Alan Pardew

Dave

Credit for the win, I think we've got a sending off to thank in all honesty though.

We were all over them right from the start of the second half tbf.

I think we were improved but we still didn't look like scoring and they still looked the better team in possession, moving through us pretty quickly. Once they went to ten their threat on the break wasn't there as much and they couldn't press us as well. It changed the game but I still didn't feel like we capitalised on it as we could have.

Credit for the win, i do think we were a bit lucky though.

Credit for the win, I think we've got a sending off to thank in all honesty though.

I think we were improved but we still didn't look like scoring and they still looked the better team in possession, moving through us pretty quickly. Once they went to ten their threat on the break wasn't there as much and they couldn't press us as well. It changed the game but I still didn't feel like we capitalised on it as we could have.

Did you miss Taylor's chance like?

Credit to him for the result. My opinion on him never changes though, I see the same problems all the fucking time and we need to sort it out on the training park. We were fired up after half-time though so credit for that too.

:thup:

It's a cup competition, if we keep winning that's all that matters. We simply don't play good football very often though, there's no point denying it.

Agree with that.

Did you miss Taylor's chance like?

No.

Credit to him for the result. My opinion on him never changes though, I see the same problems all the fucking time and we need to sort it out on the training park. We were fired up after half-time though so credit for that too.

It's a cup competition, if we keep winning that's all that matters. We simply don't play good football very often though, there's no point denying it.

I wouldn't mind if the football was route 1 if we created openings and opportunities, we generally don't.

To be simplistic we played a very, very good side with a top class manager over two legs, conceded none, scored one and arguably had the better chances in both games.

It wasn't remotely pretty but it was effective. We are through and I'm very fucking happy.

:)

The lack of fluency and incisiveness when we have the ball is so acute. I can't believe there isn't a single poster on here who can't see that.

Obviously delighted with the result but it wasn't the easiest to watch.

Yep agree with that, if you look at recent history there has been a lot of teams that I would call cloggers getting to european finals too. There is nothing pretty about us but we are getting the results.

To be simplistic we played a very, very good side with a top class manager over two legs, conceded none, scored one and arguably had the better chances in both games.

It wasn't remotely pretty but it was effective. We are through and I'm very fucking happy.

Don't disagree.

It wasn't remotely pretty but it was effective. We are through and I'm very f***ing happy.

Well said that man! :thup:

The lack of fluency and incisiveness when we have the ball is so acute. I can't believe there isn't a single poster on here who can't see that.

Yeah, you're the only one who have noticed that :lol:

We should give the long diagonal ball a go one time. :lol: Good God, all game long we did the same thing.

In other news, thanks to Alan Pardew for giving my NUFC-supporting life some meaning over the next few weeks, absolutely giddy at getting to the next round.

Wish we could show some inventive attacking play, wish we could pass the ball for longer than 3 passes without losing the ball, however having said all that, Anzhi aren't a poor team and we got the job done and over both legs were the better team. We're tough to beat, have a solid defence when some teams struggle to cope with less lenient reffing in games. No yellows for our defence iirc either.

It wasn't remotely pretty but it was effective. We are through and I'm very f***ing happy.

Yeah, you're the only one who have noticed that :lol:

You misunderstood what he's saying.

Guest Dontooner

We won, dont really know how to describe this game. I am still confused to how he wanted us to play in the first half which we were a bit lucky and in the second he play some real English Football putting the team on with "Pressure" and "Spirit".

Says we went 4-4-2 in the second?

Looked like Sissoko was pushed up with Cisse which completely changed the game imo. Still completely lacking in ideas going forward but at least we were actually going forward for the most part.