Alan Pardew

Dave

All I would criticise him for tonight is the speed of our buildup play. Far too slow. Especially after the sending off, if we'd just moved the ball around quickly and decisively we would have inevitably scored.

Not sure how much is Pards fault, but I would like him to work on that.

We're looking at a top ten finish this season (we're level on points with Fulham and in good form), as well as at least a quarter final in Europe. Considering the disaster that has been this season, that would be pretty good going tbf.

:lol:

Aye, as much as I would say a lot of the "in spite of Pardew" stuff has rang true in the league I don't think the same can be said here, IF he does win the Waffa (big IF) it'll be his doing.

What, why? :lol: Not even a collaborative effort?

Imagine if he went full on Gandalf, for no other season than for the craic.

Someone mock up an image of Gandalf Pardew watching Hatem skin Neil Taylor by the touchline.

Aye, as much as I would say a lot of the "in spite of Pardew" stuff has rang true in the league I don't think the same can be said here, IF he does win the Waffa (big IF) it'll be his doing.

What, why? :lol: Not even a collaborative effort?

Never seems to be a collaborative effort when something goes wrong ;)

He's managed to get through the rough period with us, hope next season he can evolve our play and start to progress us, he will have no excuses.

Only problem I really still have is our attacking play which tends to be a bit static, I just hope he can solve that next year as we could be a right force if we keep our players (Difficult to keep Cabaye if Man U come sniffing) and add another Striker and a Winger (We were crying out for a natural winger last night)

He's managed to get through the rough period with us, hope next season he can evolve our play and start to progress us, he will have no excuses.

Only problem I really still have is our attacking play which tends to be a bit static, I just hope he can solve that next year as we could be a right force if we keep our players (Difficult to keep Cabaye if Man U come sniffing) and add another Striker and a Winger (We were crying out for a natural winger last night)

:thup:

Meh, this is the sort of performance we were putting in last season. Nothing new and its about as good as it gets with him.

I'll take this being as good as it get's for the next several years if results stay the same, thank you very much. We play some really good stuff at times, way better than some of the real shit I've been privileged to watch over the years.

We beat an exceptionally good side over two games, I really don't get the negativity at all.

He picked the team i would have picked yesterday but for the large part of the first half we were bloody awful.

My biggest issue is what they are working on in training because it seems alot of players are making the same mistakes. For example:

Does he work on set pieces enough?

Does he tell Tiote to stop diving in to tackles?

Does he understand how to get the best out of Cisse? I.e getting him between the centre halfs.

Is he working on Santons final product?

All real issues that he hasn't resolved this season.

He picked the team i would have picked yesterday but for the large part of the first half we were bloody awful.

My biggest issue is what they are working on in training because it seems alot of players are making the same mistakes. For example:

Does he work on set pieces enough?

Does he tell Tiote to stop diving in to tackles?

Does he understand how to get the best out of Cisse? I.e getting him between the centre halfs.

Is he working on Santons final product?

All real issues that he hasn't resolved this season.

How many players do you think have actually improved under Pardew? The first one that springs to mind is Perch. After that i'm a little stumped tbh.