Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest Big Al

A reporter this morning said on Radio Newcastle that the press have been told off the record that Pardew is here unless we go down.

As far as I remember, Mr. Hughton was backed with an official statement several weeks before he got the sack in 2010, in order to make place for the 'much more experienced' AP. So nothing news I presume.

Pardew's football philosophy won't change, he use to be a defender didnt he? Well he pretty much see the game from that point of view only.  He won't change, has fat Sam changed his style? Has Rodgers, benitez, wenger changed their style? Never, coaches rarely change their style once they found their signature unless they are given tons of silly endless transfer money.

I'm convinced Pardew still watches VHS cassettes of football Italia 90, 90's serie A, scudetto and all that s*** from by gone era, won't be surprised he even jacks off to them.

He is essentially a counter attacking coach, nothing wrong with it really, problem is hes really s*** at implementing it in any sort of capacity.

Useless.

Guest icemanblue

There's been nothing, nada, zilch, in the press from any of these creative players desperate to escape. In fact, there has been several actual examples of the complete opposite. This argument is full to the brim with :anguish:

ah so its based on relentless negativity

theres been zero proof that any of the players are in any way looking to get out (colo aside which is a different matter altogether) and besides Ashley isn't exactly just going to let them go

It's based on that they'll want to play for teams that aren't battling relegation. Or do you think that's their level?

So yeah, relentless negativity then.

Aye if Arsenal or Spurs come in, they'll be desperate to stay here and keep it tight, nick a point, for another year.

Get real. Some seriously in denial people on here like.

It's on all him to enact the change imo. Hes been given the tools and support this window. Weve had bad bad luck with individual injuries but its no excuse for the play weve seen. Last season was brilliant but he'll warrant respect praise when he delivers (Top half). He is not. If he is here next season then he needs to revise his approach otherwise his remaining tenure is pointless.

This all assumes we'll stay up like, which I don't think is the case.

you think we're going down?

More likely than not at the moment IMO.

left to ourselves i think you might be right, but there's probably just enough other shite about us to save us from ourselves...then again we said similar when we went down last time :lol:

lose to fulham we really might be in the shit like, but i have a feeling we're going to steal another lucky victory after playing shit for 90 minutes

Can't imagine any of the players are happy with how this season has panned out tbh. I think it's fair to assume there's also some disillusionment within the squad too and it's not that much of a jump to think a couple may be thinking of moving on.

Nothing to base this on, just a hunch but it wouldn't be the first time ambitious players have left a struggling team for a better one. 

theres been zero proof that any of the players are in any way looking to get out (colo aside which is a different matter altogether) and besides Ashley isn't exactly just going to let them go

It's based on that they'll want to play for teams that aren't battling relegation. Or do you think that's their level?

and perhaps they believe next season we won't be battling relegation and be actively competing further up the table?

Thing is everything is in the clubs hands....

All of the best players are on long term contracts thus we can dictate what happens.

Even if they wanted to go they are not going until Ashley gets the amount he wants.

Which will allow us to strengthen again.

There's been nothing, nada, zilch, in the press from any of these creative players desperate to escape. In fact, there has been several actual examples of the complete opposite. This argument is full to the brim with :anguish:

Who said anything about "desperate to escape"?

In a World Cup year, they'll want to be somewhere that can showcase their talents, not stifle them. Common fucking sense.

and perhaps they believe next season we won't be battling relegation and be actively competing further up the table?

If they have serious mental issues then they might stay then.

Aye if Arsenal or Spurs come in, they'll be desperate to stay here and keep it tight, nick a point, for another year.

But what if Arsenal and Spurs don't come in? Or you know, what if Ashley doesn't agree with their offer and turns it down?

Can't imagine any of the players are happy with how this season has panned out tbh. I think it's fair to assume there's also some disillusionment within the squad too and it's not that much of a jump to think a couple may be thinking of moving on.

Nothing to base this on, just a hunch but it wouldn't be the first time ambitious players have left a struggling team for a better one.

Exactly, people are going on like that's never ever happened. :lol:

What about giving the ball away far too easily? Unable to play three/four yard passes at times.

Could it be they arent as good as we think they are? Just playing devils advocate.

as regards this i've heard it before and don't buy it, you don't make international teams like france if you can't play 4 yard passes

what's more likely is they're having the confidence and understanding between players coached out of them, they're not sure what anyone is going to do off the ball and it shows in their play...i put the 4 yard passes shit down to sheer lack of concentration/laziness that comes from not being on top of your game

No they aren't, it's just that you are going on like it's a certainty, which it isn't :lol:

It's genuinely shocking :lol:

I thought this season might have been a kick in the teeth for those with their heads firmly in the sand but they have just buried deeper :lol:

Guest icemanblue

In a World Cup year, they'll want to be somewhere that can showcase their talents, not stifle them. Common fucking sense.

It's not 'common fucking sense', at all. It's a point of view born from relentless and unflinching negativity. Even if we'd repeated our performance from last season, we'd still be at risk of losing players to bigger clubs. That's just our lot, at the minute.

No they aren't, it's just that you are going on like it's a certainty, which it isn't :lol:

We've got a lot of top class players IMO and I think it is a certainty that at least a couple will go, yes.

Whether they come or not; having one eye on the door can only be a bad thing. They are paid handsomely on great contracts; which seems to count for little unfortunately these days. You've got to be seen to be aspirational and competitve which despite the legacy of last season with the Europa league, we haven't been.

Guest icemanblue

What about giving the ball away far too easily? Unable to play three/four yard passes at times.

Could it be they arent as good as we think they are? Just playing devils advocate.

as regards this i've heard it before and don't buy it, you don't make international teams like france if you can't play 4 yard passes

what's more likely is they're having the confidence and understanding between players coached out of them, they're not sure what anyone is going to do off the ball and it shows in their play...i put the 4 yard passes shit down to sheer lack of concentration/laziness that comes from not being on top of your game

I get accused of making excuses for Pardew. :lol:

It's not 'common fucking sense', at all. It's a point of view born from relentless and unflinching negativity. Even if we'd repeated our performance from last season, we'd still be at risk of losing players to bigger clubs. That's just our lot, at the minute.

Negativity. :lol:

We're in a relegation battle and people are still peddling that shit?

Grow up ffs.

I get accused of making excuses for Pardew. :lol:

sorry?