Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest Dontooner

Sorry thought yet again we were playing too much on the counter and surrender possession too much. Fortune flavors the brave they had like 10 corners and we had none at some point.

This is what positive football gets you , Performances and wins.

Sorry thought yet again we were playing too much on the counter and surrender possession too much. Fortune flavors the brave they had like 10 corners and we had none at some point.

This is what positive football gets you , Performances and wins.

Get out now! and take your rancid idea about football with you.

http://i.imgur.com/Nd20l.gif

Absolute joke of a post and poster. Aye it's all Pardews fault Santon played an awful backpass and Taylor did a Taylor you f***ing numpty.

GTF you plank

What excuse do you use for the shit ball of a season then?

He can be blamed for two poor substitutions, mind.

And doing nout effective since going 3-1 down.

A striker for a largely ineffective midfielder for the second half and a sensible sub when we could still be in this with next week to come.

He can be blamed for two poor substitutions, mind.

And doing nout effective since going 3-1 down.

A striker for a largely ineffective midfielder for the second half and a sensible sub when we could still be in this with next week to come.

Good one.

It's Pardew's fault we welcome pressure week in week out.

We have gone away to a very good side, scored 1, hit the post twice, Cisse was through one on one and was unlucky with the pitch.

The Santon and Taylor goals are nothing to do with Pardew, you can argue that it's pressure that have made professional footballers make these very basic mistakes but that is just bollocks and clearly an agenda.

I have not been happy with this season in general but to blame Pardew for this is absolutely ridiculous. Apart from two individual fuck ups we would have walked away with a fantastic result.

Match thread has turned into the predictable moronothon :lol:

You love that though.

Not really, just makes me cringe at some of the posters we have on this forum and hope they aren't looked at as representatives of our fanbase from other fans browsing the forum.

I'm very anti-Pardew but there's not much he could have done differently tonight. We started really well, got the lead and just about hung on. Those 2 Cisse efforts that bounced back off the post have changed the entire complexion of the tie. Crucial moments that went against us can't be blamed on Pardew.

We've been undone by two daft individual mistakes. Unfortunately both mistakes were punished fully against a very good team. 3-1 leaves a hell of an effort needed but the tie's not dead yet. We've been unfortunate tonight and Benfica are a hell of a team. Pissed off but at the way the breaks have fallen rather than at Pardew.

Their second goal derives from our biggest problem: the lack of movement. It's fucking pass and stand and watch all the time apart from the occasional attempt from Sissoko. It was a shit pass from Santon, no mistake about that, but you don't see many teams getting cornered in their own half to the extent we do.

Still think tonight has been a Pardew classic, not defending a result, but inviting a turnaround. It's the mentality and footballing approach that invites the pressure and surrender of possession. We never have any options and hence lose the ball wherever we are. It's unbearable to watch and has been for some time.

Guest Dontooner

We have gone away to a very good side, scored 1, hit the post twice, Cisse was through one on one and was unlucky with the pitch.

The Santon and Taylor goals are nothing to do with Pardew, you can argue that it's pressure that have made professional footballers make these very basic mistakes but that is just bollocks and clearly an agenda.

I have not been happy with this season in general but to blame Pardew for this is absolutely ridiculous. Apart from two individual f*** ups we would have walked away with a fantastic result.

maybe that's why we only have 1 away win in the league. Strong teams away...should defend 1st play later

I have not been happy with this season in general but to blame Pardew for this is absolutely ridiculous. Apart from two individual fuck ups we would have walked away with a fantastic result.

Individual mistakes or not goals have been coming the whole second half because we welcome pressure just like they did against Man City and Wigan. This season has been nothing but an absolute joke this match aside. We now have nothing to play for this season except survival. FUCKING SURVIVAL with a team with top class international players in. i don't know how you can defend him he's an absolute joke of a manager. Football last season was fucking shit bar 6 games. This season has been one of the worst i've ever had to watch.

I'm far from a fan of Pardew but to blame him for tonight is just ridiculous. We went 1-0 up, hit the post twice and also had a great opportunity when Marveaux should have played it across the box for a Cisse tap in. Benfica's goals were very unlucky as well, the first one could have landed anywhere and it landed at the feet of one of them, we all know the story with the other two goals. Two of the substitutions were forced on Pardew as well.

Basically bar a bit of luck and bit more thought from two or three of our players, we would have won this game and we'd be singing Pardew's praises.

He's got to be gutted tonight, undone by Santon and Taylor.

The approach was absolutely spot on, couldn't really argue with the lineup either.

I thought bringing on Shola was an OK idea when we needed the ball to stick up front, you could argue about who should have gone off though.

Their second goal derives from our biggest problem: the lack of movement. It's f***ing pass and stand and watch all the time apart from the occasional attempt from Sissoko. It was a s*** pass from Santon, no mistake about that, but you don't see many teams getting cornered in their own half to the extent we do.

Still think tonight has been a Pardew classic, not defending a result, but inviting a turnaround. It's the mentality and footballing approach that invites the pressure and surrender of possession. We never have any options and hence lose the ball wherever we are. It's unbearable to watch and has been for some time.

Sums it up for me.

Guest palnese

I just don't understand his approach to the game, and probably never will. We score, then defend. It doesn't work, but always happen.

It's so frustrating having to watch all this talent being wasted.

Their second goal derives from our biggest problem: the lack of movement. It's f***ing pass and stand and watch all the time apart from the occasional attempt from Sissoko. It was a s*** pass from Santon, no mistake about that, but you don't see many teams getting cornered in their own half to the extent we do.

Exactly this, he has spent over two years here now drilling the entire squad into staying in their own half , get back in position and treating the ball like a hot potato.

When your team has been conditioned this way for so long then one day to turn up and tell them to attack, it's going to be tough on them.

People may blame santon I do too, but even without the mistake the match was only going to go one way after they equalised.  We simply could not contain them.

Guest Dontooner

We had a team capable to attack Benfica but we stay back and invited pressure. Look at how Benfica positive play make thier players gain in confidence each time they had possession. They won because we allow them too much possession and we were constantly pressured. Negative approach