Alan Pardew

Dave

Guest Dontooner

Yeah i blame our defenders too, the midfield and the attacking players were great this season . Making multiple chances out of nothing and not piling pressure on our back four. Good tactics!

if santon and taylor hadnt of had mares, and cisses shots had went in off the post- would anyone be criticising Pardew?

Aye, the weather is a bit cold tonight. ffs It's April Pardew what you playing at.

Once again he's blaming our "lack of ambition"..... isn't it the manager's job to ensure the mentality of the team is the way he wants it?

I agree that he couldn't have done much more to prevent the 2 goals being conceded.

It's how we react to these things though. Us having bad luck doesn't get him off the hook imo.

I did actually think he done well on the whole mind, then he went and took of our best player.

Option was either to stick or twist. He stuck, which I can forgive in this scenario because they looked dangerous every time they went forward, but I agree that I think we should have kept Mareaux on and had another go at it. 3-2 would've been a very decent result.

Like I said earlier in the thread does the manager have to shoulder all the blame or should some of the players acknowledge their part? 

Santon and Taylor want flogging.

Taylor yes, Santon no.

I don't think there's much analysis to be done after tonight TBH, we committed footballing suicide through individual errors.

We can analyse his changes after we went down 3-1 though. Shola on to negative effect once again. Uninspiring.

Thought we did all right until we went behind though.

It was suicide by the players on the pitch and not Pardew at the end of the day.. there was a good chance it was going to finish 1-1 or at worst 2-1 which in the circumstances would have been a good result.

Think Pardew's set up was on the money tonight.

Like I said earlier in the thread does the manager have to shoulder all the blame or should some of the players acknowledge their part? 

Taylor yes, Santon no.

Why do you say that?

Misinterpreting flogging at a guess.

Taylor yes, Santon no.

Why do you say that?

Misinterpreting flogging at a guess.

:lol:

Oh aye.

It's how we react to these things though. Us having bad luck doesn't get him off the hook imo.

I did actually think he done well on the whole mind, then he went and took of our best player.

Option was either to stick or twist. He stuck, which I can forgive in this scenario because they looked dangerous every time they went forward, but I agree that I think we should have kept Mareaux on and had another go at it. 3-2 would've been a very decent result.

Marveaux went down with possible cramp not long before being hooked, that could've been an issue.

Allowing for one individual error, we'd be going into next week arguably slight favourites, two though, not sure how he can legislate for that. We're still in it anyway. In a perverse Glenn Hoddle way, 3-1 might mean we have to go for their throats next week. 2-1 and he might have been more inclined to play for the 1-0 and hold on.

Taylor yes, Santon no.

Why do you say that?

Obviously it was a massive fuck up but Santon needs a pat on the back, as he has been badly effected by bollockings in the past.

Allowing for one individual error, we'd be going into next week arguably slight favourites, two though, not sure how he can legislate for that. We're still in it anyway. In a perverse Glenn Hoddle way, 3-1 might mean we have to go for their throats next week. 2-1 and he might have been more inclined to play for the 1-0 and hold on.

Can't beat a bit of straw-clutching, but I agree in a way. We'll have to go for it, it's as simple as that.

I don't fancy us at this point but I can see a high-scoring game whatever happens.

A win against Fulham might help us take the shackles off a bit.