Alan Pardew

Dave

I think you have to attribute a lot of this season's mess to Pardew. Certain players have been below par in their performances and have at times looked utterly shot for confidence, but when you have a manager who isn't taking a confident approach to setting up his team that's obviously going to be the end-result. Our only game-plan is to cancel-out the opposition's gameplan and try to grab a goal, and frankly that's unacceptable with the players we have. We showed glimpses of a more confident set-up, designed to take the game to the opposition, following the arrivals of Gouffran and Sissoko et al, but that was short lived and we've slipped back into the old negative approach pretty quickly.

I'd be willing to give him another season on the back of last years success alone but he desperately needs to look at his short-comings and change his approach.

This is the bit which worries me, if you think he has done absolutely nothing about our set pieces for nearly two years, it just doesn't bode well.

I don't think he can change as he simply isn't good enough to.

wot

Our set pieces match, Pardew has done nothing about them at all. If he can't change them i can't see him changing his whole approach footbal in general.

Set penises ftw, bimpy.

I'm trying to dig up some quotes but haven't had much luck, I'm sure Pardew made comments about turning Tiote into the "complete midfielder" and if that's the case then it's not unfair to say that Pardew (in this instance) isn't very good at spotting his players' strengths and weaknesses, and instructing them accordingly.  The way Tiote's game has changed since he joined us would appear to back this up, but no - it's another case of players ignoring instructions and doing their own thing. :lol:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6635071,00.html

He said: "He reminds me of Essien, if I am honest, he is that type.

"When he attacks teams and runs at them, he could be as effective for us as Essien is for Chelsea."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is so much more to come from him if we can get him out of just popping it off safely.

Nice one, Pards.

Guest bimpy474

I think you have to attribute a lot of this season's mess to Pardew. Certain players have been below par in their performances and have at times looked utterly shot for confidence, but when you have a manager who isn't taking a confident approach to setting up his team that's obviously going to be the end-result. Our only game-plan is to cancel-out the opposition's gameplan and try to grab a goal, and frankly that's unacceptable with the players we have. We showed glimpses of a more confident set-up, designed to take the game to the opposition, following the arrivals of Gouffran and Sissoko et al, but that was short lived and we've slipped back into the old negative approach pretty quickly.

I'd be willing to give him another season on the back of last years success alone but he desperately needs to look at his short-comings and change his approach.

This is the bit which worries me, if you think he has done absolutely nothing about our set pieces for nearly two years, it just doesn't bode well.

I don't think he can change as he simply isn't good enough to.

wot

Our set pieces match, Pardew has done nothing about them at all. If he can't change them i can't see him changing his whole approach footbal in general.

Set penises ftw, bimpy.

:lol: i was trying to be growd up then :lol:

http://i45.tinypic.com/1zpsa41.jpg

Look at us in that table with our squad man, it's absolutely unforgivable and Pardew should be gone at the end of the season. I don't even want to risk him next season, because if the shit hits the fan mid season I don't trust Ashley to replace him properly under pressure. It's better we get rid in May and have time to get a new manager in, and then the new manager has time to work with the team.

Also Wigan play QPR tomorrow and have a game in hand. :lol:

Guest Dontooner

How some defend Pardew seems to me even if we got relegated they would think it was injuries and bad luck. Never the managers fault.

I'm trying to dig up some quotes but haven't had much luck, I'm sure Pardew made comments about turning Tiote into the "complete midfielder" and if that's the case then it's not unfair to say that Pardew (in this instance) isn't very good at spotting his players' strengths and weaknesses, and instructing them accordingly.  The way Tiote's game has changed since he joined us would appear to back this up, but no - it's another case of players ignoring instructions and doing their own thing. :lol:

"When he attacks teams and runs at them, he could be as effective for us as Essien is for Chelsea."

There is so much more to come from him if we can get him out of just popping it off safely.

Nice one, Pards.

:lol: That is a fucking appalling comment.  Here was the whole support thinking "thank fuck for that, we've finally got a destroyer in there who can intercept the ball, keep it simple and pass it to the flair players" but Pardew had other ideas about the matter, clearly.

http://i45.tinypic.com/1zpsa41.jpg

Look at us in that table with our squad man, it's absolutely unforgivable and Pardew should be gone at the end of the season. I don't even want to risk him next season, because if the s*** hits the fan mid season I don't trust Ashley to replace him properly under pressure. It's better we get rid in May and have time to get a new manager in, and then the new manager has time to work with the team.

Also Wigan play QPR tomorrow and have a game in hand. :lol:

Nice one, Pards.

:lol: That is a f***ing appalling comment.  Here was the whole support thinking "thank f*** for that, we've finally got a destroyer in there who can intercept the ball, keep it simple and pass it to the flair players" but Pardew had other ideas about the matter, clearly.

You know it will be the fault of Tiote for listening.

The uplift with the new arrivals was because Pards hadn't had time to melt their minds with his signature claptrap. Now the virus has taken hold they have become like all the other players: Pardautomatons.

Whether we stay up or not should not decide if Pardew stays or goes.

Relegation can (and by the looks of it will) come down to very small margins. A few points.  Him getting a few more or less points should not determine whether he is our manager next season.

What should determine it is that right now we're fucking boatloads of points behind where we should be. It's frankly disgusting that we're fighting relegation with this squad. Our cowardly tactics of trying to limit and stagnate other teams for 90 minutes and nick one on the break or at a set piece (HAHAHAHAHAHA) should be enough on their own to get him the sack, but the results have been disgraceful as well. Yes, we've had injuries. And Europe. But we're way better than bloody 15th in the league ffs and we just look clueless every single game.

He's just got to go, but as important as getting rid of him is getting the right replacement. We need someone who can work with Carr and our scouting network and who will take the shackles off a very decent team and let them actually play some football.

Nice one, Pards.

:lol: :lol: :lol: It's unbelievable man.

Whether we stay up or not should not decide if Pardew stays or goes.

Relegation can (and by the looks of it will) come down to very small margins. A few points.  Him getting a few more or less points should not determine whether he is our manager next season.

What should determine it is that right now we're fucking boatloads of points behind where we should be. It's frankly disgusting that we're fighting relegation with this squad. Our cowardly tactics of trying to limit and stagnate other teams for 90 minutes and nick one on the break or at a set piece (HAHAHAHAHAHA) should be enough on their own to get him the sack, but the results have been disgraceful as well. Yes, we've had injuries. And Europe. But we're way better than bloody 15th in the league ffs and we just look clueless every single game.

He's just got to go, but as important as getting rid of him is getting the right replacement. We need someone who can work with Carr and our scouting network and who will take the shackles off a very decent team and let them actually play some football.

I have absolutely no doubts that there are dozens of very technical and savvy managers around europe gagging for a crack at the PL. Looking at our squad is even more encouragement.

Injuries man. You'd have to pretty much nobble our entire first team (other than Cisse cos Benteke's canny) and half the reserves before the team were on a level playing field with Aston Villa.

Injuries man. You'd have to pretty much nobble our entire first team (other than Cisse cos Benteke's canny) and half the reserves before the team were on a level playing field with Aston Villa.

And Europe is another excuse, something we qualified for 3 and a half months before the summer transfer window closed.

Big test for Pardew tomorrow. Will he be able to inspire confidence and encourage the players to play to their full potential, or will he be concentrating their minds on the threat of the likes of Duff, Rodallega and, especially, Berbatov?

:scared:

I wouldn't mind knowing what the apologists look for in a football match.  What is the difference between a good one and a bad one and if they actually watch us and come away from a game having enjoyed it and if they did, why?  What are some of us missing that they can see?  If nothing else, the answer might provide a laugh.

If we lose AND play percentage football tomorrow Pardageddon will be unleashed on here.

We may as well just give up. If our team can't look at our predicament and avoid defeat to Fulham at home we're fucked.

Guest bimpy474

Oi he was my shout 2 months ago  :angry:

Sociedad manager? good shout but they will probably be in the CL next season and us in the championship the way things are going :lol:

Yep, plays good football, French....i suppose that's good.

Just think he's a good fit.

Guest bimpy474

If we lose AND play percentage football tomorrow Pardageddon will be unleashed on here.

We may as well just give up. If our team can't look at our predicament and avoid defeat to Fulham at home we're fucked.

This is where you want your manager to say "right get out there and tear them a new arsehole and bury our relegation fears".

What we will get it "keep deep, dont give them space, keep the shape and dont be attacking, Fulham are great, up to Cisse fast and play off him". Any free kick, hoy into their box, you never know.

Corners.......floaty ones please  :pardsgrin: