Alan Pardew

Dave

He's just been on Radio Newcastle and said that we need to nullify Berbatov and somebody else who I didn't hear, I also heard him say trust me :lol:

Fuck off, you're making that up. :lol:

Please?

Surely it'll be more like...

Pardew: Here, good players, play shit - it's OK you won't be too blame, I'll shoulder that. Just remember to play as shit as possible, that's the key. Yohan, Yohan, be as invisible as possible like the last 2, fans love you so they won't care but don't forget to knack one of theres for no reason - you're probably tired and need a rest despite being injured loads already. Danny? Hoof it all the time, they fucking hate you anyway so you might as well take the piss out of the daft Geordie cunts. Davide, oh Davide my bella brusco, remember not too worry about your position, stand wherever when defending and try not too pay to much attention, you don't want to get brain strain. Etc, etc.

He's just been on Radio Newcastle and said that we need to nullify Berbatov and somebody else who I didn't hear, I also heard him say trust me :lol:

Please?

I know me too, I was hoping we'd pay no attention to him either.

Pardew: Here, good players, play shit - it's OK you won't be too blame, I'll shoulder that. Just remember to play as shit as possible, that's the key. Yohan, Yohan, be as invisible as possible like the last 2, fans love you so they won't care but don't forget to knack one of theres for no reason - you're probably tired and need a rest despite being injured loads already. Danny? Hoof it all the time, they fucking hate you anyway so you might as well take the piss out of the daft Geordie cunts. Davide, oh Davide my bella brusco, remember not too worry about your position, stand wherever when defending and try not too pay to much attention, you don't want to get brain strain. Etc, etc.

Becoming very dull all this like, Disco.

Please?

I know me too, I was hoping we'd pay no attention to him either.

:lol:

f*** off, you're making that up. :lol:

Please?

I'm not, I didn't hear everything he said though.

That's the point. (aside from mine is in jest, others seem to believe the conjecture they spout over and over again)

Guest bimpy474

It is daft when we're criticising the man for saying we need to stop a couple of their key players getting into the game, like.

If he bases our entire team shape and game plan around stopping them then it's a different story, he's done it before.

But this is what he seems to do with 80% of our games though :(

That's the point. (aside from mine is in jest, others seem to believe the conjecture they spout over and over again)

There are also people making reasoned criticism of him, which seems to be ignored.  It's apparently all misguided hysteria from people who want to see us become a laughing stock by sacking another manager.

What I'm finding extremely tedious on this thread is that if you criticise Pardew for legitimate reasons (WE ARE FUCKING THREE POINTS OFF RELEGATION FFS) It's turned into some sort or ridicule along the lines of "HAHAH YEAH HE TELLS TIOTE TO PLAY SHIT". Its boring as fuck now, and this whole he got us 5th last season thing? so what, we aren't fifth now, we are three points off relegation with a young exciting and very good team (cue the "are these players as good as we say they are).

End of the day, there is no excuse for this season, absolutely nothing. Its really that simple.

But this is a massive, massive point which is completely ignored by almost everyone in their rush to blame (or deflect) Pardew.

There are also people making reasoned criticism of him, which seems to be ignored.  It's apparently all misguided hysteria from people who want to see us become a laughing stock by sacking another manager.

True but then it's usually backed up with conjecture and hyperbole which naturally takes centre stage unfortunately.

It wouldn't even be so bad but I don't even particularly like the guy that much, he's pretty much mediocre.

It is daft when we're criticising the man for saying we need to stop a couple of their key players getting into the game, like.

If he bases our entire team shape and game plan around stopping them then it's a different story, he's done it before.

It might be better for us if we focus on which of our players are going to hurt Fulham..

Guest neesy111

What I'm finding extremely tedious on this thread is that if you criticise Pardew for legitimate reasons (WE ARE FUCKING THREE POINTS OFF RELEGATION FFS) It's turned into some sort or ridicule along the lines of "HAHAH YEAH HE TELLS TIOTE TO PLAY SHIT". Its boring as fuck now, and this whole he got us 5th last season thing? so what, we aren't fifth now, we are three points off relegation with a young exciting and very good team (cue the "are these players as good as we say they are).

End of the day, there is no excuse for this season, absolutely nothing. Its really that simple.

But this is a massive, massive point which is completely ignored by almost everyone in their rush to blame (or deflect) Pardew.

Which I was shot down when I suggested it earlier as usual.

It happens on both sides tbf, the difference is I can fully understand the boring hysteria of the "KILL PARDS" crew, they're just passionate about their club to the extent that it retards them.

The "LEAVE PARDS ALONE" lot are baffling though, at the very least you have to accept that Pardew isn't the best man for the job and the club could be light years better off if they went with another man.t hat isn't even debatable imo, he's an average manager in charge of a club that should be battling for the top 4 every season.

They're far better than they're showing at the minute, it's bloody obvious.  Might not be the worldbeaters some think they are but I don't see how that matters - the point is that the teams we've put out this year could and should have brought us a lot more points.

What I'm finding extremely tedious on this thread is that if you criticise Pardew for legitimate reasons (WE ARE f***ing THREE POINTS OFF RELEGATION FFS) It's turned into some sort or ridicule along the lines of "HAHAH YEAH HE TELLS TIOTE TO PLAY s***". Its boring as f*** now, and this whole he got us 5th last season thing? so what, we aren't fifth now, we are three points off relegation with a young exciting and very good team (cue the "are these players as good as we say they are).

They're far better than they're showing at the minute, it's bloody obvious.  Might not be the worldbeaters some think they are but I don't see how that matters - the point is that the teams we've put out this year could and should have brought us a lot more points.

It's certainly the best squad of players we've had in years in terms of quality.

a club that should be battling for the top 4 every season.

And before anyone says anything here, a couple of years ago this was different as it appeared that we were an unattractive club who players didn't want to be 100 miles of with an owner who was unwilling invest/was just going to pocket the cash etc. That simply isn't the case at all now.

Guest bimpy474

I would have said, half a dozen French players who are nearly all Internationals, 3 who have played Champions League and won the League title in their country. Add the rest of the squad, most of who are Internationals.

If anyone thinks our place in the league is down to the players not being good enough, and not Pardew's tactics and general management. You must be mental tbh.

How good are the players then Disco? Worse than Southampton? Villa? Norwich? Stoke?

Presumably you think we need to jettison Graham Carr too as he's the one primarily responsible for bringing them in?

What I'm finding extremely tedious on this thread is that if you criticise Pardew for legitimate reasons (WE ARE f***ing THREE POINTS OFF RELEGATION FFS) It's turned into some sort or ridicule along the lines of "HAHAH YEAH HE TELLS TIOTE TO PLAY s***". Its boring as f*** now, and this whole he got us 5th last season thing? so what, we aren't fifth now, we are three points off relegation with a young exciting and very good team (cue the "are these players as good as we say they are).

It's certainly the best squad of players we've had in years.

And despite that becoming a bit of a cliche on here, it's true - I've seen enough utterly shite NUFC teams over the years to know this isn't one of them.  We've got quality in every position, we even have a bit of depth now and most of the backup players aren't bad.  A few weak links but certainly a lot better as a squad than all of the NUFC squads I've seen finish in the bottom half of the Premier League.