Alan Pardew

Dave

If have to agree with that,last season was fantastic,this season has been a nightmare.

Last season our football wasn't great,but he still got us 5th with Danny Simpson and Williamson playing most of the season  :D

This season has been poor from the start,injuries and Europa haven't helped.

Next season is his decider,he's got a quality squad to work with which may become even stronger and more in-depth over the summer,no European football next season so there really is no excuses.

I hope we improve in our style and stop shitting ourselves once we take the lead.

Mind you,lose tomorrow and dare I say,lose the derby,the owners will seriously have to consider his position.

exactly how i see it. especially the bit about shitting it after taking the lead as i see it that we can't handle pressure as opposed to it being a tactic or plan to sit back after taking a lead.

Sounds pretty far-fetched to me.

as opposed to the manager saying "go a goal up and drop back 20yds as it's worked so well for us and just try and hold on for 70mins"

I feel pretty conflicted. Part of me likes him, appreciates his tenacity and the way he conducts himself and wants him to get another season - especially when considering a replacement would possibly/probably make things worse. A bigger part of me thinks he's just never going to be up to it tactically. He gets far too much criticism on here, mind, a lot of which is due to the nasty habit we have as NUFC supporters of overrating our players.

I feel pretty conflicted. Part of me likes him, appreciates his tenacity and the way he conducts himself and wants him to get another season - especially when considering a replacement would possibly/probably make things worse. A bigger part of me thinks he's just never going to be up to it tactically. He gets far too much criticism on here, mind, a lot of which is due to the nasty habit we have as NUFC supporters of overrating our players.

your most sensible post in..............well, ever.

We were great at hanging onto a lead last season even if it led to plenty of excruciating games but it was all last ditch stuff by and large. For all the criticism of him, Danny Simpson must have kicked about twenty points off the goalline and Krul was sensational.

We didn't have the ability to kill games via possession football so we just hung on. If you're doing that, it only takes a tiny change in the wind to start shelling goals and points and that's exactly what has ultimately happened.

Blackburn away, Wolves away, Man United away, QPR away - eight points off the top of my head that frankly were robbed whilst plenty of home games were spent on the edge of our six yard box - Wolves, Norwich, Everton, QPR...

your most sensible post in..............well, ever.

i was thinking that! :-) 

We were great at hanging onto a lead last season even if it led to plenty of excruciating games but it was all last ditch stuff by and large. For all the criticism of him, Danny Simpson must have kicked about twenty points off the goalline and Krul was sensational.

We didn't have the ability to kill games via possession football so we just hung on. If you're doing that, it only takes a tiny change in the wind to start shelling goals and points and that's exactly what has ultimately happened.

Blackburn away, Wolves away, Man United away, QPR away - eight points off the top of my head that frankly were robbed whilst plenty of home games were spent on the edge of our six yard box - Wolves, Norwich, Everton, QPR...

wolves away 2-0 up should have been three, hardly a case of sitting on a lead. (QPR,Blackburn were definite muggings mind)

as for the home games we'll have to disagree as  IMO most of our wins were deserved and weren't as scary as many think, just that we seemed to play below what we (the fans) think we can. for all they weren't great performances I struggle to remember games at home where we didn't get what we deserved and a lot of the panic came from us, the fans, when only having a one goal lead, the atmosphere was often a lot edgier than the game imo.

Have to say watching Southampton transform so effortlessly with a new manager is very galling :lol:

Dunno about transform like, they weren't in the bottom three when they binned Adkins and gave us a real footballing lesson in November (after which we should have made the big decision). They had the most ridiculous opening run of fixtures but since then they've been pretty consistently good.

Lovejoy :thup:

Completely agree, Southampton have played great stuff all season the key differences i have noticed are as follows.

1. Press much better as a team

2. More organised defensively

3. Don't choke away loads of chances every game :lol:

Seriously i have seen Southampton a lot this season and the amount of chances they were creating under Atkins and throwing away followed by stupid defending led to poor results by comparison.

Obviously results have improved but i don't believe performances have been totally transformed.

Have to disagree, the way they break NOW is scary. Teams shit it when 5-6 shift up the park as soon as they get posession. Also today Lambert played like a Michu clone. Early signs are that Pochettino is pretty slick.

I knew immediately when posting that from my "smart" phone that it'd be jumped upon :lol: Transform is strong, obviously - and it's early days yet, but as you guys have said - very promising signs already.

Guest bimpy474

Not really, if you take aside the cockney nonsense that some will never like him for. Its the football Ron, nothing else, the state of the football, the lack of forward play. In two years here none of us know exactly what football he wants to play, it's just a mess, a hit and hope mess.

I hate to say this but just look at Liverpool, blobface will have them playing the football he wants, Pardew ? what is it we are trying to do each game, no pattern, no teamwork, no ideas most of the time. I don't want to change manager again but for christ sake in two years, can we see anything that resembles a system.

Do you know what, it's depressing watching us right now, Pardew has sucked the fun out of my football, not because of the table, it's what you get to see. I mean, say we play well and muller Fulham, everyone will be shocked at the decent play, that's how bad it's got.

Hoping for some decent football, not swift attacking lovely football, just some bog standard passing that looks ok, it really has got that bad.

Not really, if you take aside the cockney nonsense that some will never like him for. Its the football Ron, nothing else, the state of the football, the lack of forward play. In two years here none of us know exactly what football he wants to play, it's just a mess, a hit and hope mess.

I hate to say this but just look at Liverpool, blobface will have them playing the football he wants, Pardew ? what is it we are trying to do each game, no pattern, no teamwork, no ideas most of the time. I don't want to change manager again but for christ sake in two years, can we see anything that resembles a system.

Do you know what, it's depressing watching us right now, Pardew has sucked the fun out of my football, not because of the table, it's what you get to see. I mean, say we play well and muller Fulham, everyone will be shocked at the decent play, that's how bad it's got.

Hoping for some decent football, not swift attacking lovely football, just some bog standard passing that looks ok, it really has got that bad.

which to be fair, in the main (not including last week) we had done since the january window.

Guest bimpy474

which to be fair, in the main (not including last week) we had done since the january window.

He did a bit, but is that what i need to hoy myself down a well to get a wish for. Even then it's not exactly exciting, i like nice football me  :(

He did a bit, but is that what i need to hoy myself down a well to get a wish for. Even then it's not exactly exciting, i like nice football me  :(

I like getting to 1-0 after 5 minutes and thinking "we're going to pan this lot" - this season, even 2-0 up against Wigan at home after 20 minutes, them with ten men, I was worried all the way until Bigirimana scored about them coming back into it because we play with no attacking purpose when we've got a lead. Even in that game we only matched them 50-50 in possession.

Several times this season, we've taken the lead just before half time and my missus is actually annoyed about it - "now he'll just tell them to defend it, wish we hadn't bothered". Caught up in the moment, I'll always tell her she's being utterly ridiculous, then at full time I have to tell her that she was right. I don't like telling her that under any circumstances.

I like getting to 1-0 after 5 minutes and thinking "we're going to pan this lot" - this season, even 2-0 up against Wigan at home after 20 minutes, them with ten men, I was worried all the way until Bigirimana scored about them coming back into it because we play with no attacking purpose when we've got a lead. Even in that game we only matched them 50-50 in possession.

Several times this season, we've taken the lead just before half time and my missus is actually annoyed about it - "now he'll just tell them to defend it, wish we hadn't bothered". Caught up in the moment, I'll always tell her she's being utterly ridiculous, then at full time I have to tell her that she was right. I don't like telling her that under any circumstances.

do you think he's spent half time saying "sit back, just hold on tp it" ?

Yes.

Yes.

on the basis that it's got such a good past record ?

on the basis that it's got such past record ?

Do you think he doesn't?

nope. i think we have a team who panic under pressure (which could probably be down to the manager) but that he sets them out time after time after taking a lead  and it's backfired the same way is just silly.

Its the football itself, that will always grind on us fans.  If we can take our own heads out of our arses, me included and everyone else on here, let just say none of us were nufc fans, lets be subjective and pretend we are a neutral follower of the premiership league,

would anyone of us truely pay money to watch a Alan Pardew Newcastle side?  Will we F**K, why? because its f***ing horrible. Its atrocious!

We only tolerate this disgraceful filth and even entertain the idea of watching nufc because we are the supporters, we haven't got a bleeding choice.

On the basis that I've seen it happen too many times to be an individual game tactic. It has become as predictable as the floated back-post set piece to a centre half. Just look any past match thread at half time when we lead.

We like to sit deep, keep the shape rigid and get the ball away from our goal. That's how we play, moreso with a goal advantage. "Get it away".

nope. i think we have a team who panic under pressure (which could probably be down to the manager) but that he sets them out time after time after taking a lead  and it's backfired the same way is just silly.

It's just as silly to suggest that the players who are coached on defence for 4 days out of 5 just take no notice of the manager who trains, motivates and picks the team.  If it is the case then he should still go for having no control over the people who he's supposed to manage. 

Guest bimpy474

Its the football itself, that will always grind on us fans.  If we can take our own heads out of our arses, me included and everyone else on here, let just say none of us were nufc fans, lets be subjective and pretend we are a neutral follower of the premiership league,

would anyone of us truely pay money to watch a Alan Pardew Newcastle side?  Will we F**K, why? because its f***ing horrible. Its atrocious!

We only tolerate this disgraceful filth and even entertain the idea of watching nufc because we are the supporters, we haven't got a bleeding choice and we can't help ourselves.

Yep. it's awful to watch and this season as our position in the league shows its not good enough. I'm sick of hearing about injuries, Europa and every other excuse him and whoever come out with.

None of that should stop a fooball manager getting his team to string 3/4/5 passes together. I hate long ball, no i'm not even going to go there, i ranted earlier in the season about that shit.

Yep. it's awful to watch and this season as our position in the league shows its not good enough. I'm sick of hearing about injuries, Europa and every other excuse him and whoever come out with.

None of that should stop a fooball getting his team to string 3/4/5 passes together. I hate long ball, no i'm not even going to go there, i ranting earlier in the season about that s***.

He was claiming the players were tired earlier in the season because of Europe yet he was fielding almost 2 different teams a week.

On the basis that I've seen it happen too many times to be an individual game tactic. It has become as predictable as the floated back-post set piece to a centre half. Just look any past match thread at half time when we lead.

We like to sit deep, keep the shape rigid and get the ball away from our goal. That's how we play.

no argument with that, but for the rest it's not so much that we like to sit deep  if we are leading as the oppo so will push on and we aren't well equipped to put up with it (may be the players, may be the manager, not sure which yet)