Alan Pardew

Dave

Genuinely quite bored now.

Bored of the same performances. Bored of being bored on a Sunday. Bored of making the same posts on this forum even.

I've always thought Pardew was an average manager. After almost two seasons, I've re-assessed. He's actually below average on the evidence available.

Outplayed at home by Norwich, Aston Villa and West Brom - all teams with vastly inferior personnel resources. A marked intention to eke out victories rather than batter teams where possible.

We correctly take the piss out of Martin O'Neill for playing such dour football, but at least he has an excuse. He has mediocre resources (Cattermole, Bardsley, Colback, McClean and Larsson).

We have Demba Ba, Hatem Ben Arfa, Papiss Cisse, Fabricio Coloccini, Tim Krul, Yohan Cabaye and Cheick Tiote in our spine.

Maybe we as NUFC fans do over-rate the above selection (our star players, I suppose) but even the most saturnine and level-headed Newcastle fan (or neutral for that matter) will tell you our individuals are far better than what Norwich, Villa etc can currently offer.

I was watching the Everton vs Liverpool match earlier, and was dreading 3pm because I was enjoying watching a football match and I knew that would soon end once I turned over.

I enjoy watching pretty much every team in this league play apart from Sunderland and Stoke - even West Ham somehow entertain me (they don't sit on 1-0 leads when they're in a dominant position for a start). Swansea, Fulham, WBA and Everton put us to shame especially.

Pardew remains, despite his manager of the year award and our fifth place finish, a bit of a joke as a manager. A glorified PR-man and very much part of the Ashley regime. Such a waste of our squad talents, and though some luck has returned today with the three points, would not blame any of our star players to be itching for January.

Bored of the same performances. Bored of being bored on a Sunday. Bored of making the same posts on this forum even.

I've always thought Pardew was an average manager. After almost two seasons, I've re-assessed. He's actually below average on the evidence available.

Outplayed at home by Norwich, Aston Villa and West Brom - all teams with vastly inferior personnel resources. A marked intention to eke out victories rather than batter teams where possible.

We correctly take the piss out of Martin O'Neill for playing such dour football, but at least he has an excuse. He has mediocre resources (Cattermole, Bardsley, Colback, McClean and Larsson).

We have Demba Ba, Hatem Ben Arfa, Papiss Cisse, Fabricio Coloccini, Tim Krul, Yohan Cabaye and Cheick Tiote in our spine.

Maybe we as NUFC fans do over-rate the above selection (our star players, I suppose) but even the most saturnine and level-headed Newcastle fan (or neutral for that matter) will tell you our individuals are far better than what Norwich, Villa etc can currently offer.

I was watching the Everton vs Liverpool match earlier, and was dreading 3pm because I was enjoying watching a football match and I knew that would soon end once I turned over.

I enjoy watching pretty much every team in this league play apart from Sunderland and Stoke - even West Ham somehow entertain me (they don't sit on 1-0 leads when they're in a dominant position for a start). Swansea, Fulham, WBA and Everton put us to shame especially.

Pardew remains, despite his manager of the year award and our fifth place finish, a bit of a joke as a manager. A glorified PR-man and very much part of the Ashley regime. Such a waste of our squad talents, and though some luck has returned today with the three points, would not blame any of our star players to be itching for January.

:slowclap: :slowclap: :slowclap: :slowclap: :slowclap: :slowclap:

How the f*** did he bench Cisse today? I don't care how bad he plays, the guy is a great goalscorer and Shola should be nowhere near starting...

My thoughts exactly.

Harsh given that Shola had an assist.

Cisse was completely invisible before having the goal ricochet in off his arse. I'm not saying that Ameobi is a better player or anything but if you asked me who contributed more to today's game I think it's pretty obvious.

Guest Dontooner

Wow more of the same Pardew, can't wait to see more of the fluid football we play under you especially at home.

Individual Brilliance is the name of our game, Krul saves and Cisse and Ba Individual goals...

Even West Brom had a game plan and passed the ball with triangles ... Its not like they have better players than us. Which means they have a better passing system?(coach)?

:thup: Great post.

What concerns me the most is when those fantastic individuals inevitably decide they're fed up with it.

I am glad we won and especially in such comedic style, but the performance before was tragic.

We have no cohesion as a unit and there is next to no movement. Players seem to be instructed not to roam much or look for the ball in the fear of being dragged out of position. We seemed to have no plan at all in the second half and we really should have been looking at a defeat accompanying that performance. We need an improvement and some balance very soon, for the most part that was genuinely offensive viewing.

Top post fella.

Has the same feeling about turning off the scouse derby. :sad: