Alan Pardew

Dave

From the outside it's understandable that people think calling for his sacking is crazy. In normal circumstances everyone would leap to the defence of a manager who was sacked for one bad season after one exceptional one. We would probably be doing the same if another club was in question.

That doesn't mean people calling for his head are necessarily wrong, but I can see what it would look like.

Take for instance the lack of passion or work-rate during the Sunderland defeat. Think Pardew didn't notice that? He adjusted training last week to include some tough running drills for two days to sharpen up what was required. It worked for the first half against West Brom, at least.

Take for instance the criticism over tactical and selection mistakes. Pardew does evaluate his decisions. United players have inside info from Sunderland that Paolo Di Canio deliberately targeted their left side. The Mackems believed three quarters of the goals United concede come from this side, and exploited it.

Should Pardew have played Jonas Gutierrez at left back? In hindsight no, Massadio Haidara should have played, like he did against Benfica.

So this is Bird's supporting argument for pardew? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: gutted myself at that, what a fool

Take for instance the lack of passion or work-rate during the Sunderland defeat. Think Pardew didn't notice that? He adjusted training last week to include some tough running drills for two days to sharpen up what was required. It worked for the first half against West Brom, at least.

Take for instance the criticism over tactical and selection mistakes. Pardew does evaluate his decisions. United players have inside info from Sunderland that Paolo Di Canio deliberately targeted their left side. The Mackems believed three quarters of the goals United concede come from this side, and exploited it.

Should Pardew have played Jonas Gutierrez at left back? In hindsight no, Massadio Haidara should have played, like he did against Benfica.

As I've been saying for weeks, it's possible to admit Pardew has made errors and still want him to be given a chance. It's really not that hard to grasp.

From the outside it's understandable that people think calling for his sacking is crazy. In normal circumstances everyone would leap to the defence of a manager who was sacked for one bad season after one exceptional one. We would probably be doing the same if another club was in question.

That doesn't mean people calling for his head are necessarily wrong, but I can see what it would look like.

Ever the diplomat :)

Whey it's true isn't it? Generally we would be slating Liverpool or Sunderland fans if they were after sacking a manager in this manner.

:lol: :lol: :lol: gutted myself at that, what a fool

:lol: :lol: First half

From the outside it's understandable that people think calling for his sacking is crazy.

Even crazier when these people can list a number of reasons he should be sacked in their own article that's supposed to be a defence of him. At least I assume Simon Bird was trying to defend him - It could just be a parody.

From the outside it's understandable that people think calling for his sacking is crazy.

Even crazier when these people can list a number of reasons he should be sacked in their own article that's supposed to be a defence of him. At least I assume Simon Bird was trying to defend him - It could just be a parody.

The world isn't Pardew defenders and Pardew haters FFS, he is pointing out things he has done wrong. Admitting he has done things wrong is part of a reasonable assessment of the situation, he obviously has.

Whey it's true isn't it? Generally we would be slating Liverpool or Sunderland fans if they were after sacking a manager in this manner.

Most of us were sick when Sunderland sacked MON and the bloke was having a better season than Pardew.

We'd think Liverpool were foolish for sacking a bloke who nearly/might still get them relegated?

You're a fucking maniac. :lol:

Btw sunderland did it three weeks ago and my first reaction was "oh shit we're in trouble now"

We (and Bird) know about Pardew from the inside though. A sligthly random observation, Ian.

Most of us were sick when Sunderland sacked MON and the bloke was having a better season than Pardew.

Fair point, in that individual case. On the other hand, O'Neill hadn't been manager of the year the previous season and finished 5th.

Guest Spark

Can't really agree with that. We're in danger of going down with four games of the season to go. Bird's defence of Pardew is so weak it's laughable.

We (and Bird) know about Pardew from the inside though. A sligthly random observation, Ian.

It's not really random, the point is that sometimes fans can be too passionate about their own club and react extremely to things. Anyway, it's kind of irrelevant to whether you think he should or shouldn't be sacked I suppose.

The world isn't Pardew defenders and Pardew haters FFS, he is pointing out things he has done wrong. Admitting he has done things wrong is part of a reasonable assessment of the situation, he obviously has.

Jesus :lol: He does nothing but list things Pardew has done wrong and even makes our coaching staff out to be a bit thick with the set piece analysis.

Can't really agree with that. We're in danger of going down with four games of the season to go. Bird's defence of Pardew is so weak it's laughable.

Aye, obviously if last season hadn't happened there would be very little to stop Pardew getting sacked. I would never argue with that.

As for Bird's article, he doesn't mount a 'defence', I don't know why people are obsessed with that term. He's just saying that he doesn't think, on balance, that it would be right to sack Pardew now.

Fair point, in that individual case. On the other hand, O'Neill hadn't been manager of the year the previous season and finished 5th.

He also had a vastly inferior squad though. Pardew finished 5th with what was pretty much the 7th best squad in the league, Chelsea and Liverpool arguably the only squads that were better than ours but of course those poor sods had those nasty European competitions to worry about as well.

Eh? That part was him trying to back Pardew. That it came across as criticism just emphasises how bad he is - the best thing anyone can say about him is that he attempted to correct some of his own horrendous errors.

Eh? That part was him trying to back Pardew. That it came across as criticism just emphasises how bad he is - the best thing anyone can say about him is that he attempted to correct some of his own horrendous errors.

:lol: aye.

He finished 5th last year too, mind.

He also had a vastly inferior squad though. Pardew finished 5th with what was pretty much the 7th best squad in the league, Chelsea and Liverpool arguably the only squads that were better than hours but of course those poor sods had those nasty European competitions to worry about as well.

OK, but the point is that Pardew had demonstrated something in getting the team to finish 5th. Whether it was a top 7 squad or a top 10 squad or a top 6 squad I've no idea really.

It's not really random, the point is that sometimes fans can be too passionate about their own club and react extremely to things. Anyway, it's kind of irrelevant to whether you think he should or shouldn't be sacked I suppose.

I'd tend to lay more trust in a fan who knows what's actually going on, rather than a random bloke who just knows our positions in the table these last seasons.

Aye, obviously if last season hadn't happened there would be very little to stop Pardew getting sacked. I would never argue with that.

As for Bird's article, he doesn't mount a 'defence', I don't know why people are obsessed with that term. He's just saying that he doesn't think, on balance, that it would be right to sack Pardew now.

Knee jerks: Why Newcastle fans are so wrong to call for Alan Pardew's head

Um, seems like a fairly strong standpoint of defence to me. Its not at all balanced as he's belittled anyone who wants him sacked in the opening line FFS

Righto, we've kind of gone down an irrelevant track now. He's saying he doesn't believe Pardew should be sacked right now, therefore the fans must be wrong (in his opinion). As I said I dislike the term 'defence' as that seems to imply some sort of vested interest or cause to get behind. It's just his opinion at the moment that calling for his sacking is wrong.

He also had a vastly inferior squad though. Pardew finished 5th with what was pretty much the 7th best squad in the league, Chelsea and Liverpool arguably the only squads that were better than hours but of course those poor sods had those nasty European competitions to worry about as well.

OK, but the point is that Pardew had demonstrated something in getting the team to finish 5th. Whether it was a top 7 squad or a top 10 squad or a top 6 squad I've no idea really.

I just assumed that the people on the outside that you were talking about were competent enough to look at things with basic logic, and not just "manager finish 5th, manger must never get sack".

I'd tend to lay more trust in a fan who knows what's actually going on, rather than a random bloke who just knows our positions in the table these last seasons.

Maybe you're right, all I would say is that we get caught up in the emotion and the shorter-term than outside observers.

Case in point, this forum degenerating so badly after the derby game. It's not right or wrong necessarily, I just wanted to discuss how it can look to outsiders.