Alan Pardew

Dave

Ian W, bless you, I love the way you try to put your pro Pardew view across while trying your hardest to make it look like you are sitting on the fence about it.  You have your views and that is fine with me, I just like the way you try to brush it off as you are not bothered either way while trying to defend him.

I am pro-Pardew in that I think he has some good attributes and my opinion right now is that I wouldn't sack him for that reason and others not to do with him personally.

That's not sitting on the fence, that's a position that it takes a bit of intelligence to understand.

Better chat today anyway :thup:

How utterly condescending, nice one.

You go on like that and then you have the gall to moan and say the place has degenerated when people say "I told you so" after a fucking hammering off the mackems.

Well how long should I explain and re-explain the same position?

Obviously some people are ignoring it on purpose, which is fair enough I suppose.

Why don't you tell us what his good attributes are? You're happy to pour consistent scorn on the opinions of others yet I've never heard you explain exactly what it is about "Pards" that you like so much. I've had my say on tactics, coaching, fitness, the utter shit he talks 100% of the time etc.

The floor is yours. Why, in your opinion, is he the man to get NUFC playing exciting and successful football?

That Simon Bird article is thoroughly depressing. Many will completely buy it too.

The defence? Journalist cliché bingo and plausible deniability.

- "Stability" - as though that ever, in and of itself, helped any club

- "Manager of the year" - a largely meaningless accolade

- "Ruling himself out of the England job 12 months ago" - meaningless attribute for a manager

- Last season - a commendable finish for the club, but not down to Pardew exclusively or even significantly* but most importantly he didn't demonstrate any attributes which will help us progress going forwards - which is the only factor which matters when you're looking at whether to keep him for next season

* - argument done to death/won't revisit!

- The David Moyes example - just plain irrelevant tripe

He has no outstanding managerial attributes, and you'd struggle to argue he has even average attributes in important areas. There is no good reason to keep him or be patient with him based on the evidence available IMO.

You may not have faith in who Ashley would appoint next, but I'd rather gamble on an unknown than slowly circle the drain as we will continue with our known quantity of Pardew. [Could you even imagine what would happen if he we were ever to reach a cup final (our only vaguely realistic hope of winning something)? Could you imagine how conservatively he'd play it? How much he'd concentrate on the opposition in advance of the final? How little he'd give them to worry about us? Cisse would be revising the attacking threat of their centre-backs for four out of the five days leading up to the final :lol:]

He's not even close to being good enough to match the ambitions of the club,... but then again maybe he does meet the ambitions of the decision-makers and certain fans who will endure and pay for anything they are served up.

That was a cracking post btw beren

Ian W, bless you, I love the way you try to put your pro Pardew view across while trying your hardest to make it look like you are sitting on the fence about it.  You have your views and that is fine with me, I just like the way you try to brush it off as you are not bothered either way while trying to defend him.

I am pro-Pardew in that I think he has some good attributes and my opinion right now is that I wouldn't sack him for that reason and others not to do with him personally.

That's not sitting on the fence, that's a position that it takes a bit of intelligence to understand.

You go on like that and then you have the gall to moan and say the place has degenerated when people say "I told you so" after a fucking hammering off the mackems.

Obviously some people are ignoring it on purpose, which is fair enough I suppose.

Why don't you tell us what his good attributes are? You're happy to pour consistent scorn on the opinions of others yet I've never heard you explain exactly what it is about "Pards" that you like so much. I've had my say on tactics, coaching, fitness, the utter shit he talks 100% of the time etc.

The floor is yours. Why, in your opinion, is he the man to get NUFC playing exciting and successful football?

I don't pour scorn on anyone's opinions, in fact that's exactly what I try not to do. It just gets tiring trying to explain the same position again and again and dispel myths about my views all the time. Sometimes I get dragged into the wrong sort of debate I suppose.

I'm not sure it's worth me listing any positive points, but they include stuff like being able to work with the board, being liked by the players, having achieved a decent amount last season, being generally a professional figurehead for the club (less so when under pressure I admit). Also a lack of desire to get back on the managerial merry-go-round.

But we have discussed those to death already and I know you'll just laugh at them.

I don't necessarily think he will get us playing exciting football, I don't think I've ever argued that. But he might get us playing football that is generally solid but produces enough exciting moments to make a good season.

Anyway, in general I think you're a really sound poster but I wish we could have a normal chat without it getting antsy.

N-O rocks. Where else do posters get to have their own personal nemesis'?

:lol: Tbh i don't understand why some are taking things so personally but hey ho  :laugh:

Me neither.

Nobody likes an optimist, Ian :lol:

He's still going to be here next season, isn't he?

:undecided:

Probably aye, hopefully that means we've stayed up.

The only reason i'd definitely keep him is if we went down! Don't think we could do much better tbh.

I'm not sure it's worth me listing any positive points, but they include stuff like being able to work with the board, being liked by the players, having achieved a decent amount last season, being generally a professional figurehead for the club (less so when under pressure I admit).

Pretty much any manager in the entire football league is capable of those things.

I'm not sure it's worth me listing any positive points, but they include stuff like being able to work with the board, being liked by the players, having achieved a decent amount last season, being generally a professional figurehead for the club (less so when under pressure I admit).

Pretty much any manager in the entire football league is capable of those things.

In theory they should be, but in practice definitely not the case.

Do you not think that Newcastle United should be aiming higher than just those fairly basic functions though?

Guest Dontooner

You go on like that and then you have the gall to moan and say the place has degenerated when people say "I told you so" after a f***ing hammering off the mackems.

Why don't you tell us what his good attributes are? You're happy to pour consistent scorn on the opinions of others yet I've never heard you explain exactly what it is about "Pards" that you like so much. I've had my say on tactics, coaching, fitness, the utter s*** he talks 100% of the time etc.

I don't pour scorn on anyone's opinions, in fact that's exactly what I try not to do. It just gets tiring trying to explain the same position again and again and dispel myths about my views all the time. Sometimes I get dragged into the wrong sort of debate I suppose.

I'm not sure it's worth me listing any positive points, but they include stuff like being able to work with the board, being liked by the players, having achieved a decent amount last season, being generally a professional figurehead for the club (less so when under pressure I admit). Also a lack of desire to get back on the managerial merry-go-round.

But we have discussed those to death already and I know you'll just laugh at them.

I don't necessarily think he will get us playing exciting football, I don't think I've ever argued that. But he might get us playing football that is generally solid but produces enough exciting moments to make a good season.

Anyway, in general I think you're a really sound poster but I wish we could have a normal chat without it getting antsy.

I find you a hypocrite tbh always paddling things so you get the best of both worlds.

just my honest opinion.

Do you not think that Newcastle United should be aiming higher than just those fairly basic functions though?

Sure, but we have a fairly long list of managers who haven't managed even that, especially recently.

I don't think Pardew is an incredible manager, but now he is here I wouldn't sack him at this point.

When the argument is "would you sack Pardew if a much better alternative was ready to come in?" then it's impossible for anyone to argue against.

You go on like that and then you have the gall to moan and say the place has degenerated when people say "I told you so" after a f***ing hammering off the mackems.

Why don't you tell us what his good attributes are? You're happy to pour consistent scorn on the opinions of others yet I've never heard you explain exactly what it is about "Pards" that you like so much. I've had my say on tactics, coaching, fitness, the utter s*** he talks 100% of the time etc.

I find you a hypocrite tbh always paddling things so you get the best of both worlds.

just my honest opinion.

:lol:

Well that was unnecessary.

It's not a question of laughing at them, they're simply not things I care about in a football manager. I don't care about a figurehead, or that the players like him, and I certainly could not care less about either a managerial merry-go-round or what he did last season - Spurs finished in a Champions League spot (:lol:) but knew that Redknapp couldn't take them any further - you would have thought they were mental to do that if you didn't dislike Redknapp. I would have been over the moon for us to have done the same last summer, absolutely jumping for joy, to try and improve from a winning position instead of what we always do, trying to salvage something from a losing one.

I want a manager who attacks teams, who thinks that the way to win games is to score more than the other team, but also has the tactical nous to do something different when he has to, who can mix the play up to avoid predictability and who is extremely positive in attitude. That is not and will never be Pardew.

You're probably right, we're never going to agree on the issue because we're coming from completely different starting positions. I've said this before because people say I'm "negative" when in truth I'm one of the most positive people on here because I think the ultimate aim should be to win the title while it's actually those who claim to be optimists that will generally be pleased as punch to finish 8th. A decent season where we play solid uninspiring football but with some exciting moments is simply not what I want from NUFC. Unrealistic? Possibly. Some Spurs fans would probably have said the same ten years ago but they keep edging closer. They'll more than likely never get there but at least they're having a go.

I do agree with Wullie that the ultimate aim has to be to win the title and I believe that it's eminently possible. If we have a manager who doesn't believe that then he shouldn't be here. That's one more thing that I don't like about Pardew: his defeatist attitude and constant reference to how much money other clubs are spending and how we should cower in fear and be oh so honoured if they come for one of our players. Quite frankly we should tell Man Utd to fuck off if they come for Cabaye and tell Cabaye to keep quiet and honour the contract he signed because our aim is to be better than Man Utd, not be content with being their or any other club's feeder club.

From the outside it's understandable that people think calling for his sacking is crazy. In normal circumstances everyone would leap to the defence of a manager who was sacked for one bad season after one exceptional one. We would probably be doing the same if another club was in question.

Not if we did our research we wouldn't.

I do agree with Wullie that the ultimate aim has to be to win the title and I believe that it's eminently possible. If we have a manager who doesn't believe that then he shouldn't be here. That's one more thing that I don't like about Pardew: his defeatist attitude and constant reference to how much money other clubs are spending and how we should cower in fear and be oh so honoured if they come for one of our players. Quite frankly we should tell Man Utd to f*** off if they come for Cabaye and tell Cabaye to keep quiet and honour the contract he signed because our aim is to be better than Man Utd, not be content with being their or any other club's feeder club.

Without about 5 times the cash:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

just a thought, but maybe we need a seperate pro Pardew thread, so anyone who wants talk about his merits can do so without a tirade of abuse from the haters  less than happy members.

Guest Howaythetoon

All piss taking, debating and arguments aside, fair play to Ian W  :thup:

I can't ever remember him resorting to childish crap or insults and he at least tries to put over a good perspective on things he obviously believes in or sees/feels is right.

I'd far rather debate with the likes of him then some WUM or clueless fuckwit.

Even though he's clearly wrong and fucked up in the head  :p  ;)