Atromitos vs NUFC [ELQ] - 23/08/12 at 6pm [BST]- Live on Premier Sports (PPV)

Beren

i want krul starting

Same. I'm all for resting some of the outfield players but Krul should play.

Aye its not like Harper need any match practice in case Krul gets a red card or injury this season.

I don't think other clubs really do rotate their goalkeepers a lot during European games, do they?

Man Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal/Man City have all given their sub keepers various games during last season for a start(Man Utd not so much through choice but played Amos in some games too)

Harper isnt going to get much sharpness playing in the reserves which are usually relaxed kickabouts compared to real games.

If harper need to play, then he should play at 2nd leg after good result in 1st leg.

and make Krul play 2 games in 48 hours, during which time he has to fly to london from Athens?

He's a gk ffs, how many runs he has to make.

A good 2 days rest will bring back his fitness, etc.

Despite I've said that I think Krul should play (I still think he should) that argument is quite stupid to bring up tbh.

Of course he doesn't have to make as many runs as the outfield players, but he needs to keep his concentration levels at the very highest for 90 minutes which is demanding.

i want krul starting

Aye its not like Harper need any match practice in case Krul gets a red card or injury this season.

I don't think other clubs really do rotate their goalkeepers a lot during European games, do they?

Man Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal/Man City have all given their sub keepers various games during last season for a start(Man Utd not so much through choice but played Amos in some games too)

Harper isnt going to get much sharpness playing in the reserves which are usually relaxed kickabouts compared to real games.

If harper need to play, then he should play at 2nd leg after good result in 1st leg.

and make Krul play 2 games in 48 hours, during which time he has to fly to london from Athens?

Despite I've said that I think Krul should play (I still think he should) that argument is quite stupid to bring up tbh.

Of course he doesn't have to make as many runs as the outfield players, but he needs to keep his concentration levels at the very highest for 90 minutes which is demanding.

All I'm saying is, it's not uncommon a player (even an outfield player) has to play in space of 2/3 days. In Wc or european cup sometimes they have to play 3 times in about 8 or 9 days cmiiw.

Guest Roger Kint

i want krul starting

All I'm saying is, it's not uncommon a player (even an outfield player) has to play in space of 2/3 days. In Wc or european cup sometimes they have to play 3 times in about 8 or 9 days cmiiw.

How many world cup games involve about 7 hours travelling time?

i want krul starting

Is it really took 7 hours?

Sory my bad, i thought that u can travel in each city in europe at 3 hour max.

But I still think a gk can still play with 1 day rest.

It's not like he has to play in less than a week after chelsea, if everything goes as planned.

Guest Roger Kint

i want krul starting

It's not like he has to play for another week after chelsea.

Unless you think the flight back is direct from his hotel room to the Chelsea dressing room its not just the 4+ hour flight :lol:

Either way he doesnt need to play.

i want krul starting

It's not like he has to play for another week after chelsea.

Unless you think the flight back is direct from his hotel room to the Chelsea dressing room its not just the 4+ hour flight :lol:

Either way he doesnt need to play.

Well it depends whether pardew want to take a risk losing the game or not.

If we loose to chelsea, we still have so many games to recover the point. And it's not like we have a big chance to beat them anyway. even if we have a full strength team.

While with atromitos we only have one chance to recover if we loose tonite.

Guest Roger Kint

Why do you think we cant afford to change keeper yet you havent commented one word on the outfield changes which will affect the game far more?  ???

Why do you think we cant afford to change keeper yet you havent commented one word on the outfield changes which will affect the game far more?  ???

Naah, too many options already discussed here.

And i agree with some of them.

I just think that if there's one position that can be pushed to play in 2 days, it's a gk.

i want krul starting

Incredible that people are writing off this team enough to suggest a vastly weakened outfield yet we must play our best keeper :lol:

It just shows the massive gulf between Krul & the rest of our motley crue of shite keepers. I wouldn't want to drop Krul for this match personally. Not worth the risk. Maybe 2nd leg.

Guest Roger Kint

Yeah, hard to see Krul being anything other than a compete emotional wreck against Chelsea if he has to play tonight as well. :lol:

Nobody is saying that at all. The alternative that some people thing the team will suffer badly without him tonight is even more moronic mind :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

I just think that if there's one position that can be pushed to play in 2 days, it's a gk.

Its not about resting him though, most can see the obvious reason.

Yeah, hard to see Krul being anything other than a compete emotional wreck against Chelsea if he has to play tonight as well. :lol:

Nobody is saying that at all. The alternative that some people thing the team will suffer badly without him tonight is even more moronic mind :lol:

I don't know, he's an absolutely top keeper.

If I believed we had a competent backup then by all means rest Krul. I don't think we do though, and given that it's nowhere near as difficult for a keeper to play two games in 48 hours as it is for an outfield player then I'd start him tbh.

Guest Roger Kint

If I believed we had a competent backup then by all means rest Krul. I don't think we do though, and given that it's nowhere near as difficult for a keeper to play two games in 48 hours as it is for an outfield player then I'd start him tbh.

So you prefer that incompetent backup to have zero match sharpness if something happened to Krul before Chelsea? Really cant understand this attitude by people, GK is the least of our worries tonight and Pardew has picked Harper(apparently) yet fans know better :lol:

Imo Krul shouldn't play tonight. Neither should Jonas.

Don't mind giving Cisse 60 minutes to add to his fitness. Shola is a big big miss tonight, no doubt about that. Hopefully Cisse will do enough in 60/70 mins to then come off and give Campbell his day in the sun.

Amalfitano, Gosling, Marveaux and Bigi should all play. Obertan should still only be "impact sub".

At the back, it should be Tav, Williamson, Perch and Raylor.

And Stelios is your Greek uncle.

Edit: Forgot Cabaye was there. We may need his experience in there. Should be a hot atmosphere.

What obvious reason then?

I thought that the importance of having days off between matches is mostly for a fitness issue.

Regarding the tactic etc, i don't think it takes a lot of time for a gk.

Guest Roger Kint

Imo Krul shouldn't play tonight. Neither should Jonas.

Don't mind giving Cisse 60 minutes to add to his fitness. Shola is a big big miss tonight, no doubt about that. Hopefully Cisse will do enough in 60/70 mins to then come off and give Campbell his day in the sun.

Amalfitano, Gosling, Marveaux and Bigi should all play. Obertan should still only be "impact sub".

At the back, it should be Tav, Williamson, Perch and Raylor.

And Stelios is your Greek uncle.

Edit: Forgot Cabaye was there. We may need his experience in there. Should be a hot atmosphere.

Agree totally. Ideally Cisse wouldnt play either(looks like Jonas & Krul are benched) but hopefully we can get an early advantage and save his legs. Am not sure on Cabaye, one hand he needs minutes but the other i wouldnt risk him.

Guest Roger Kint

I thought that the importance of having days off between matches is mostly for a fitness issue.

Harper needs gametime in case Krul couldnt make a game. Sorry maybe too obvious to give a backup much needed time in a real game.

So you prefer that incompetent backup to have zero match sharpness if something happened to Krul before Chelsea? Really cant understand this attitude by people, GK is the least of our worries tonight and Pardew has picked Harper(apparently) yet fans know better :lol:

I don't believe any amount of match sharpness is going to make Harper any better, if Krul gets injured we're in real trouble regardless of how match fit our keepers are.

I'm confident we'll get the result regardless, but with it being such a big game for us I'd have played a stronger team than the one it looks like we might be sending out there.

I'd prefer to win the game tonight rather than testing out a bag of shite goalkeeper who will be shite no matter how much match fitness he has.

Harper needs gametime in case Krul couldnt make a game. Sorry maybe too obvious to give a backup much needed time in a real game.

Yup. Plus, if it's any area where we need experience tonight, it's at the back. Harper has plenty of it, and imo should captain the side. 3 out of 4 of our defenders will have a bit of experience as well. Not so much a concern in midfield (lack of experience), as this isn't the PL. No disrespect to Atrmoitos intended.

I don't believe any amount of match sharpness is going to make Harper any better, if Krul gets injured we're in real trouble regardless of how match fit our keepers are.

I'm confident we'll get the result regardless, but with it being such a big game for us I'd have played a stronger team than the one it looks like we might be sending out there.

IMO we'll be close to full strength in the return leg, where it's more important to keep a clean sheet. And so we should be.

We can go on all night and still doesn't have a conclusion here. :D

Off to bed now, the game will be at 1 am in my local time :(

Lucky for me my lass has just got back after over time, so i can wake up tonite with full strength :D