Atromitos vs NUFC [ELQ] - 23/08/12 at 6pm [BST]- Live on Premier Sports (PPV)

Beren

Guest Roger Kint

i want krul starting

Same. I'm all for resting some of the outfield players but Krul should play.

Aye its not like Harper need any match practice in case Krul gets a red card or injury this season.

i want krul starting

Aye its not like Harper need any match practice in case Krul gets a red card or injury this season.

Thats what the reserves are for, thats if he can be arsed and his son isnt playing football that day ;)

Praying he starts Cisse.

Also praying I'm able to watch the game.

Why you praying for that?

I'd be happy not see Cisse feature at all if all is going smoothly.

I really think we're underestimating them. Gosling and Obertan upfront people are mentioning?!

I hope we see a couple of first teamers in at the very least.

Exactly. You still have to win the game. I would not like to see us come back to Newcastle behind on aggregate, and suddenly there is massive pressure in front of the home fans...

Let's get into the group stage at least before we start fucking around.

i want krul starting

I don't think other clubs really do rotate their goalkeepers a lot during European games, do they?

Guest Roger Kint

i want krul starting

I don't think other clubs really do rotate their goalkeepers a lot during European games, do they?

Man Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal/Man City have all given their sub keepers various games during last season for a start(Man Utd not so much through choice but played Amos in some games too)

Harper isnt going to get much sharpness playing in the reserves which are usually relaxed kickabouts compared to real games.

i want krul starting

Man Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal/Man City have all given their sub keepers various games during last season for a start(Man Utd not so much through choice but played Amos in some games too)

Harper isnt going to get much sharpness playing in the reserves which are usually relaxed kickabouts compared to real games.

If harper need to play, then he should play at 2nd leg after good result in 1st leg.

Guest Roger Kint

i want krul starting

If harper need to play, then he should play at 2nd leg after good result in 1st leg.

Incredible that people are writing off this team enough to suggest a vastly weakened outfield yet we must play our best keeper :lol:

i want krul starting

Would probably be more sensible. Don't think we should mess around too much with the team selection.

i want krul starting

and make Krul play 2 games in 48 hours, during which time he has to fly to london from Athens?

i want krul starting

and make Krul play 2 games in 48 hours, during which time he has to fly to london from Athens?

He just has to fucking stand there for most of the game, think he'll not be too fatigued. :lol:

-----------------Harper--------------------

Taylor----Willo----Perch------Santon

---Vernon-----Bigi-------Amalfitano

Obertan-----Cisse---------Marveaux

Obertan and Marveux will help out the defence a lot. I think that offensively we might crush this lot if it clicks... I would think that Pards may play cabaye or Jonas first half just to give some stability and leadership in the middle, although vernon shouldn't be awed at all and Bigi has had a whole season in the championship...

i want krul starting

He's a gk ffs, how many runs he has to make.

A good 2 days rest will bring back his fitness, etc.

Guest Roger Kint

i want krul starting

He isnt getting a good 2 days rest.

i want krul starting

He isnt getting a good 2 days rest.

Ok then,

A good almost 2 days rest will bring back his fitness, etc. :D

Look at me, look at me, I can use copy paste on my Iphone. :p

i want krul starting

he still has to prepare for a game like everybody else, study the opposition, the way they play, the dangers he'll face, practice set peices etc. hardly easy when the only day inbetween games he'll be flying across europe.

Can't wait for this game tonight. It's great to be back in Europe.

Famous European Night :laugh: :lol:

No, I am looking forward to it though. Shame it's such an early kick-off - going to have to leg it home from work!