Chelsea vs Newcastle United - 25/08/12 @ 5:30 (Live on ESPN)

Beren

if they still force themselves to use lampard we got chance to win it. Whenever lampard on the pitch he makes hazard & mata going deep to pick the ball. lampard is very undisciplined to defend & keep static that always make mikel do the hard job.

Cant see us winning this like last season, never easy going to Stamford Bridge, and wouldnt be surprised at a big loss but still expect a draw. 1-1 with us scoring from the spot and them equalizing late on.

Hazard vs Simpson :scared:

None of our fullbacks are great defender tbh. Santon is pretty average defensively, his strengths lies within his ability to get forward. So basically Mata, Sturridge, Hazard and Oscar against our fullbacks will be crazy. Only way we win this game is if our central part of the team has a good game, because their flanks is stronger than ours.

With a 4-3-3 the wingers can drop down so it gets a 4-5-1. I think that is how we should play. We need protection in the center, otherwise we will get out run in the middle. We saw it against Spurs and Chelsea will be tougher.

4-5-1 with Jonas in the middle with Tioté and Cabaye, and Ben Arfa and... God no. I cant come up with another name here :lol: :sad:

Guest Roger Kint

Think I would go with Marv after all. He is the best ball player of the lot.

No chance of that happening after last night

Ture. But who should play ??? Ba at the wing... :frantic:

Because I can only see us struggling in a 4-4-2 (will probably be that formation though).

Guest Roger Kint

Ture. But who should play ??? Ba at the wing... :frantic:

Because I can only see us struggling in a 4-4-2 (will probably be that formation though).

We beat Chelsea and Spurs with 4-4-2 in our last 4 league games havent we? Sick of the whinging over the formation when its not as though its a rigid one, Jonas drops in to the middle and Ba/Cisse out wide a lot defensively anyway to a similar effect to what you want.

Guest Roger Kint

Adam Campbell ‏@adamcampbell_

Bye bye Athens..hello London !

In squad again?

Assuming they flew straight there?

Guest Roger Kint

Adam Campbell ‏@adamcampbell_

Bye bye Athens..hello London !

In squad again?

Assuming they flew straight there?

Aye probably. If Shola's out he might be there to fill out though.

Good point, forgot about his injury

With a 4-3-3 the wingers can drop down so it gets a 4-5-1. I think that is how we should play. We need protection in the center, otherwise we will get out run in the middle. We saw it against Spurs and Chelsea will be tougher.

4-5-1 with Jonas in the middle with Tioté and Cabaye, and Ben Arfa and... God no. I cant come up with another name here :lol: :sad:

We play 4-4-2 because it's easier to double up on wide players. I agree about getting overrun but we were in most games last year, Pardew has confidence in the fitness and athleticism of Cabaye and Tiote to make up for the numerical disadvantage.