Chelsea vs Newcastle United - 25/08/12 @ 5:30 (Live on ESPN)

Beren

Honestly not looking forward to this, wrong time to play them.

How's that? They haven't looked anything special and have just had a midweek game where all of the first team played.

Aye, we're not looking great, they're not looking great. Perfect game to try and grind something out of. I'm thinking a draw, hopefully Cabaye puts in a performance

Honestly not looking forward to this, wrong time to play them.

How's that? They haven't looked anything special and have just had a midweek game where all of the first team played.

I'm not confident about this game either. I think at home and with the quality they have going forward they have the potential to score more than once and I can't see us getting anything out of it if we have to chase the game. I hope I'm wrong but can't see beyond a home win.

I still have Mata, Hazard & Torres in my fantasy team for a reason. Think this will be ugly to watch.

Probably because if you make more than 1 transfer your be deducted points :lol:

Torres? the only goal he's scored in last few months was offside, Mata played against us in the 2-0 and we shut him down then.

Hazard has come against relegation teams so far, lets see what he does against a much better team.

I'm starting to think people enjoy being negative.

Three games in seven days for Chelsea's first team, plus we've got a pretty good recent record at Stamford Bridge.  They're looking good going forward, but so far they've faced Wigan and Reading so its hardly enough to judge them on.  Obviously its going to be a very difficult game, but I don't think there's any reason to shit ourselves over it :lol:

Just reading the preview for this game and noticed Phil Dowd is the ref tomorrow.

Would I be right in thinking he's been a bit of a lucky charm for us recently? The 2 obvious games that he reffed us that spring to mind were the 5-1 Demolition Derby and the 4-4 with Arsenal when he gave us 3 penalties in those 2 games and i'm sure he was the ref when we beat Norwich at home last season as well.

The circumstances between our game last season and this were somewhat different. A stellar performance from us but a Chelsea side who's minds were already in the nou camp. Plus, the improvement to Chelsea's squad is considerably greater than to our own.

I don't think I'm being overly negative, but after one fantastic season I think we still need to keep our feet on the ground. I'm confident we'll make a game of it, which is more than can be said for earlier years. I hope I'm wrong and we knick it though...

Aye, but he gave the softest penalty I have ever seen given against us when we won 4-3 at Stamford Bridge in the League Cup.

I Remember that. He certainly isn't afraid to give a penalty (he awarded 2 to West Brom last week) which mean that should Coloccini not make it then it's vital that Perch keeps his place alongside Taylor because Williamson will be nailed on to give one away tomorrow.