Chelsea 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 25/08/12 - post-fart reaction from page 35

Dave

We've looked seriously off the pace so far this season, I can never understand why managers don't make sure that the team starts the season fully fit, you can pick up loads of points at the start of the season simply by being fitter than the other teams. We need to get some pace into what we do, at the moment all we do is play it around at the back then hit it long down the middle. Last season we played some really nice football, quick passes and plenty of movement, this season we've done the exact opposite. It's like we're still asleep, we need to wake up and quickly.

For Everton i'd go with this unless we somehow spend some fucking money for once.

Krul

Simpson  Taylor  Colo    Santon

Tiote

Cabaye      Anita          Marv

Ben Arfa

Ba

Cisse as sub later on

They have spent shit loads of money this summer, and they will be challenging for the title. We didn't play badly, but they were just the better team over 90 minutes. No need to panic, we are two games into the season ffs

They're European Champions ffs. :lol:

You'd think we'd just been knocked out the cup by Burton Albion.

Not really the point, though. We were on par with them last season, beat them at the Bridge.

Today was just not a good performance from us.

I'm not one of those to have a go at Pardew for team selection, or at any particular player. I'm just saying that we can do better than today.

European champions or not, we let them have an easy ride today. Some of our boys look nowhere near sharp enough for the start of the season. Whether that's down to management I'm not sure, but it's mighty shite to watch us labour through the past 2/3 games.

Really can't see how we played well. Completely bereft of creativity for the whole game.

It's not a shameful result by any means, but it's a genuine concern that we look unfit. What's also a concern is maintaining the 4-4-2 just cos Ba wants to play centrally. Hope we line up differently against Villa.

Guest neesy111

We'd beat them 2-0 17 days before that.

I'm not particularly worried. We looked better today than last Saturday and we've just had 3 games in a week. Ba took time last year to get going so I'm going to give him and Cisse the benefit of the doubt. Chelsea are European champions and have strengthened since they won that thanks to unlimited money (obviously FFP was adhered to).

Fucking relax guys. Need to get one or two more players in before Friday night though.

*insert complaint about 442 because everyone else is doing it*

I'm more pissed off with the long term implications of playing like this than i am losing the game.

It's not losing the game that annoys me, it's a difficult game which any team will find it difficult to take points from but the obvious problems tactically is what annoys me.

As it's restricting the potential of the squad and how far we can go with it.

Guest Open_C

I'm not particularly worried. We looked better today than last Saturday and we've just had 3 games in a week. Ba took time last year to get going so I'm going to give him and Cisse the benefit of the doubt. Chelsea are European champions and have strengthened since they won that thanks to unlimited money (obviously FFP was adhered to).

Fucking relax guys. Need to get one or two more players in before Friday night though.

*insert complaint about 442 because everyone else is doing it*

:thup:

Not a great performance but we have been beaten by the European Champions who coincidently have just spent 80 million quid. No shame really and who would have argued with 3 points from our first two games.

While I thought we were poor and I'm a bit frustrated with 4-4-2, pretty much this.

I'd be interested to see HBA's stats, I missed the first 20 minutes but I saw him give the ball away twice in the rest of the game. And I swear he gave someone a thumbs up while he was dribbling on 77 mins.

Let's not panic. Chelsea will be top three this season. Would much sooner lose to them than Spurs or Villa. That's one of the trickiest fixtures out of the season over with early doors.

We'll click in the coming weeks and the Ramadan lads will get their strength back up.

Let's nit get carried away. Think anyone would have took 3 points from our first two games of the season. I don't think today's match makes us out to be any better or worse than we thought we were. Lets refrain from any knee jerk stuff.

I'm more pissed off with the long term implications of playing like this than i am losing the game.

It's not losing the game that annoys me, it's a difficult game which any team will find it difficult to take points from but the obvious problems tactically is what annoys me.

Spot on. Early days but it's not an overreaction to be concerned.

You could've copied and pasted that last sentence from February.

Guest exilim

this game proved the defensive importance of Tiote. are we sure he's carrying a slight injury? or not included so he won't be injured and sold for 20million pounds before Aug 31?

Guest Howaythetoon

4-4-2 is restricting our better players, namely Cisse, Cabaye and Ben Arfa. We need to play 4-3-3 from the off as it showed sceond-half, those players in particular were getting far more involved, as was Jonas and Santon. Chelsea sat back of course but we just look so much better in a 4-3-3 or when Ben Arfa roams.

As for the result and performance this is disappointing but more worryingly for me is our fitness, immobility and the partnership of lack of between Cisse and Ba.

Chelsea are a very good side and in form but so are we. They bossed the first-half and were extremely comfortable the second-half despite us having more of the ball.

We are not looking too good at the minute but this is only the second game of the league campaign and lets remember, Chelsea are Euopean Champions, at home, in good form and have spent heavily once more with Hazard looking an amazing talent. Plus Torres looks not exactly back to his best but up for it and posed a huge threat.

I'm slightly worried but not overly concerned. Not yet anyway.

We need to get up to speed quickly though as we look really sluggish.

Guest hobshobs

I'm more p*ssed off with the long term implications of playing like this than i am losing the game.

Absolutely spot on. Cisse, Ba, Ben Arfa are looking average because he has them reigned in with these p*ss poor tactics. I'm actually wishing the final whistle will blow and not because we might lose another goal but simply because it makes for abysmal viewing. Glad I didn't lay out close to a couple of hundred quid to make the trip.

Let's not panic. Chelsea will be top three this season. Would much sooner lose to them than Spurs or Villa. That's one of the trickiest fixtures out of the season over with early doors.

We'll click in the coming weeks and the Ramadan lads will get their strength back up.

Let's nit get carried away. Think anyone would have took 3 points from our first two games of the season. I don't think today's match makes us out to be any better or worse than we thought we were. Lets refrain from any knee jerk stuff.

Agree with this. And Ba looking sharper now than he did this time last season. Maybe we'll get a super charged Ba in a few weeks. Hopefully Tiote will be back next Sunday, we miss him breaking up play and upsetting the other teams rhythm.

We weren't great but its not a defeat I will lose any sleep over. Hopefully get through with no major dramas on Thursday, and then Villa on Sunday is very winnable.

This, looking ahead to two very good chances to get back on track.

Just think today Chelsea's cutting edge in attack made the difference for them, we found it hard to create clear chances. The penalty decision was very unfortunate for us at the moment it came in the game, as it put us on the back foot when it was quite an even contest, although I felt we could have pressed them more in the first half. Hard for us to get anything back after that, although we did improve in the second half. Comfortable victory for them overall though, unfortunately.