NUFC v Atromitos - Thursday 30/08/12 @ 8pm - Live on ITV4 (and ITV4+1!)

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Harper

Simpson Perch Willy Taylor

Gosling Bigirimana Anita

Amalfitano Vuckic Marveaux

Krul, Taylor, Santon, Cabaye, Obertan, Cisse, Ba

:p

May I question what the point was of european qualification if the manager isn't arsed about getting past the qualifiers?

May I question what the point was of european qualification if the manager isn't arsed about getting past the qualifiers?

I always wonder this. People seem to go mad about qualifying for Europe, then dismiss it when they get there. Happens all the time, I find it really weird.

Guest neesy111

Keep the fans happy.

So he can qualify again this season and then dismiss it again next season, least the clubs got ambition!

Surely a club competing in European competition is an attractive proposition for signing a player though, if I was a footballer I would want to be tested on every level possible really, international level, european, etc. I wonder if we sold that idea to the likes of Cabaye? What would be the advantage of just playing for a club who's ambition was to not win the league but be around the top of it? (Unless money orientated then..) If it's to play in Europe the club don't seem to give a shit what happens next. Champions league would be different but realistically we would go out in the qualifiers / group stage even then.

I know we get a few million more for finishing higher up the league but wouldn't our profile be raised significantly if we had a decent run in Europe and played some higher profile teams? What about that TV revenue and tickets and such?  :sad:

Guest neesy111

30th August and I'm going to have to take a fucking coat tonight  :lol:

Pity the Greek fans that have came over for the game (if they have brought any).

30th August and I'm going to have to take a fucking coat tonight  :lol:

I think I might have to buy a jumper before the match. I'm sitting in the office with my jacket on shivering already. :lol:

30th August and I'm going to have to take a f***ing coat tonight  :lol:

Pity the Greek fans that have came over for the game (if they have brought any).

nar they'll be areet, theres that Simply Greek place in the Bigg Market.  They'll feel right at home.

There's about 20 of them sat outside Shearer's all wrapped up against the cold laden with club shop bags. I'd imagine they'd go indoors if it wasn't for the tabs they're all smoking.

30th August and I'm going to have to take a f***ing coat tonight  :lol:

nar they'll be areet, theres that Simply Greek place in the Bigg Market.  They'll feel right at home.

There's about 20 of them sat outside Shearer's all wrapped up against the cold laden with club shop bags. I'd imagine they'd go indoors if it wasn't for the tabs they're all smoking.

You buy our gear, we beat your team

[insert meme of mike ashley here]

“If we don’t go through, it’ll be probably me who has to take the responsibility.

“I have to do what I think’s right for the football club, and my main focus is Aston Villa.

“I want six points before that international break, and I think we can get them. My focus is on that.

“But I need to win this game. We want to continue in this competition.”

So now, thanks to this pisstake of a transfer window, we're gonna have this conservative insincere shite before every single European game we have this season. "Yeahhh, we want to win i guess, but i mean, i need to save my best players."

Such a fucking let-down man.

tbf, this is qualification.

As you progress, it becomes more important.

Heh? How can you progress if you don't treat it as important? Like saying relegation is only a problem at the end of the season.