Deadline Day Thread

JH

Guest Roger Kint

Everton is buying Bryan Oviedo from FC Copenhagen. Very decent young attacking left back.

Thank God we dodged another bullet then. Wouldnt want to actually bid on someone who might come here :lol:

I'm starting to feel that we aim for the perfect deal too much. Think we're missing out on some decent buys as we wait for the price to drop, the player to get unsettled and desire a move, the club to be in a position willing to accept bids, etc. I still respect Pards' judgment as it got us to where we are now. However in times like this when you're building to consolidate a thin squad for more games, we'd have to accept a no-frills approach to beef up our ranks imo.

Surely Spurs/Liverpool have to take a punt on Leandro. I would say us but we all know there's f***ing no chance of that happening or punting on anyone to be honest.

They've been pissing us about for two years! We would if we could.

Surely Spurs/Liverpool have to take a punt on Leandro. I would say us but we all know there's f***ing no chance of that happening or punting on anyone to be honest.

Spurs have been trying for about 2 years to get Leandro but Internacional keep moving the goalposts.  So much for the partnership agreement we have with them.  Probably pissed off when we mugged them for Sandro.

Spurs have been trying for about 2 years to get Leandro but Internacional keep moving the goalposts.  So much for the partnership agreement we have with them.  Probably pissed off when we mugged them for Sandra.

Aye,. you don't get tea ladies like her these days.

BBC Monitoring reports: "Dimitar Berbatov will give a news conference in Bulgaria's capital Sofia at 10:00 BST on Monday, the country's sports web portal Gong.bg reports. 'Berbatov and his agent Emil Dantchev are expected to give details about his transfer to Fulham,' the website said, recalling that the two gave a similar press briefing four years ago when the striker joined Man Utd from Spurs."

Why's he in Bulgaria when he's joining Fulham? Seems weird somehow..

Guest Roger Kint

BBC Monitoring reports: "Dimitar Berbatov will give a news conference in Bulgaria's capital Sofia at 10:00 BST on Monday, the country's sports web portal Gong.bg reports. 'Berbatov and his agent Emil Dantchev are expected to give details about his transfer to Fulham,' the website said, recalling that the two gave a similar press briefing four years ago when the striker joined Man Utd from Spurs."

Why's he in Bulgaria when he's joining Fulham? Seems weird somehow..

Doesnt that say he will be in Bulgaria on Monday?

Not sure if posted but...

Pardew eyes defender deal

Taylor facing long lay-off with knee injury

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew says he may enter the transfer market and try to land a defender after Ryan Taylor was injured in the win over Atromitos.

The victory was marred by Taylor's serious looking knee injury early in the game.

Pardew admits if Taylor faces a lengthy lay-off he may be forced into a late move to bring in some defensive cover.

"I fear that the news isn't going to be good on that injury, if I am honest, which is a shame because he is an important player for us. We will have to wait and see," said Pardew.

"The Ryan Taylor injury will make me think about whether we perhaps need another defender. I shall go to see the chairman and have a discussion with him."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/8036023/Pardew-eyes-defender-deal

Luke Edwards on Carroll:

"During my various conversations with people about Andy Carroll's move to West Ham it has been suggested to me that there is a January release clause in the contract the England international has signed with the Hammers. As I understand it any club, not just West Ham, can activate a permanent deal if the asking price is met in the next window. So in theory, Newcastle, if Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse are called up by Senegal for the African Cup of Nations can sign him permanently in the New Year."

"The Ryan Taylor injury will make me think about whether we perhaps need another defender"

we needed 2 defenders before raylor was injured..."I shall go to see the chairman and have a discussion with him" ffs, aye now is the time to open discussions .... with the fucking chairman

so frustrating this window

Luke Edwards on Carroll:

"During my various conversations with people about Andy Carroll's move to West Ham it has been suggested to me that there is a January release clause in the contract the England international has signed with the Hammers. As I understand it any club, not just West Ham, can activate a permanent deal if the asking price is met in the next window. So in theory, Newcastle, if Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse are called up by Senegal for the African Cup of Nations can sign him permanently in the New Year."

A striker we want on one of West Ham's genius clauses...where did I see this before? :shifty:

"The Ryan Taylor injury will make me think about whether we perhaps need another defender"

we needed 2 defenders before raylor was injured..."I shall go to see the chairman and have a discussion with him" ffs, aye now is the time to open discussions .... with the f***ing chairman

so frustrating this window

Do you not think he knows all of what you just said?

He didn't know Ben Arfa should start ahead of Obertan for half of last season tbf :bluestar:

Guest neesy111

Can this club stop it's fascination with bloody Andy Carroll.  Much better options are available, I honestly don't know why were interested in him this transfer window anycase.