Deadline Day Thread

JH

I'm "unavailable" for most of tomorrow so I'm going to miss most of this shite.

O0

At least if there is any bad news it'll be like getting stabbed rather than slowly beaten to death over a couple of hours.

I remember watching the carroll sale minute by minute. Emotions varied.

Liverpool bid 20m  :sad: Rejected  O0 30m  :huff: Rejected  :cheesy:  :love: > ashley. £35m and carroll transfer request  :kasper: :frantic: :frantic:

then £35m?  :sweetjesus: sweet lets go make some signings there is still time.

We make no signing...... :okay:

We'll not even have a fake bid this time.

We're done.

We've spent most of the summer doing the fake bidding tbh.

At least Andy Carroll has been transferred or we'll have just continued stringing that one along.  'Increased bid made by Newcastle' = £12,000,000 & a bag of Space Raiders .  'Another increased bid made by Newcastle' = £12,000,000 & a bag of Monster Munch.  'Further bid made by Newcastle' = £12,000,0000 and a grab bag of Doritos.  etc.

Going to be a frustrating day, this. Clear as day that we have some top players, with a little investment we could go a long way to improving the side.

I'll reserve judgement until 11pm, but from where I'm standing at the moment it again appears as though Ashley's gambling on what we've got, hoping we'll somehow manage to maintain last season's progress, rather than genuinely push us on.

I'm not usually a pessimist but I can't see us going in for anyone today. We've been pretty quiet all summer and don't pay inflated fees so surely that suggests we won't be bringing anyone in on deadline day?

Just hope that we keep the small squad we have together.

Van der Wiel joins PSG, €5m.

Makes you wonder what we have been doing all summer that we still have no right back in. Wonder if the only money we had went on Anita, strange we offered for Carroll and debuchy yet I'm sure Pardew told Ryder that the funds were not there, don't think he will be happy. I will still be happy if we keep everyone n look at youngsters this season, big risk but not as bad as previous years as first 11 is quality

I never saw Carroll to West Ham comming.

On that basis alone & going on recent windows, there really are only a few real players in the last day window game & a plethora of blaggers.

That said,  I predict no one of note....or possible the french lad Debuchy.

( Partridge did hint at cover for RT...although that will almost certainly be in the Shefti Kuchi mold.)

Hold on to your buts?