Nail your colours to the mast - where will we finish?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I just did the BBC predictor and the absolutely ridiculous thing is we could still finish 9th.  :lol: I didn't even put in any ridiculous results (other than us beating Arsenal). Swansea would have to lose its last three, but even if that didn't happen we would finish 10th.

It obviously won't happen as we're not going to beat Arsenal, but what shitty league this is and what a muppet Pardew is for having us at the bottom end of it.

i voted 8th too, as i expected the extra games in europe to affect us a little and therefore pick up slightly less points than last year.

feel sorry for the one guy who voted 3rd, i wonder if they'll admit to it...

Definitely Ian W

i voted 8th too, as i expected the extra games in europe to affect us a little and therefore pick up slightly less points than last year.

Definitely Ian W

I voted 6th.

Fuck you BTW.

Definitely Ian W

I voted 6th.

f*** you BTW.

LOL

• 4 years later...

Based on the genuine belief that we will get at least three to five more signings in, and us having a canny good manager, I went for 15th.

Probably about right with our current squad, although if we get three to five more signings I would be disappointed if we didn't get to around 12th.

Based on the genuine belief that we will get at least three to five more signings in, and us having a canny good manager, I went for 15th.

Not being sarcy, but based on what?

12th. The league's shit outside the top 7. Southampton finished 8th with only 6 more points than Watford in 17th. I have a feeling we can be towards the top of these 13 teams, even without significant investment.

I voted 13th but as it currently stands I think we'll range anywhere from 11th to 14th and that's all based on the point logjam in that part of the table in years past. If Rafa wasn't our manager, I'd say 15th to 17th. Need to sign some fucking players.

Too early for me to commit right now, two big factors play into this, firstly will we bring in the players we so badly need and if that doesn't happen will Rafa leave ?

If we assume we don't bring the players in but Rafa stays, then I honestly think because of the qualities of the man and the general standard at the lower reaches of the PL, we comfortably survive 13th or 14th or thereabouts. Back the man properly and we can easily finish top 10.