Newcastle United 1 - 1 Aston Villa - 02/09/12 - post-match reaction from page 39

Dave

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, start of the second half they upped it for about 10 minutes and we looked equally as terrible during that period.

Guest neesy111

Aye, start of the second half they upped it for about 10 minutes and we looked equally as terrible during that period.

Aye, we looked awful at the start of the 2nd half.

International break much needed. Confident we will turn it around at Goodison. Tiote's iron fist back in the middle of the park and Hatem taking up whatever role he likes for me. Very much liked Anita at RB, and anyway to have him, Tiote, Yo and Jonas on the pitch are crucial.

I think Cisse just needs to hit one and well see him back on form. He was burying his half chances last season, and hopefully we will see that soon.

I think Cisse just needs to hit one and well see him back on form. He was burying his half chances last season, and hopefully we will see that soon.

How many half chances has he had though? like 2 or 3. Cisse isn't the problem, creating chances for him is.

That and it's quite obvious Ba and Cisse don't work as a 2.

Guest neesy111

But actually winning the league game after being behind at the half time,  was I think in 2007-08 season when we beat Reading 3:2 at home after losing 1:2 at half time, with Emre grabbing the winner few mins before the end.

That was 06/07 under Roeder.

I borrow from a phrase used earlier but I think our first five games can be summarised by there being "something not quite right."

Just doesn't seem to be the same vibe as last season, yet.

But actually winning the league game after being behind at the half time,  was I think in 2007-08 season when we beat Reading 3:2 at home after losing 1:2 at half time, with Emre grabbing the winner few mins before the end.

That was 06/07 under Roeder.

If that's right, that's pretty horrific.

I borrow from a phrase used earlier but I think our first five games can be summarised by there being "something not quite right."

Just doesn't seem to be the same vibe as last season, yet.

Has a lot to do with Pardew trying to please our strikers by playing 4-4-2. I can actually see us going on a deep run if we switch to 4-3-3. Actually I believe we have the capability to fight out for a top 4 spot if no one gets injured and we do play with a midfield three and Ba - Cisse - Benny uptop like last season.

Has Pardew already forgotten WBA away? We were fucking amazing then. Ba can still play left. He wont score and he wont like it, but just like at Swansea he and Cisse can swith it up a bit to help out defensively. It is obviously not the optimal, but we wont sell Ba and we wont get a new winger anyways so that the best we have. I also think Marveaux and Amalfitano would thrive in such a formation.

Problem this season is definitely 4-4-2 and no Tiote in the team. I mean Cabaye and Anita reminds me of when Guthrie and Barton played couple seasons back in the midfield. One overrunning the other and no one covering each other.

Under Robson we were awesome.

Edited..

For three seasons we were great but I remember we had an awful second season under him.  Tho he was managing and trying to deal with the left overs from Dogshyte and Ruud boy.

Guest neesy111

Under Robson we were awesome at set-pieces.

Makes a difference when you have Gary Speed and Shearer attacking them with the delivery of Solano and Robert.

Thinking of that again.

:megusta: