Everton vs Newcastle United - 17/09/12 @ 8pm (Live on Sky)

Beren

About the diamond system, i would like to seen it given a go over a period of time and not just used in passing when we need a result.

About the concerned lack of width, you could always get Ba and Ben Arfa peel off into wide positions and the fullbacks to push on ( in this case Anita and Santon) to provide extra width.

Wouldn't consider it a major issue if those things happened, plus it would be easier for us to control games, HBA as a central part of it all and Cisse and Ba are in the centre where Pardew wants them.

Surely everybody wins?

About the diamond system, i would like to seen it given a go over a period of time and not just used in passing when we need a result.

That's the thing like, we need to stop being so cautious and actually try out a system for an extended period of time that can get the best out of our flair players, not just in fits and starts. We may benefit in the long run.

The rigid 4-4-2 would have won us more points than it lost last season due to the first 11 games or so, and there's still a time to use it certainly, but we'll not get the best out of our offensive players in the majority of games when we do.

How many times have we failed to reverse a losing score line into a win under Pardew? Does anyone know? Just curious. [Thanks in advance].

Don't have the stats to hand but under Pards we've not come from behind to win once in the Premier League. Generally if we go behind, we more often than not lose the game.

Guest SuperShola!

Krul

Santon Tayls Perchinho Ferguson

Gutierrez Tiote Cabaye

Hatem Cisse Ba

If think Pards is too scared to play 4-3-3 without Tiote, maybe because he doesn't trust Anita enough. Maybe I'm talking shite. Anyhow, think we should swap Santon over to right (iirc he can play right back) and give young Fergie a chance. Let Perch (If colo is deffo out) have some time in CB instead of Williamson.

Krul

Gutierrez Tiote Cabaye

Hatem Cisse Ba

If think Pards is too scared to play 4-3-3 without Tiote, maybe because he doesn't trust Anita enough. Maybe I'm talking s****. Anyhow, think we should swap Santon over to right (iirc he can play right back) and give young Fergie a chance. Let Perch (If colo is deffo out) have some time in CB instead of Williamson.

I would imagine it being the other way around with Pardew not trusting Anita to play in a midfield two as he would have to cover a lot more ground.

I'd love it if we went there with Tiote-Jonas behind Cabaye and just bossed the game. I know we could. Still waiting to see this:

Krul

Anita  Taylor  Coloccini  Santon

Tioté    Jonas

Cabaye

Hatem                        Marveaux/Ba

Cissé

Krul

Gutierrez Tiote Cabaye

Hatem Cisse Ba

If think Pards is too scared to play 4-3-3 without Tiote, maybe because he doesn't trust Anita enough. Maybe I'm talking s****. Anyhow, think we should swap Santon over to right (iirc he can play right back) and give young Fergie a chance. Let Perch (If colo is deffo out) have some time in CB instead of Williamson.

I would imagine it being the other way around with Pardew not trusting Anita to play in a midfield two as he would have to cover a lot more ground.

I'd love it if we went there with Tiote-Jonas behind Cabaye and just bossed the game. I know we could. Still waiting to see this:

Krul

Tioté    Jonas

Cabaye

Cissé

like that...if colo and krul are fit? would start ba over marveaux on the left

Krul

Gutierrez Tiote Cabaye

Hatem Cisse Ba

Krul

Tioté    Jonas

Cabaye

Cissé

like that...if colo and krul are fit? would start ba over marveaux on the left

Krul sounds as if he's going to be OK, right?

As for Colo, Perch will have to do in the meantime. I guess he'll be the one stepping in. Got the start ahead of Williamson against Spurs at least.

3-1 loss.  Not expecting much from this one.  Everton are a really good side at home and with it seeming like Krul and Colo will be out, I just can't even see us nicking a draw.

We got murdered there last season, one of the most one sided games (not in our favour) I've been to for the last couple of seasons.  We were better in the second half after a formation change.  Sound familiar...

Oddly was thinking logically we're going to lose or at best draw but have a funny feeling we'll get a lucky win against the run of play, we'll then play really well next game and lose or something

I'd love to think so but can't see past us getting a pasting.

Williamson has to play against that lot.

Without a doubt, Everton are heavily built around wing play and aerial prowess with Baines, Pienaar, Jelavic and Fellaini.

I wouldn't want Fellaini and Jelavic up against Perch he would just get dominated.

It's a case of horses for courses really, Williamson is much better suited to deal with Everton's attack.

Williamson has to play against that lot.

Without a doubt, Everton are heavily built around wing play and aerial prowess with Baines, Pienaar, Jelavic and Fellaini.

I wouldn't want Fellaini and Jelavic up against Perch he would just get dominated.

It's a case of horses for courses really, Williamson is much better suited to deal with Everton's attack.

He's as weak as piss though, Perch is actually stronger.

How good is Ben Arfa at tracking back? Genuine question, as where he plays will be a sign of Pardew's mentality IMO. Stick him on the right and tell him to give Baines a long night, or have someone like Jonas there who "works hard" and will help to track Baines and Pienaar? Because let's be honest, that's our default attacking choice - get it to the left.

How good is Ben Arfa at tracking back? Genuine question, as where he plays will be a sign of Pardew's mentality IMO. Stick him on the right and tell him to give Baines a long night, or have someone like Jonas there who "works hard" and will help to track Baines and Pienaar? Because let's be honest, that's our default attacking choice - get it to the left.

He's good at it these days. Disciplined.

Can't see him playing Jonas out on the right, like. Anita will likely be playing RB as well, been suprised before though. Like most, I've got a feeling we could be in for a spanking.

http://cdn.omg-facts.com/2011/12/9/5a7eff9bfcedbe7cc0da926b96fce498