Rotten behaviour from Mags down the years

Big Geordie

I remember the story from the 80s where a bunch of Chelsea fans went into the Farmers Rest (no the back of M&S haymarket bus terminal) and slashed everyone up with knives.

F*ck that!

Slashed everyone in the bar who was having a quiet drink.  It was a really bad incident.

As mentioned by Tsunami, the New Year's Day derby game was the worst racism I've ever heard at SJP. Their 2 blacks lads were sent off and got dogs abuse, some of the songs being sung were an absolute disgrace. Definitely not our finest hour.

I was there at the petrol bomb game agaisnt the Hammers, and also at Zoots a few years later when they supposedly got their revenge......although anyone who has seen the Cass Pennant film, it was nowt like that.

I've seen some pretty bad stuff from our lot on the road (Carlisle, Ashby de la Zouch, Wakefield etc. etc.) and also the parrot on the fire at Barnsley (iirc) wasn't exactly what you call PC.

I'm glad I got to experience those times, but wouldn't go back for anything.

I remember the story from the 80s where a bunch of Chelsea fans went into the Farmers Rest (no the back of M&S haymarket bus terminal) and slashed everyone up with knives.

F*ck that!

Slashed everyone in the bar who was having a quiet drink.  It was a really bad incident.

I don't think it was that bad, but they definitely slashed a couple of people outside, including a bloke who was waiting to go fishing.

Racism is still rife amongst a section of our away following. We may take large numbers but some of our fanbase are ignorant arsewipes. e.g.

West Ham away 2008 - large group of our lot making monkey noises on the tube when we went past a black family who were stood waiting on the platform

Yep had that, some charver tit at Howdon metro did the same about 5 years ago, to some lass with two bairns on the platform as the metro was pulling away (brave). We knocked his face against the window.... cue the whole 'Ney need for that like', bang, knocked his face against the window again. not a fkin peep for the rest of the journey funnily enough.

If you dont do or say nowt, it wont change.

If I'm being honest, I do worry about myself being targeted because of my race whenever I go to an away game on my tod. There really are some fucking twats amongst our support. Thankfully I've encountered no trouble thus far but there's still that worry in the back of my mind. This is basically why I wear a "Kick Racism out of Football" badge to every away game I go to.

Guest Brendan_Rice

If I'm being honest, I do worry about myself being targeted because of my race whenever I go to an away game on my tod. There really are some f***ing twats amongst our support. Thankfully I've encountered no trouble thus far but there's still that worry in the back of my mind. This is basically why I wear a "Kick Racism out of Football" badge to every away game I go to.

That is sad that you feel like that Sifu, and there are fucking morons in the world that keep it going

Go to the odd away with my mate who is Asian, never had any bother from our lot but did get some abuse from a meathead Man Utd fan once when we were on the train back from Stoke. Wasn't nice but he didn't seem arsed, seemed like water off a duck's back.

I'm probably just being paranoid about it all. As I've said above, I've encountered no trouble thus far and I hope that continues to be the case now and in the future.

Nah you're probably not, I feel the same being a southerner.

F*ck that!

I don't think it was that bad, but they definitely slashed a couple of people outside, including a bloke who was waiting to go fishing.

It was out side. And as you say the poor bugger who got the worst was outside the fishing shop on the corner.

Racism is still rife amongst a section of our away following. We may take large numbers but some of our fanbase are ignorant arsewipes. e.g.

West Ham away 2008 - large group of our lot making monkey noises on the tube when we went past a black family who were stood waiting on the platform

Yep had that, some charver tit at Howdon metro did the same about 5 years ago, to some lass with two bairns on the platform as the metro was pulling away (brave). We knocked his face against the window.... cue the whole 'Ney need for that like', bang, knocked his face against the window again. not a fkin peep for the rest of the journey funnily enough.

If you dont do or say nowt, it wont change.

:thup:

Self flagellation bullsh*t

"Oh, we were as bad as anyone, sob. Hang on, I'll wrack my brains for examples, while other clubs have done it over and over again, and convince themselves the others "deserved it"...... "

Why yes, we did. The WHUnited "Roast Ham United" incident in the mid-80s which sickened 90% of our fans.

FFS - let it all go.

IT HAPPENED 20 PLUS YEARS AGO.

Why not weep and wail about the effing Pilgrims Revolt in the 1300's while you're on ?

"Oh, we were as bad as anyone, sob. Hang on, I'll wrack my brains for examples, while other clubs have done it over and over again, and convince themselves the others "deserved it"...... "

Why yes, we did. The WHUnited "Roast Ham United" incident in the mid-80s which sickened 90% of our fans.

FFS - let it all go.

Why not weep and wail about the effing Pilgrims Revolt in the 1300's while you're on ?

Cos none of us can relate to that period, however a lot of us can relate to 60s, 70s, 80s and to the present day following Newcastle United...We all blab how much we love NUFC and we all blab how much we enjoy the match, the stadium and the city.  Nothing wrong with recognising past and present issues.

We cant slag other clubs divs off without recognising our club has some divvy followers.

Not sure whats wrong with that.

F*ck that!

I know one of the guys who got stanley knifed across the face. He was standing outside on his own waiting for his son.

FFS - let it all go.

Cos none of us can relate to that period, however a lot of us can relate to 60s, 70s, 80s and to the present day following Newcastle United...We all blab how much we love NUFC and we all blab how much we enjoy the match, the stadium and the city.  Nothing wrong with recognising past and present issues.

We cant slag other clubs divs off without recognising our club has some divvy followers.

Couldn't have put that better myself. :thup:

Recounted an incident at Portsmouth before, but might as well put it in here again.  I remember going to Portsmouth when Lua Lua was playing for them and heard some disgusting racist abuse aimed at Lua Lua from 2 guys behind me.  I turned round and kept staring at them (with hindsight it would have been easier to say something, but never mind).  One of them kept asking me if I had a problem and becoming pretty 'threatening'.  Once I pointed out the nearby police officers they quickly stopped, but it wasn't great having them behind me for the rest of the match.

Don't see much of it elsewhere, either.

EVERY club has a moment of madness or two, or a small percentage of ars*holes.

I recall being in Sheffield with a couple of mates years ago at an away match with Sheff U, and a group of 4 Newcastle thugs with ONE wanting to have a go at us because "We were the Sheffield" the moron hadn't a clue, and as his mates weren't going to join in, (clearly 4 v 3 was a bit too near a  fair fight for them, and showed their utter stupidity seeing as one of us was wearing a Newcastle scarf) so they walked on with one of my mates laughing abuse at them.

A few years back when Man City came here when they were in the lower leagues, a league cup game, and tried to cause bother and got a very bloody nose for their attempts, the atmosphere in town was ugly, many "fans" wanted more trouble. They had "dealt with" the enemy now ANYONE was fair game. Normally it was OK after a match, this night in particular was awful. Down to Man City fans believing it was still the 70s. They've grown up a bit too now.

Yes of course it happens. Is it common ? NO.

Why dwell on it then ?

For example - would Newcastle fans have reacted in the same over-the-top celebration in 2009 when we went down as Villa fans did that day ?

Like hell we would have. Even now, I am astonished at that day. Still haven't heard one explanation of why it was right or justified.

I prefer that as a yardstick on what Newcastle fans are like, rather than individual acts over DECADES.