Man Utd 2 - 1 Newcastle Utd - 26/09/12 (LC R3) - post-match from page 33

Beren

You'd think they comfortably outplayed us based on this coverage. ???

Maybe it looked that way to neutrals.

I was just wondering if there was some rose tinting I needed to wipe off my glasses, based on their analysis. :undecided:

Guest bimpy474

You'd think they comfortably outplayed us based on this coverage. ???

Maybe it looked that way to neutrals.

Alan McInally reckons they shaded it but we played well and had a go.

Eh, I thought Shola played one of his best 90 mins in few years.

Shola the centre forward had one of his best 90 minutes in a few years did he?  He was a centre forward playing against kids and was shown up for what he is within a minute of Cisse coming on.  He's got the movement of the QE2 and his shooting is piss poor more often than not.

Bit of a scrappy game, suspect Man U had another gear to kick into and ferguson could have made stronger subs if he was that worried. We looked bit blunt but alright. To neutrals prolly looked like man u had largely control over it but periods they sat too deep. We don't really have anyone who can summon a goal from nothing without ben arfa.

Not looked through the thread, though thought disco ratings were a bit harsh.

Cant complain really, they scored 2 great goals, we created chances, cisse is scoring again. Thought perch was fine. Willo was a bit dodgy. Gosling needs a perch turnaround, just dont see it, never have. Vuckic better, almost got himself a great goal.

HTL, lets do it in Europe

Eh, I thought Shola played one of his best 90 mins in few years.

Shola the centre forward had one of his best 90 minutes in a few years did he?  He was a centre forward playing against kids and was shown up for what he is within a minute of Cisse coming on.  He's got the movement of the QE2 and his shooting is p*ss poor more often than not.

Isn't really Sholas's fault he was playing against kids. Won everything in the air and was dangerous. There's plenty of time to slag Shola but not after this match.

Guest bimpy474

Aye, held it up well.

Yes he did, especially when giving the ball away when they broke to score the 2nd goal.

Are you always such a cocknocker ?

Disappointing and slightly unlucky defeat but there are positives: decent performance. Ferguson's assist. Cisse off the mark. No injuries. Colo and Tiote back. Thought Tavernier and Elliott had decent games too and Bigi put another good shift in.

Negatives: Obertan and Marveaux should have done a lot better today, there was loads of space down those flanks and their defenders were backing off all day. There was strangely loads of time on the ball in their half. Ben Arfa would have had a field day today but I suppose you could say the same about a few Man Utd first teamers.