Man Utd 2 - 1 Newcastle Utd - 26/09/12 (LC R3) - post-match from page 33

Beren

Just got back from the game.

Got to say, I was quite proud of that performance. We certainly didn't deserve to lose that, we were definitely the better team in the second half and more than held on our own in the first half. Man U rode their luck at times imo.

Was very impressed with Tavernier when he played at both RB and LB; Ferguson looked bright when he came on and Cissé was pretty much looking like his old self (if he had scored that overhead/bicycle kick, oh man we would have screamed the roof down). The players shouldn't be too disheartened by the loss, they gave it their all but ultimately we lacked that bite upfront tonight. 

Btw, there wasn't a streaker tonight, just a fully clothed pitch invader, - that's him banned for life now.

Just read one of the worst bias match reports I've ever read in my life in the Guardian, Rooney's name only mentioned eleven times. Thought we played pretty well but Obertan still turbo shit. Would rather still be in the hat but not crying to be out like that.

I don't get why people slag Obertan more then Marveaux wich, by my opinion didn't absolutely nothing out there!

I don't like either but I'd guess that the reason Obertan gets more stick breaks down like this:

Marveaux is an absentee who doesn't do s***.

-vs-

Obertan gets involved a lot and actively wastes possession.

Every f***ing time Obertan gets the ball I go "well that's that, maybe we'll get something going next possession"

Meanwhile, I can't even tell that Marveaux is on the pitch.

Marveaux created absolutely nothing, whereas Obertan at least delivers a few balls in the box every match he plays. I know they're not exactly killer balls, but then their always aimed at Shola these days who's not exactly renowned for movement in the box. Marveaux may be a tidy player, but he seems to have lost a bit of pace that was there on the few occasions he featured for us last season.

Marveaux looks very tidy and composed on the ball. He had no movement in front of him with Shola a static front man and Vuckic in hiding.

Obertan does move around, but can't make decisions or deliver decent crosses. Ferguson is more potent in terms of crossing, Marveaux likes to play it on the deck, not the type of winger who beats his man and crosses.

Marveaux will be a lot more useful with the likes of Ben Arfa and Ba ahead of him. Obertan will still be useless as his decisions always lets him down.