sunderland 1 - 1 Newcastle United - 21/10/12 - post-match reaction from page 39

Dave

Guest magpie99

Under the circumstances, it was an excellent display against what is a very poor Sunderland side though.

I thought other than Colo, Willamson was superb at the back and Simpson did a top job on McClean.

If ot wasnt for Tiote's dismissal, I think we would have beaten them by two or three goals. Demba should really have scored a couple of goals. They werent difficult chances for a player of his quality.

On this display, Sunderland will be fighting off relegation if they are not careful.

I wonder how Wireside felt when the invisible Sessegnon was HAULED OFF in the 2nd half.

Didn't realise Adam Johnson was playing until he got hauled off :lol:.

At one point well into the game the commentator mentioned his name and myself and about 4 other people around me all said something along the lines of "Wow, I'd forgotten Johnson was playing" :lol:

Anyone get "picked off" by Wireside and his chums on their way to the Tullow Tip ?

The walk up from St Peters was as uneventful as ever. Other than at the station, you barely saw a mackem.

Guest neesy111

Anyone get "picked off" by Wireside and his chums on their way to the Tullow Tip ?

The walk up from St Peters was as uneventful as ever. Other than at the station, you barely saw a mackem.

Yeah, I saw no bother at all.  Though 2 hours to get us onto the Metro's is an absolute joke.

Had time to think about the match now so here's my view:

i) I think it probably was a red. Pardew would have told all the players before the game to not get involved in anything that could result in a red card, so for Tiote to leave his foot in off the floor like that was stupid. It wasn't a reckless challenge or a typical 'leg-breaker' but in that situation the ref is more than likely to produce a red. However, Larsson should also have been sent off for his chest high challenge on Shola. For some reason these tackles never seem to get as much attention as the tackles that are 2 foot off the floor? If one is construed as dangerous play then how can the other not be?

ii) We were bossing it up until the red card, no doubt whatsoever in my mind that we would have won by a couple if it weren't for the sending off.

iii) Colo was incredible. Dealt with absolutely everything thrown at him and was so composed and assured on the ball. One of the best centre back performances I have ever seen for us.

iv) I was slighlty disappointed with Santon today. Not in his defensive work which was very solid, but I thought he was very careless in posssession on quite a few occasions and gave the ball away needlessly when we really needed to keep it.

v) The free kick for their goal was taken at least five yards further forward from where the foul was committed. Maybe doesn't seem like much but without that I'm not sure Larsson could have got the angle he did on the delivery, poor refereeing.

vi) Atkinson is shit.

vii) Sunderland are shit. Johnson reminded me of Damien Duff during his time here, lots of aimless running with the ball down blind alleys.

i) I think it probably was a red. Pardew would have told all the players before the game to not get involved in anything that could result in a red card, so for Tiote to leave his foot in off the floor like that was stupid. It wasn't a reckless challenge or a typical 'leg-breaker' but in that situation the ref is more than likely to produce a red. However, Larsson should also have been sent off for his chest high challenge on Shola. For some reason these tackles never seem to get as much attention as the tackles that are 2 foot off the floor? If one is construed as dangerous play then how can the other not be?

ii) We were bossing it up until the red card, no doubt whatsoever in my mind that we would have won by a couple if it weren't for the sending off.

iii) Colo was incredible. Dealt with absolutely everything thrown at him and was so composed and assured on the ball. One of the best centre back performances I have ever seen for us.

iv) I was slighlty disappointed with Santon today. Not in his defensive work which was very solid, but I thought he was very careless in posssession on quite a few occasions and gave the ball away needlessly when we really needed to keep it.

v) The free kick for their goal was taken at least five yards further forward from where the foul was committed. Maybe doesn't seem like much but without that I'm not sure Larsson could have got the angle he did on the delivery, poor refereeing.

vi) Atkinson is shit.

vii) Sunderland are shit. Johnson reminded me of Damien Duff during his time here, lots of aimless running with the ball down blind alleys.

Aye it is starting to look like Man City knew exactly what they were doing getting rid of him.

vi) Atkinson is shit.

Aye it is starting to look like Man City knew exactly what they were doing getting rid of him.

Agree. Our boys do deserve credit for marshalling him so diligently in the opening spell so that he never had a chance to get going though.

vi) Atkinson is shit.

Agree. Our boys do deserve credit for marshalling him so diligently in the opening spell so that he never had a chance to get going though.

Aye we played him very well, I think most teams will be able to stop him playing as he's very predictable.

vi) Atkinson is shit.

I think he's just a player who neutral/MOTD fans rate very highly but fans who watch him every week think he's average.

Still think in time he'll be their best player.

Guest neesy111

What's this stuff about a Golf Ball being thrown at Cabaye?

:lol:

It was rolled up paper. I think.

:lol:

I saw stuff being thrown at him, but looked all paper.

From .com

Got to agree with the Fletcher bit. The twat knew what he was doing.

"The lime-green clad visitors looked to be comfortably in control until Tiote's moment of madness although Fletcher was far from blameless, having piled in to challenge well after the whistle had already gone."

vi) Atkinson is s***.

vii) Sunderland are s***. Johnson reminded me of Damien Duff during his time here, lots of aimless running with the ball down blind alleys.

I think he's just a player who neutral/MOTD fans rate very highly but fans who watch him every week think he's average.

Still think in time he'll be their best player.

Was that a very clever quip about no sunderland fan watches the match live, or just a damning indictment of the quality of Sunderland players?

Thoughts about the game were:

Crapp refereeing

Sunderland were really lucky Tiote got sent off

We are going to tonk someone soon, players seem to be returning to form, just that "team" isn't quite clicking.

Colo makes a huge difference to us.

P.S. Any chance of making a bid for that Rose lad? He had an awesome game for them!!