Newcastle United v West Ham United - 11/11/12 @ 3pm

EthiGeordie

Worried about Jarvis to Carroll though. Need a good match from Simpson.

Yeah - Jarvis will undoubtedly cause problems. This is one of the reasons I would have opted for the more mobile Anita in the middle to try and close down quickly/stem that problem at source.

Guest bimpy474

That's one of the shittest back 4's in top flight history.

Edgar, Ramage, Taylor and Huntington say "hi".

Could actually list you about five or six of our defences from that time for similar effect, but I think that one may have been the worst :lol:

Hoy Moore in there.

West Ham United: Jaaskelainen, O'Brien, Reid, Tomkins, McCartney, Noble, Diame, Nolan, Benayoun, Jarvis, Carroll

Thats a diagonal balls in from 30 yards out to Carroll and pick up the 2nd ball team.

Of course it is. That's Plan A for the wobbly jowled cunt.

Aye. Hope he chokes on his packet of chewing gum the fat disgusting oaf.

Me and you both, Brother.

Could actually list you about five or six of our defences from that time for similar effect, but I think that one may have been the worst :lol:

Hoy Moore in there.

Boumsong for sure.

Guest bimpy474

Hoy Moore in there.

Boumsong for sure.

Dear God yes, what an abortion of a defender. Babayaro was another complete pile of shite.

Guest bimpy474

Man for man, is it really even worse than say Elliott, Hughes, O'Brien & Dabizas which we had for nearly half a season finishing 4th?

SBR v Souness though. No contest.

Guest bimpy474

Did we ever have Solano, Boumsong, Moore and Babayaro as a quartet?

Duff and Boumsong? I doubt it.

Eh?

I did the Tim "the tool man" Taylor  huuuuh also.

Carr -- Moore -- Bramble -- Babayaro was our 'best' back four under Roeder, iirc. (Taylor being injured of course). I know the defence under Bobby was never littered with top quality players (Woodgate aside), but when you think of that lot and then the ones that Rich mentioned - it's mental how it ever got that bad. Hated us back then.

All those years in the Prem with a shit defence and yet we got relegated with Beye - Bassong/Taylor - Colo - Enrique.

I know, it's daft. But then i don't think we've ever had a worse CM set-up than Butt/Smith/Nolan/Barton.

Guest palnese

All those years in the Prem with a shit defence and yet we got relegated with Beye - Bassong/Taylor - Colo - Enrique.

I know, it's daft. But then i don't think we've ever had a worse CM set-up than Butt/Smith/Nolan/Barton.

Think we played something like this vs Leicester (?) in the CCC.

Geremi Guthrie Butt Barton

Nolan

:lol:

Guest bimpy474

Thats what i was thinking, the midfield was shite.

Nicky Butt being immovable was the biggest problem on the playing side of things. But, obviously, relegation was a culmination of various things, including a few shit players around the line-up. There was enough personnel to keep us up, as was demonstrated by half the squad absolutely pissing the Championship at a canter.