Newcastle United 0 - 1 West Ham United - 11/11/12 - post match reaction from p33

Optimistic Nut

What a sh*t game between two thoroughly sh*t sides. The game has left me totally apathetic as I realize that unless something "radical" is done (433 with one striker), we are going to struggle like this for the rest of the season. I know, fickle as funk, had we won we would all be crowing about how we can shut out teams whilst playing badly etc...etc.. NO! We have the tools to outplay teams and we should be more offensive!!! What is going on????

To be fair, the only reason West Ham won it was because of an off target shot, they were as bad as we were... Diame was the stand out performer today, he apsolutely shat on our midfield every time he had possession, was very positive with it aswell... Wouldn't be a bad buy eh?

As an aside, I really feel sorry for these two players:

Ben arfa, he literally has to take on the whole opposing team to move us forward and isn't helped in the slightest by his team mates due to lack of movement of any sort or options open to him... We should be making the most of this kid but we are restraining him and putting him in a position where he can't inflict damage (winger 442).

Cabaye, he is having to do everything without any help from the formation, it is obvious that when he plays further forward he can pull strings majestically, it's like Pards has him playing with shackles on.

MOTD not showing Ba's "goal" in their analysis and Jason Roberts on about us having 2nd season syndrome! Jesus wept.

Seriously?

That's fucking ridiculous tbh

They also didn't show HBA's Run in the first half direct from their corner where he got his heels clipped off someone and managed to stay on his feet but fed a poor ball to Ba because of him being clipped. Their player never got a booking either.

Still p*ssed off by what happened in this game. I'll probably be fine tomorrow but this has really soured my day.

And I'm still pissed off. This has never happened before, I usually calm down after a night of sleep :undecided:

Definitely the most deflated I've been after a result in ages. After the party of Brugge, yesterday's result and work today felt like a massive comedown.