Newcastle United 0 - 1 West Ham United - 11/11/12 - post match reaction from p33

Optimistic Nut

If/ when we get through the group, ill only wants see mass changes if we totally boss the first leg and have a commanding lead. Other than that, it should be first team. You can just about get away with reserve-esque sides in the group as our opponents so far have looked Championship standard at best.

If/ when we get through the group, ill only wants see mass changes if we totally boss the first leg and have a commanding lead. Other than that, it should be first team. You can just about get away with reserve-esque sides in the group as our opponents so far have looked Championship standard at best.

Hope to fuck we do get through the group or our typical lame FA cup exit will mean our season is over by January.

MOTD not showing Ba's "goal" in their analysis and Jason Roberts on about us having 2nd season syndrome! Jesus wept.

Owen got his bit right, our forwards face away from goal far too often.

Down to the service. They're having to come far too deep to get the ball. And when they do, they're surrounded by opposition players. Same goes for HBA.

Cisse only got the ball facing their goal once all game and he was so desperate to take the opportunity to get a shot away that he nearly skewed it out for a throw.

It doesn't help that our wingers are being used as secondary fullbacks so start runs from too deep.  We break with two lines of 4 starting deep and then have one or two forwards with acres of space between them and whoever is nearest in black and white.

A mini report by a neutral:

On my travels, there have been a number of football fans who have kept popping up from ground to ground – the inattentive boor, the shaven headed thug who still wishes it was the 80s, yummy mummies taking small kids who are clearly shocked by the amount of language on offer – and the type I wish to focus on – Permanent and Unnecessary Anger Man. PUAM doesn’t really mind what the score is, but any time a player puts a single foot wrong you get the same reaction: “NOOOOOOOOOOOO. That was SHITE. Get out of my fucking team” etc etc. Today, I’d have forgiven PUAM, and it was clear his affliction was spreading through the stands at St James Park. Newcastle were below poor, perhaps only the second worst home performance I’ve seen after Accrington’s capitulation to Exeter, and deserved to be beaten more than 1-0 – even by a fairly lacklustre Hammers side.

I’ve thought long and hard after the match and I’m still struggling to think who the worst Newcastle player was – Vernon Anita and Gabriel Obertan, substitutes both, should get a lot of flack for coming on and seemingly worsening an already bad side. Only Cabaye gave any resistance, but his passing was hampered by movement and first touch akin to a table football match.

Pardew has work to do.

I much prefer watching the Europa League team so far anyway. The pressure is mostly off and they play with more freedom. Our PL performances with supposedly better players have been dismal.

They've lost their last 3 league games.  I've just given you a preview of Pardew's next interview, you're welcome.

Davide Santon aside I thought we were pretty fucking awful today. The worst performance of the season which is saying something. Bar a short burst immediately after they went ahead and straight after half time we never actually looked like scoring.

I can't work out how we've went from playing the football we were at the end of last season, which was lovely to watch and highly effective, to this long ball shite that's been served up now. I mean it's not as if there was any major rebuilding done on or off the pitch. Whatever Pardew's logic it seems very flawed, however the players need to shoulder some of the blame too. Whenever we get the ball there is absolutely no movement, no one offers anything and that makes us extremely easy to mark and slows the pace of the game right down as we try to look for a pass. This is having an impact on the players who were carrying us earlier in the season, like HBA (who is wasted on the wing but that's another story), as teams realise quite quickly they can whack an extra man on him and crowd him out forcing him to run in circles looking for someone to fucking pass to.

Don't even get me started on the long balls we played today. Whose idea was it to try and out Fat Sam a Fat Sam team? We struggle to win the second ball at the best of times let alone against a side which is built to do such a thing better than anyone else in the league. And if I see another set piece aimed at Williamson's head I'll windmill someone. I know for a fact that we spend ages practising set pieces and yet we are absolutely diabolical, genuinely the worst I can remember from an NUFC side. I can't believe I ever used to slag off Barton's corners.

I know it'll be derided as simplistic, but we need to go back to 433 and find some form. We've got what would usually be described as a decent run of games over the next few weeks, go back to the tried and tested formula and try and get some fucking results under our belt. If we keep playing this brand of football it's going to be a very long, very frustrating season.

The get out of jail card we got against WBA won't happen every week. I'd say 'hopefully Pardew will realise now that he needs to do summat different' but there's absolutely no point in making a statement like that, cos he won't.

Utter s****, and if it continues this way Pardew won't last another 8 months, let alone years.

We could lose the next 10 games and he won't get sacked. The compensation would be too much.

There will be a clause in his contract to avoid that. irrelevant though, he wont be sacked because it would make Ashley and Llambias look like complete tools

Since when did Ashley and Llambias need any more help to look like complete tools ?

A mini report by a neutral:

On my travels, there have been a number of football fans who have kept popping up from ground to ground – the inattentive boor, the shaven headed thug who still wishes it was the 80s, yummy mummies taking small kids who are clearly shocked by the amount of language on offer – and the type I wish to focus on – Permanent and Unnecessary Anger Man. PUAM doesn’t really mind what the score is, but any time a player puts a single foot wrong you get the same reaction: “NOOOOOOOOOOOO. That was SHITE. Get out of my fucking team” etc etc. Today, I’d have forgiven PUAM, and it was clear his affliction was spreading through the stands at St James Park. Newcastle were below poor, perhaps only the second worst home performance I’ve seen after Accrington’s capitulation to Exeter, and deserved to be beaten more than 1-0 – even by a fairly lacklustre Hammers side.

I’ve thought long and hard after the match and I’m still struggling to think who the worst Newcastle player was – Vernon Anita and Gabriel Obertan, substitutes both, should get a lot of flack for coming on and seemingly worsening an already bad side. Only Cabaye gave any resistance, but his passing was hampered by movement and first touch akin to a table football match.

Pardew has work to do.

Load of utter bollocks.

I'm so p*ssed off with this, man. Took my girl to her first NUFC game yesterday and it cost me near enough £200 with travel expenses for us to watch that bullshit. I've never left before the final whistle ever but I actually started considering it at half time because I would've put my house on us losing the game and serving up predictable, unwatchable crap in the process.

Taking the opposition into account and the talent we were able to start, that's the worst performance I can remember at SJP in at least 5 years. Easily the angriest I've been about an NUFC game since the no-show against Fulham that effectively sent us down.

Was it not ball achingly predictable that we'd get beat?

-Euro hangover.

- We'd rode our luck this year far too long.

- Fat Sam, whose sides we always struggle against.

- Nolan / Carroll returning.

- injuries and suspensions to key players.

- too many players out of form.

What were WHU to win yesterday? 4/1? Should have really had a bet on, I had a massively bad feeling for yesterday and should have backed it up.

I'm so p*ssed off with this, man. Took my girl to her first NUFC game yesterday and it cost me near enough £200 with travel expenses for us to watch that bullshit. I've never left before the final whistle ever but I actually started considering it at half time because I would've put my house on us losing the game and serving up predictable, unwatchable crap in the process.

Taking the opposition into account and the talent we were able to start, that's the worst performance I can remember at SJP in at least 5 years. Easily the angriest I've been about an NUFC game since the no-show against Fulham that effectively sent us down.

:thup:

Can't argue with a word of that. In the second half when we just kept launching it for no reason and losing the ball I was so, so tempted to just go home. It was absolutely horrendous, I was fuming at the final whistle. I still am pissed off, an NUFC game hasn't angered me this time in quite a while.

Bringing wor lass to her first ever game next weekend...... :anguish:

:thup:

Can't argue with a word of that. In the second half when we just kept launching it for no reason and losing the ball I was so, so tempted to just go home. It was absolutely horrendous, I was fuming at the final whistle. I still am pissed off, an NUFC game hasn't angered me this time in quite a while.

Bringing wor lass to her first ever game next weekend...... :anguish:

:lol: Bringing mine to the Wigan game in a few weeks. Hopefully Pards will have woken up by then...

It's a total joke really when you look at the players we have up front they are not equipped to play long ball, the fact we resort to Shola nearly every fucking game says it all. What we really need is to work the ball to the likes of Ferguson/Sammy/Ben Arfa/Marveux and tell them to get the crosses in, Cisse and Ba would score a lot more if we actually supplied them with balls through and in swinging crosses. Rather than hopeless punts from Krul, Williamson, Simpson and Taylor which inevitably come straight back to us because we don't have that target man and someone waiting to get on the end of knock downs or 2nd balls. It's that simple and I honestly have no fucking idea what Pardews game plans are anymore rather than to nick a goal and hold on.

Respect to the West Ham supporters btw, big in numbers.

That was the biggest following I can ever remember them bringing.

And yet they were still very quiet. I know our fans were again rubbish today but they got a victory at what is normally a very tough place to get anything. And they are the best fans in the World .....

Saying that, I did enjoy the "hes just a shit Andy Carroll" and our counter chant of "hes just a shit Ameobi".