Newcastle United 0 - 1 West Ham United - 11/11/12 - post match reaction from p33

Optimistic Nut

On another note, their fans were rubbish. Good numbers but hardly heard a peep out of them- probably a good thing with those awful accents.

Ours weren't much better

Home atmosphere has been terrible this season. Another thing to thank the fat one for :thup:

Yeah, the atmosphere at SJP has been really poor all season. Although the Spurs game was good, but that's because it the first game of the season. It's the style of football, it's just totally uninspiring and it just knocks the stuffing out of you. It's so deflating to watch.

We need Cisse back on form as soon as possible. The problem is a 4-4-2 offers him/he offers nothing so I can't see him getting enough chances to develop his form (he was in form when he came from Freiburg IIRC).

I miss Leon Best. That being said the 4-4-2 nearly paid a dividend in the second half. We are better than West Ham to a man. Why do we bother playing the percentages, thats what shit teams do to guarantee a sufficient amount of points to keep them in the division. We finished 5th, its not good enough.

Cisse scored a few goals last year when we played 442 including the two at Chelsea. The formation issue does not fully excuse his wretched personal form.

Guest firetotheworks

Any excuses are irrelevant. West Ham pressed us to win the ball back and we were so rigid that they could do it without getting caught out of position until they actually won it back. When they got it, we stayed in position and allowed them to bring it down, pass it out, decide on their passes, and generally do what they wanted.

I respect Pardew for last season, but that is in the past. He can fuck off with his excuses. We were terrible in every single way as a team. We rely on personnel all the time and look absolutely clueless as a team. We have some fantastic players being hampered by our shit, negative outlook. We shouldn't be concerned with West Ham, Aston Villa and Norwich. They should be concerned with us. It was frustrating, but now it's just painful to watch.

:(

Says it all that I wasn't bothered to stay up and watch it, there's no excitement in watching us play at all this year. Best case scenario is generally a lucky three points after a disjointed performance, but we're a fucking chore to watch at the best of times.

I'm appreciative of the good things Pardew has done but I'm finding it difficult not to really lay into him right now. The fact that this group of players have shown they can play good football if set up to do so yet he insists on his shit, negative approach to games makes it hard to have any sympathy for him.

He's looking more and more like a coward, afraid of getting the odd thumping by allowing his players to go out and express themselves, it's so disappointing.

Still giving him a bit more time to get his shit together, but honestly I don't know if I expect him to do so.

Says it all that I wasn't bothered to stay up and watch it, there's no excitement in watching us play at all this year. Best case scenario is generally a lucky three points after a disjointed performance, but we're a f***ing chore to watch at the best of times.

I'm appreciative of the good things Pardew has done but I'm finding it difficult not to really lay into him right now. The fact that this group of players have shown they can play good football if set up to do so yet he insists on his s***, negative approach to games makes it hard to have any sympathy for him.

He's looking more and more like a coward, afraid of getting the odd thumping by allowing his players to go out and express themselves, it's so disappointing.

Still giving him a bit more time to get his s*** together, but honestly I don't know if I expect him to do so.

This  :thup: the sad thing is if we persist with this containing grinding approach its easy to see us drawing 3 games in a row. If we went and played as we can, uninhibited and slick we would at least win one in three and be just as well off. 

didnt get to hear/listen to the match today, but fully expected us to get beat. We have been poor so far and were due to get beat.

Better beat Swansea next week or it could be a long old season especially with a hard December ahead.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2231511/Kevin-Nolan-targets-Europe-West-Ham.html

Delighted match-winner Kevin Nolan admitted West Ham are looking to emulate Newcastle United's feats last season.

Nolan scored his fifth of the season to secure The Hammers' second away win of the season. It was a more than satisfactory return for former Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce, plus ex-Newcastle players Nolan and Andy Carroll.

Nolan refused to celebrate after his 39th minute winner, and, while Carroll was booed and mocked for failing to score again, earlier in the game Newcastle fans sang the West Ham captain's name.

And Nolan said: 'I can't thank the fans enough for the reception. It was absolutely unbelievable. I had an absolutely fantastic time here, I love Newcastle and love everything about it - my family and I made so many friends here and my boy is a Geordie.

'It was a perfect scenario to score the winner. It was quite emotional when I did and I had a little moment with Mark Noble afterwards.

'I left Newcastle on great terms. Alan Pardew was absolutely fantastic to me, we still share the odd text and just before the play-off final he gave me some great words and support, I'll always have that.

'I would never, ever slag off Newcastle because I loved every single minute of my time up here - apart from the relegation of course. But it was nice to hear and nice to hear the support. The fans have been really good to me, it's nice to be back and it's nice to see some old faces and catch up with old friends.

'What we're trying to do at West Ham is what we tried to do at Newcastle. When we came up it was about getting them back to where they belonged and then eventually into Europe. That's what I feel that West Ham should do with the support we've got and the backing from the boardroom.'

Says it all that I wasn't bothered to stay up and watch it, there's no excitement in watching us play at all this year. Best case scenario is generally a lucky three points after a disjointed performance, but we're a fucking chore to watch at the best of times.

I'm appreciative of the good things Pardew has done but I'm finding it difficult not to really lay into him right now. The fact that this group of players have shown they can play good football if set up to do so yet he insists on his shit, negative approach to games makes it hard to have any sympathy for him.

Still giving him a bit more time to get his shit together, but honestly I don't know if I expect him to do so.

This. I'm not even bothering to record Football First because I can't be bothered watching that. The worst of it is I wasn't looking forward to the game before the game either. Watching us go backwards to fit into Pardew's Dad's Army football philosophy is soul destroying.