Newcastle United 0 - 1 West Ham United - 11/11/12 - post match reaction from p33

Optimistic Nut

http://c0014564.r32.cf1.rackcdn.com/x2_f899a92

Inconclusive.

Tough one,  sadly the linesman was on the other side of the pitch so couldn't see as Jussi's body is in the way.  Mike Dean had a good view though he was only about 7 or 8 yards out with the same view as that photo but i doubt he could give it as he would be guessing.

Cabaye in a two is taking his game away. We can see it, i'm sure Cabaye knows it, i'm sure his teammates can see it.

Pardew can't. Poor management to be honest.

We use this excuse to,protect our favourites so often. A top player will show his class whether he's in a 2 or a 3 I'm the middle. Cabaye has been cack most of the season. He's a French international and to repeatedly excuse his lame performances on others doesn't hold much water as far as I'm concerned.

This kind of comment baffles me. He is not an all-round central midfielder and is often chasing shadows for us due to being in an outnumbered 2, this will have a massive effect on a player, especially when he's expected to create on top of that and from deep areas. The players can't really be entirely blamed when they're not being used correctly, I'd be slating Cabaye if he'd been putting these types of performances in if he was playing in his preferred position but he's not, so can in some ways get the benefit of the doubt. It's the manager's responsibility to manage, I doubt Cabaye had played league football in a midfield 2 for years and for good reason, it's dated.

well as many have said, this had been coming, FLAT, RIGID 4-4-2.

hopefully now someone in a position of influence will say to pardew, "hey alan, remember when we were playing really well last season with this exact same squad, why don't we try that again ?"

Skirge, ofcourse it's ridiculous that we still don't have video replay for incidents like this but we just have to deal with it. Because we don't have the option for review it wasn't this decision which changed the game. Our play going forward was atrocious the whole match, that's what cost us in the end.

Skirge, ofcourse it's ridiculous that we still don't have video replay for incidents like this but we just have to deal with it. Because we don't have the option for review it wasn't this decision which changed the game. Our play going forward was atrocious the whole match, that's what cost us in the end.

You are right BUT goals change games and to score and it not be given is a bitter pill to swallow. 1-1 confidence goes up a notch as does the noise levels, their heads drop.. Nothing more in football has an effect on the game as goals. Yeah ok we were poor but poor and scored a goal.

Everything about that game was predictable before kick off. I can't see it being much different next week unless we can nick a draw/win and nicking it is certainly what we'll be doing.

I still love Nolan though. Not that he's good enough to play for us anymore...

Everything about that game was predictable before kick off. I can't see it being much different next week unless we can nick a draw/win and nicking it is certainly what we'll be doing.

I still love Nolan though. Not that he's good enough to play for us anymore...

:lol:

Guest bimpy474

Inconclusive.

Tough one,  sadly the linesman was on the other side of the pitch so couldn't see as Jussi's body is in the way.  Mike Dean had a good view though he was only about 7 or 8 yards out with the same view as that photo but i doubt he could give it as he would be guessing.

The shadow of the ball tells you its way over the line. If one of the TV people do that freeze and rotate the picture in 3D around the ball. I'm 100% confident that is at least 6 inches over.

Guest neesy111

Inconclusive.

The shadow of the ball tells you its way over the line. If one of the TV people do that freeze and rotate the picture in 3D around the ball. I'm 100% confident that is at least 6 inches over.

How does the shadow tell you?  You don't know which way the light is coming from. 

Inconclusive.

How does the shadow tell you?  You don't know which way the light is coming from. 

well they are certainly not coming from the centre of the pitch.

Guest bimpy474

Inconclusive.

Shadow come from under the ball.

Where do you think you plank. :lol: Just a joke ;)

A shadow isn't and never cast from directly above, there is always a gap in direction when something is elevated. Going by common sense and seeing Mrs Bimpy shadow hanging over me every day, i deduce that ball is over the line by a average Englishman's cock length.

Guest bimpy474

And in a football stadium shadows show in different directions depending on where the players is, closer to lights on one side will cast the shadow a certain direction,  same elsewhere.

That pic tells me, the genius that i'am that the lights from behind (above the goal) are casting that shadow away from the goal.

If you didn't notice i'm taking bollocks...seemed intelligent though didn't it :lol:

Guest SweMatt

Terrible display. A total lack of belief in ourselves and the way we play. West Ham must be one of the slowest teams in the division, and we try to beat them - at home - by playing long balls towards Ba/Cisse/Shola.

We have so much more talent in the squad that we should beat this team comfortably. We should have done lots of one-two's, lots of fast breaktrough balls on the ground and needless to say we should have played 4-3-3 without Cissé in the starting eleven. Extremely disappointed with Pardew's approach to the games now.

My 2p:

Krul 7 - couple of good saves, couldn't do anything about the goal

Simpson 5.5 - should have been much more involved in attacking

Williamson 5.5 - decent in coping with Carroll but terrible passing

Taylor 6 - decent performance

Santon 6 - need to know what Ferguson is doing

Ben Arfa 6 - tried very hard, but failed too often in the last moment

Anita 5.5 - a lot of neat passing, but too easily overpowered

Cabaye 5.5 - should have delivered better set pieces, average passing

Ferguson 5 - terrible crosses, poor first touch

Cissé 4 - runs around like a headless chicken

Ba 5 - quiet game, should have won more headers

Shola 5 - poor first touch per usual

Now let's swap to 4-3-3/4-5-1 as soon as possible, thank you very much.  :huff:

Guest Geordiesned

The foreign telly was on in The Strawberry after the game. They showed the Ba header with their fancy graphics from directly above it which showed it was clearly in.

Guest bimpy474

The foreign telly was on in The Strawberry after the game. They showed the Ba header with their fancy graphics from directly above it which showed it was clearly in.

See told you i was a genius...:lol: Bet it was a cock length over.

Guest Geordiesned

See told you i was a genius...:lol: Bet it was a cock length over.

A medium sized cock though not a Johny Holmes foot long.