Newcastle United 0 - 1 West Ham United - 11/11/12 - post match reaction from p33

Optimistic Nut

Just a total shithouse performance from us, couldn't get going (partly due to Allardyce's delaying tactics) and once they went ahead Allardyce teams are a bastard to play against. What that doesn't explain is why we hoofed the ball time and time again to Ba and Cisse and latterly Shola, total waste of time especially as they picked up the 2nd ball time and time again thanks to Diame, who totally dominated midfield. 4-4-2 is a massive waste of time, fuck knows why we are persisting with it, but the solution is not to play 4-3-3 with a striker on the wing, just grow a pair and play two wingers and Ba in the middle. Cisse looks totally lost and honestly, if he hadn't scored all those goals last season you would look at him this season and think he was a total joke. It doesn't help that him and Ba don't seem to have ever met or spoken and have shown absolutely nothing towards being a potent partnership.

What absolutely amazes me is that we have 0 midfielders breaking into the box, yet we also seem to have 0 outside of it, crosses or pull backs from the byline were met by nobody but headers clear would set West Ham on a counter, totally mind boggling and not for the first time this season I've had to check we have a full 11 out there, as we just seem totally inept at everything. We're shit to watch and it's hard to see us finishing top half at this rate. Out of 18 matches, or 36 halves, how many have seen us play well? Probably 3 or 4 maximum, which is depressing.

As for West Ham, I don't care if Allardyce wanks himself stupid tonight for getting one over us again, I couldn't watch that sorry excuse for football every week. Second half inparticular they should be ashamed - not referring to the lads who were genuinely injured - but the other 5 or 6 who went down and called for the phsyio. That and the ridiculosu amount of time wasting in general, they were superb at it, and it irritates me greatly.

This has been coming for a while, we've had some luck in avoiding defeats this season but today it ran out. Hard to see us beating a decent Swansea team but you can tell if we're going to get a result by 2pm when the teams come out. We have zero movemnt, zero imagination and zero drive. Whoop de doo

This Europe stuff is guff. Players should be able to play 2 matches in a week ffs. Pardew's right to ignore that aspect.

It's a relatively recent thing that's crept into the game. Keegan for example would generally always play his strongest team in all competitors yet these days managers seem terrified of "burn out" or other such pap.

Top players at the peak of fitness can play twice a week, no doubt. You get the added bonus of consistency too.

I actually think we'd be fitter/more confident if they were playing two games a week.

9 changes is ridiculous.

I think you're right, if you play on the Sunday in the league and then during the week you train but you're not involved in the match day squad on the Thursday, you've then got to pick up the intensity on Friday/Saturday when the manager starts to look at the next game. Our better games have come at the mackems, Anfield (sort of), Everton (sort of) and Spurs, all of which didn't follow European games and we had a lot of time to prepare for.

Just a total shithouse performance from us, couldn't get going (partly due to Allardyce's delaying tactics) and once they went ahead Allardyce teams are a b****** to play against. What that doesn't explain is why we hoofed the ball time and time again to Ba and Cisse and latterly Shola, total waste of time especially as they picked up the 2nd ball time and time again thanks to Diame, who totally dominated midfield. 4-4-2 is a massive waste of time, f*** knows why we are persisting with it, but the solution is not to play 4-3-3 with a striker on the wing, just grow a pair and play two wingers and Ba in the middle. Cisse looks totally lost and honestly, if he hadn't scored all those goals last season you would look at him this season and think he was a total joke. It doesn't help that him and Ba don't seem to have ever met or spoken and have shown absolutely nothing towards being a potent partnership.

What absolutely amazes me is that we have 0 midfielders breaking into the box, yet we also seem to have 0 outside of it, crosses or pull backs from the byline were met by nobody but headers clear would set West Ham on a counter, totally mind boggling and not for the first time this season I've had to check we have a full 11 out there, as we just seem totally inept at everything. We're s*** to watch and it's hard to see us finishing top half at this rate. Out of 18 matches, or 36 halves, how many have seen us play well? Probably 3 or 4 maximum, which is depressing.

As for West Ham, I don't care if Allardyce wanks himself stupid tonight for getting one over us again, I couldn't watch that sorry excuse for football every week. Second half inparticular they should be ashamed - not referring to the lads who were genuinely injured - but the other 5 or 6 who went down and called for the phsyio. That and the ridiculosu amount of time wasting in general, they were superb at it, and it irritates me greatly.

This has been coming for a while, we've had some luck in avoiding defeats this season but today it ran out. Hard to see us beating a decent Swansea team but you can tell if we're going to get a result by 2pm when the teams come out. We have zero movemnt, zero imagination and zero drive. Whoop de doo

yeh all match i could hear one of fat Sam's twats screaming "push in! second ball!"    Fat Sam's teams are always going to be the masters at 2nd ball it's pointless for us to go long against him.  Then again if try to go short, we don't have the quality because the players are so in grained in blasting it long and high,  we saw that vs Bruges when we went a goal down, hoof hoof hoof, thats all the players knows.

This Europe stuff is guff. Players should be able to play 2 matches in a week ffs. Pardew's right to ignore that aspect.

It's a relatively recent thing that's crept into the game. Keegan for example would generally always play his strongest team in all competitors yet these days managers seem terrified of "burn out" or other such pap.

Top players at the peak of fitness can play twice a week, no doubt. You get the added bonus of consistency too.

Indeed. I don't play anywhere near professionally obviously but I'm able to play 3 full matches a week. Plus I don't have the benefit of massages, conditioning and £35k every week :lol:

I actually think we'd be fitter/more confident if they were playing two games a week.

9 changes is ridiculous.

Spurs seem to be managing well enough making hardly any changes.

Yup. And despite obvious tactical problems, we'd be performing a lot better with a few comfortable wins under our belts.

EL is like the reserves atm. And it's more enjoyable.