Newcastle United vs. Wigan Athletic - 03/12/2012 @ 8pm (Sky Sports 1)

TheGuv

Krul

Simpson      Williamson    Colo        Santon

Anita          Tiote            Jonas

Marveaux      Cisse        Ba

Has to be this, absolutely has to be.

Krul

Simpson      Williamson    Colo        Santon

Anita          Tiote            Jonas

Marveaux      Cisse        Ba

Has to be this, absolutely has to be.

There's a s much chance of Ba plying in goal as wide left.

Guest neesy111

Gotta love that midfield and it's passing prowess.

Love that it's basically 4 defensive midfielders.

Yep  :lol:

And we still concede too many goals.

Attack is the best form of defence.

Type of night when both fans and players have to be in the mindset this is a game against the mackems or Man U.  No one rocking up just before kick off thinking "ah its Wigan tonight we should beat them" and then sitting there expecting and then jumping on the backs of Simpson or Willo cos they misplace a price.  SJP needs to be rocking and at its nastiest,  right behind the players wearing black & white and right on top of the Wigan players.  Players also can't afford a slow start, need to be stuck right into them from the first whistle and stop them getting on the ball and imposing there passing game on us.

If we do that both on and off the pitch we will win it comfortably.

This game is *this* big. I'm pretty excited actually. Wish I could make it up for it. I hope there's a defiant, up-for-it mood. I dunno how it happens, but sometimes there are those games with St James really is like a fortress, such as in the relegation season - sometimes it work, sometimes it doesn't, but I'm sure it helps.

Guest bimpy474

It'll be 4-4-2 and at least a dozen pages of outrage in this very thread.

It's got to the stage now that we just expect it and rage just happens in general.

True but if we do start 4-3-3 then this thread will be rather tranquil for a little while at least :lol:

Guest bimpy474

It'll be ambiguous, and our formation will change throughout, what's mainly important is if our players can keep hold of the ball at all regardless, which they won't

Aye, and when a short pass is on but Krul waves the players upfield my heart will just sink a little more.

I think he'll actually go 4-3-3 or try to remembering their demolition of us last season and counter their midfield, it'll actually look like this

Krul

Simpson  Willo Colo    Santon

Bigi  Tiote Anita

(here be dragons + the whole Wigan team)

Cisse Ba Jonas

I get a horrible feeling he'll see three at the back as an excuse to play two conventional forwards so we can score, except the rest of the plan won't come off, we'll get swamped and end up losing.

Late night atmospheres are always the best, this is as good a chance of kick-starting our season (someone will win cliche bingo now I've said that)

I love Juve and Italy at the Euros 3 at the back, actually thought with a full strength squad may have been way of accomodating ba and cisse if we'd bought a proper rb, but yeah 3 at the back would just be ultra defensive for this, at home, and we couldn't pull it off.