Newcastle United vs. Wigan Athletic - 03/12/2012 @ 8pm (Sky Sports 1)

TheGuv

-----------------Krul------------------

--Tavernier--Coloccini--Santon----

---------Anita--------Tiote-----------

-------------Bigirimana--------------

Ben Arfa------------------Marveaux

-----------Cisse-----Ba---------------

Whatever :yao:

Guest palnese

I'd be tempted to move Santon to CB and give Fergie a game at LB.

Santon's decent in the air, fairly strong, good with the ball, pace. He's got all the tools to become a decent CB.

I'd be tempted to move Santon to CB and give Fergie a game at LB.

Santon's decent in the air, fairly strong, good with the ball, pace. He's got all the tools to become a decent CB.

His positioning is a bit too suspect to be put at centre back for me. Maybe that's just because he's wide.

Either way, we need him storming up the park. I liked Fergie-Santon on the left but people were getting on Fergie's back then he kept getting subbed off at half time. Reckon it would be useful if he gave them a few games.

I think we'll be up for this one. I also think Pardew has had enough of Williamson. He's getting worse every game. If he's not even winning headers then what is he supposed to do? Perch is a far better passer and has better positional awareness. He's also quicker and more precise in his tackle.

Krul

Simpson Perch Coloccini Santon

Tioté Jonas

Anita

Marveaux    Cissé        Ba

...would be my team.

I think we'll be up for this one. I also think Pardew has had enough of Williamson. He's getting worse every game. If he's not even winning headers then what is he supposed to do? Perch is a far better passer and has better positional awareness. He's also quicker and more precise in his tackle.

Krul

Tioté Jonas

Anita

...would be my team.

Perch is suspended man.. 5th yellow last night

Krul

Tioté Jonas

Anita

...would be my team.

Let's go Willo.

Guest neesy111

Feel like I should go to this even though it's on tv. Team needs some good support at the moment, the moaners and groaners will only add to the current problem.

Could be a seriously uncomfortably watching between fingers freezing cold experience though :lol:

Has to happen on the pitch to get the crowd going.

Was just having a look at the table.

Season isn't dead yet. If we win and manage to pick up some sort of form, things can turn for us.

If Norwich can see off top sides at Carrow Road there's not any reason for us to do the same.

Last night left me with a slight optimisitic feeling that the players and Pardew are maybe coming to grips with what's required of them. Having Coloccini back and getting Tioté back to form will be key.

Win this and get something at Fulham would ease all fears massively.

Has to happen on the pitch to get the crowd going

Ofcourse but it's a two way thing. When a team is confident that's almost a formality but when a team is in a rut like we are at the moment it serves no purpose moaning and griping from the stands. The team needs 100% support from the stands during the match and that goes especially for players like Williamson who while being utterly dire is completely shot of confidence but our only option for monday with Perch suspended. The crowd needs to be patient on monday but sure if they turn in a dire performance and get turned over let it be known "after" the whistle.

Season isn't dead yet. If we win and manage to pick up some sort of form, things can turn for us.

If Norwich can see off top sides at Carrow Road there's not any reason for us to do the same.

Last night left me with a slight optimisitic feeling that the players and Pardew are maybe coming to grips with what's required of them. Having Coloccini back and getting Tioté back to form will be key.

Yeah, I share this feeling a bit, despite the result things were looking better.

Very strange that Colo was basically to blame for both the goals.

Guest neesy111

Yeah, I share this feeling a bit, despite the result things were looking better.

Very strange that Colo was basically to blame for both the goals.

Colo has been very poor recently i.e. Bruges and Liverpool away come to mind, looks like he's lost some pace.  If he's off form then we might need to score at least twice every game to get anything from them.

I wouldn't draw any conclusions from Colo's performances. He was biblical in the Derby before going off.

At Liverpool he played against one of Europe's most in-form strikers. Bruges was poor. His concentration lapses last night were really weird. I think he'll get into it sooner rather than later. The Krul-Colo-Tioté core is essential to our game, we need them playing together for a while now.

I think teams are simply exploiting the one weakness I think he has: the long ball. He's sublime on the deck, but loft the ball over his curls and he's not the tallest nor the fastest to mop it up.

Taylor perfectly complements Coloccini for these reasons imo. They're totally different defenders in what they're good and bad at.

Krul

Tioté Jonas

Anita

...would be my team.

Not according to both the offial premier league site and the BBC.