Newcastle United vs. Man City - 15/12/12 @ 12:45pm (Live on Sky Sports 2)

Wilson

the way we are at the moment, all 11 Man City players could be down tying their boots unaware play was still going on and we'd make a horrible, sloppy mess of it.

It'd probably go in off Williamson :lol:

Guest VanBarduck

Guti Out Marveaux In Please ( GOMIP fundation , you can all adress your donation to Pardew's brain at Benton Training Centre Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 )  :D

Agree Jonas has to be benched and Marveaux has to play. I just hope he can be effective today but we need people moving around him when he's on the ball so City have to concentrate on marking and not just closing him down.

Guest tollemache

Why drop the hardest working defensive player in the team on the day we play Man City who are going to dominate possession and make us chase the ball? Give me a midfield of Jonases and Tiotes please.

First time in a while it feels like an obligation going to the match rather than something that I'm actually excited about. Doesn't help that's its too early/I'm too lazy to have gone for drinks beforehand.

Gonna be s*** this.

if we win im sure you will be drinking afterwards.

I'm all in agreement with people wanting Jonas dropped for Marveaux but not this week.

We are going to be penned into our own half, so we need hard workers in midfield.

However, we need an outlet, I can't see where that will come from. I'd be tempted to play Shola against Kompany and isolate Toùre with Ba.

I'm all in agreement with people wanting Jonas dropped for Marveaux but not this week.

We are going to be penned into our own half, so we need hard workers in midfield.

However, we need an outlet, I can't see where that will come from. I'd be tempted to play Shola against Kompany and isolate Toùre with Ba.

I guess how it depends we are setting up. If we are looking to hold on for a draw then I guess Jonas work-rate defensively will help. If we are looking to try and hit them on the counter or actually attack to score a goal I'd rather have Marveaux there.