Newcastle United vs. Man City - 15/12/12 @ 12:45pm (Live on Sky Sports 2)

Wilson

Guest bimpy474

Perch, Anita, Tiote :lol:

Dont actually mind this tbh, its out wide where we have a centre forward and a player playing so poorly its untrue, and the wide players are where we would need to be creative with that 3 in central midfield.

Jonas's selection on current form is just mental.

Sad thing is, put HBA into that same formation instead of Jonas and it would be pretty close to our strongest lineup.

The dreamboat and HBA make such a difference though.

Indeed, I'm just saying it's a bit harsh to be beating on Pards when he can't really do much else with what he has available. Does anyone really think putting Marv or Fergie in that team instead of Jonas suddenly transforms a negative team into a flowing, attacking one?

Guest bimpy474

It's the 4-3-3 everyone wants, mind.

True but not quite the players we would really want in it.

Two players missing who are injured.

Well yes but i was rather hoping for a couple of buys to go with them, a better RB and or CB, and a LW.

Oh and lovely carpet football :lol:

Really not quite sure what some expected, all week we have been going on about how we are going to get raped. We put out a defensive side and now we are bottling it.

There isn't  a side out of the players we have available I would be remotely confident of getting anything today. I probably would have gone with someone other than Jonas in that position but none of Sammy, Ferguson or Marveaux have consistently shown they are going to do a better job tbh.

It is VERY defensive but today I really don't think attack would have been the best form of defence.

Sad thing is, put HBA into that same formation instead of Jonas and it would be pretty close to our strongest lineup.

Indeed, I'm just saying it's a bit harsh to be beating on Pards when he can't really do much else with what he has available. Does anyone really think putting Marv or Fergie in that team instead of Jonas suddenly transforms a negative team into a flowing, attacking one?

No, I agree with you in a way. Given what he has, there isn't a lot of tinkering he can do to change things at this stage/overnight. Just have to hope we can at least look reasonably solid at the back and hope for the best up front!

Difficult to look solid at the back when you can't keep possession and invite the opposition to stress test your defensive weaknesses though. :(

It's his fault we're such a shite-coached shambles long-term though. Don't think Ferguson/Sammy would make much difference today though, I agree with that much.

Edit: Although I think Marv is the most like-for-like replacement we have for HBA. Even if he has only proved it in the Prem against 10-man Wigan! :lol:

Really not quite sure what some expected, all week we have been going on about how we are going to get raped. We put out a defensive side and now we are bottling it.

There isn't  a side out of the players we have available I would be remotely confident of getting anything today. I probably would have gone with someone other than Jonas in that position but none of Sammy, Ferguson or Marveaux have consistently shown they are going to do a better job tbh.

It is VERY defensive but today I really don't think attack would have been the best form of defence.

It was only yesterday Pardew was going on about having a go at Man City, was it not?

It was only yesterday Pardew was going on about having a go at Man City, was it not?

Well I'm glad he has seen sense :lol:

I don't ever read anything he says in the press tbh, there is absolutely no point.

It makes a big difference, nobody supports a team to watch negative shite and that's what we look like playing.

Guest bimpy474

So.. Are we set up to hit them on the break?

Shame about our criminal lack of pace.

No, to strangle to life out of them until Williamson fucks up and we go 0-1 down. Then we are proper fucked.

Mind games - keep up!

Well I'm glad he has seen sense :lol:

I don't ever read anything he says in the press tbh, there is absolutely no point.

:thup: