Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We absolutely can not allow this to happen.

Where is the respect for the alleged victim?

Would Pardew be happy if he was in the victim's father's shoes?

innocent till proven guilty calm down :coolsmiley:

Love the implication in here that "accused of rape" means "guilty of rape" :lol:

I think there's a little more to it than that in this case.

Yes, it should be arrested on suspicion of being involved in the gang rape of a woman, not yet charged with any offence.

fyp

Forgive my ignorance on matters of arrest etc. he has been arrested on suspicion of this alleged offence, but not charged? Then how is he going to court?

I thought you would need to have a specific charge against you to appear in court??

Genuine question. Sorry if its obvious to some but I don't get it. How can you be on trial for something you haven't even been accused of??

Bit Kafkaesque isn't it.

Arrest is a suspicion. A complaint made by anyone about anything is normally enough for the Police to arrest somebody.

He may not even go to Court as he is yet to be charged. I think he is on police bail until September. If he is then he will either be rebailed to a later date (unlikely), charged, or no further action will be taken.

Arrest is the first stage in bringing a prosecution the police will gather the evidence and send it to the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS). The CPS will decide whether there is enough evidence for a realistic chance of conviction. However post Saville the CPS handle sexual complaints slightly differently. In short because they want victims to come forward they are now treating whatever a complainant says as given, irrespective of any inconsistencies in their account. Therefore there will always be a realistic prospect of conviction on the alleged victims evidence which means there is now probably a decent chance of charge.

That being said the victim in this case has alleged that she was date raped and there may be a number of factors relevant to whether or not Remy is Charged, such as the presence of any date rape drugs in her system, any medical evidence obtained from her vagina incriminating any of the accused etc. It is possible that in the absence of this evidence a decision not to charge may occur. A lot will depend on the specifics of the allegation the complainant has made.

If arrest is stage one charge is stage two. It is the formal laying of charges against a person and it is at this point that somebody would be required to attend Court and a trial would take place.

Ryan to replace Remy in the Championship on their wing.

Aye, similar players tbh.

They are if you used to listen to the Three Legends. I'm sure Malcolm McDonald said something about 'get Ryan Taylor on the wing, running at fullbacks'.

I remember Slaven saying that during Taylor's time at LB.

If he rapes people, he's right up Pardews street.

Who did he make that unfortunate quip about again? I wanna say Heskey, but there's no way he's ever figuratively raped anyone. :lol:

If this is true, I can only think it's a mixture of missing out on all our other targets

Why would you conclude that, when we scouted and tried to buy Remy in the past? IIRC, he was top of our list when we ended up with Gouffran.

Yeah, but since then he's got a police investigation hanging over him. With that uncertainty, we ought to be looking elsewhere.

The worry at the back of my mind is that the Kinnear appointment has publicly raised doubts about Pardew's future. Whether or not that's a fair reflection of the situation of the club is another matter, but things still look uncertain. It might be very difficult to persuade a player to choose us against some competition in that situation, and we might get forced into looking at players who are a bit of a gamble.

Love the implication in here that "accused of rape" means "guilty of rape" :lol:

I think there's a little more to it than that in this case.

Yes, it should be arrested on suspicion of being involved in the gang rape of a woman, not yet charged with any offence.

fyp

Forgive my ignorance on matters of arrest etc. he has been arrested on suspicion of this alleged offence, but not charged? Then how is he going to court?

I thought you would need to have a specific charge against you to appear in court??

Genuine question. Sorry if its obvious to some but I don't get it. How can you be on trial for something you haven't even been accused of??

Bit Kafkaesque isn't it.

Arrest is a suspicion. A complaint made by anyone about anything is normally enough for the Police to arrest somebody.

He may not even go to Court as he is yet to be charged. I think he is on police bail until September. If he is then he will either be rebailed to a later date (unlikely), charged, or no further action will be taken.

Arrest is the first stage in bringing a prosecution the police will gather the evidence and send it to the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS). The CPS will decide whether there is enough evidence for a realistic chance of conviction. However post Saville the CPS handle sexual complaints slightly differently. In short because they want victims to come forward they are now treating whatever a complainant says as given, irrespective of any inconsistencies in their account. Therefore there will always be a realistic prospect of conviction on the alleged victims evidence which means there is now probably a decent chance of charge.

That being said the victim in this case has alleged that she was date raped and there may be a number of factors relevant to whether or not Remy is Charged, such as the presence of any date rape drugs in her system, any medical evidence obtained from her vagina incriminating any of the accused etc. It is possible that in the absence of this evidence a decision not to charge may occur. A lot will depend on the specifics of the allegation the complainant has made.

If arrest is stage one charge is stage two. It is the formal laying of charges against a person and it is at this point that somebody would be required to attend Court and a trial would take place.

Cheers mate. Didn't know that stuff.

:thup:

And hope I never have need of this knowledge personally.

Still a bit of a risk for me.

like the idea about a loan with a mandatory buyout price if no charges etc...depends on who else is sniffing around I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems to have all gone quiet on Remy. Saw West Ham are now linked but seems to be very few rumours about where he could be going compared to at the end of last season.

I assume everyone is cautious due to his rape charge. But I'm guessing that won't be sorted any time soon so is their a chance he will stay at QPR.

I suppose innocent until proven guilty and all that. Would be perfect for us I believe despite all the nonsense that happened in January.

Ah I see. Always thought if they had enough evidence they would just pull you in. But clearly no physical evidence had been found, otherwise would have been an instant charge. Is a dismissal allowed should we take a chance on him (if found guilty of course) or would we be stuck with him? Or could we not put a clause into contract?

Le10sport: As a reminder, according to our information, Newcastle has also submitted a bid of € 10.5 million to QPR for Loic Remy.

Around £6.8m? Nah more like 8-9 i think.

Le10sport: As a reminder, according to our information, Newcastle has also submitted a bid of € 10.5 million to QPR for Loic Remy.

Around £6.8m? Nah more like 8-9 i think.

€10.5m would be £9.03m going by today's exchange rate (€1 = £0.86) . Considering QPR bought him for £8m in January I very much doubt that QPR would be able to make a profit on selling him based on the accusation of rape hanging over him and his high wage. As long as he is innocent of the gang rape he has been accused of being involved in, getting him for less than £8m would be good.