Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seriously. How did he miss that...

thinking about where he will be next season.

Body language lately has definitely seemed off. No idea why. Looks like he doesn't give a s***. Whereas every single player behind him works their bollocks off.

DJ, you talk more s*** than I do and that's probably saying something! Awful comment that over a couple of missed chances to suggest now he doesn't care or give a s***.

One of the only things I've agreed with you saying ever.

Still bullshit, nobody moans when he's scoring about attitude, suddenly misses and wasn't great and his attitude/commitment is played into question. It's like someone said Remy was on the slide under Pardew after one bad game, think it was the Mackem game. He's not world class, he's just a good player in our side who's capable of great spells just as much as the average with a few poor ones thrown in. No need to go overboard on the back of a couple of 'below par' displays shall I say. He plays for us, he will give it his all for us and he wants to score for us whilst he is here, just silly to suggest otherwise.

Should I re-quote myself? Way to stick the boot into someone just because you have some fucking retarded axe to grind with others. So we're not allowed to even throw things out there for discussion? Is this board run by Moses, because it seems every single post one makes is immediately set in stone, and that person can never, ever, retract it and has to live with the shame of the great Brett / whoever-fuck-else acting like it's gospel. Get real, man. And calm the fuck down.

I haven't mentioned chances at all, taken or otherwise. Just something in his demeanour I suppose that I think I've seen... and as I've said before myself, maybe I'm simply reading too much into things. You're most probably correct. Maybe it's his facial expression that is uber-cool, as if nothing fazes him, which could be interpreted either way, I suppose.

Should have had 2, no excuses, it was 2 poor finishes. Even the first he didn't even lift it off the deck which meant the defender just had to stick out an ankle and clear it, at least if he'd lifted it about waist height he would have forced the defender into making a much more difficult stop or handling it. The less said about the second one the better. Atrocious.

The first one is unfortunate, obviously he should score but it's good defending. The second there's obviously no excuse. Awful.

The thing for me is that I have (had) the perception of Remy to be the kind of lethal finisher that always slots home a 100%. When he misses two of those the disappointment gets amplified by my expectations of him

Absolute nonsense about him not working hard today. Saw him tracking back a good few times and was always involved. He missed one very good chance and one absolute sitter, people need to stop reading more into it than that though.

It's not so much him not working hard, but today and also in our last home game he gives up on balls too quick and doesn't chase what he thinks are lost causes that other players do keep chasing/gambling after.

Aye he's shit and doesn't give a shit, hope we get rid tbh

I never said that.

No one is immune from some criticism though, and one aspect of his game that annoys me is how quick he gives up on things, never gambles on what look like lost causes and doesn't chase some balls that it looks like he could get to.

His goals record for us has been fantastic though.

The first one is unfortunate, obviously he should score but it's good defending. The second there's obviously no excuse. Awful.

The first one wasn't unfortunate; he was to busy looking to celebrate before he'd kicked the ball. He got himself a bit off balance and cut the neck off the shot. He was looking to place it inside the post and ended up dragging it to the defender.

Guest Geordiesned

Poor body language? Doesn't give a shit?

Imbecile.

Thank you for your measured, insightful retort to my previous posts.

No problem. It was quite measured actually. :)

Imbecile.

No problem. It was quite measured actually. :)

One of the reasons I'm sure some hesitate to express any kind of opinion or start any debate on this board, people like you. Immediately getting personal and calling another names. Very mature, way to drag us all down with you.

Imbecile.

I thought imbecile was part of the list of things he was calling Remy. :lol:

Seriously. How did he miss that...

thinking about where he will be next season.

Maybe there's a reason no big clubs have been in for him before now. Obviously he's a cracking forward for us, but the CL clubs might be looking for someone more clinical in front of goal, or who gels with the team better. Before anyone blows a gasket, that doesn't mean he's not a top notch forward, but he seems to be an instinctive goal scorer rather than a natural finisher.