Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's a good player who did well in a shite team last season.

However if Liverpool - a team with plenty of attacking and goalscoring options - are concerned enough to pull out of a permanent deal then so should we. If we signed him, he'd be our only forward capable of scoring a decent number of goals (we wouldn't get anyone else) and we simply can't gamble on him being missing for any length of time.

Demba Ba? Though saying that Remy did miss quite a few games last year.

So if Remy begrudgingly comes to us and bags himself another 15 or so, will you still be annoyed the club went for this 'mercenary c***'? You're going on like he's Winston Bogarde.

Yes. Winning games isn't the only thing that matters to some fans.

Hope they bring Shola back for you then. He loves it here.

Poor. Very poor.

Didn't Lallana recently refuse to come into training if he wasn't allowed to move to Liverpool? That's a player who came up through their ranks and that's how he treats them at the first sniff of a bigger club. Point being, I think you just have to accept that that is the way football is today and the way players are. I mean our very own Cabaye refused to play last year when Arsenal showed interest and he is still held in such high regard.

I'm curious what Remy did or said that has soured people on him so much because he was a critical player for us last year. And the fact that people don't want him back is surprising to me, if not outright shocking.

The injury concerns are valid and a good point, I can understand that.

Didn't realise until the other day that Lallana is a lifelong Everton fan, and then said "when I played against Liverpool last season, I knew that was where I wanted to be"

Rancid little turd.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/world-cup-2014-adam-lallana-makes-favela-gaffe-as-he-describes-how-to-be-around-players-like-us-may-be-a-lifechanging-experience-9526139.html

Do we know they wouldn't have done given the opportunity?

There's no difference between them and Remy, they will all pack the bags the minute a better offer comes along. Whether that's financially, sporting or both.

Whether we like it or not that's what we are under Ashley, a stepping stone both financially and sporting. If Remy is a mercenary then so is the entire squad.

Give the opportunity to someone who actually wants to play for the club. They are out there, I noted Nicollin's comments on Cabella, he wanted to come. Remy is injury prone and will miss on average at least a third of the season.  Get someone younger with potential and something to prove.

He wanted to come to put himself in the shop window, don't delude yourself thinking any different.

All these players would leave the minute a better opportunity arises. There's no difference between Remy and the likes of Cabaye, Debuchy and Ba who all left the minute a better position was available to them.

Well except that Remy was never our player anyway, the entire squad would leave if they got a better offer.

None of those players mentioned turned us down for a worse team purely for more money. That's the difference. We knew what Remy was like before he signed.

No one else was in for those players thats why. Debuchy only came coz Cabaye was here, Cabaye wanted out after a season and we all know about the clause stuff with Demba Ba.

There's no difference between them and Remy, they will all pack the bags the minute a better offer comes along. Whether that's financially, sporting or both.

Whether we like it or not that's what we are under Ashley, a stepping stone both financially and sporting. If Remy is a mercenary then so is the entire squad.

Someone playing well enough to earn a move upwards is not the same as someone turning down a team to join a worse, better paying one. Night and day.

Give the opportunity to someone who actually wants to play for the club. They are out there, I noted Nicollin's comments on Cabella, he wanted to come. Remy is injury prone and will miss on average at least a third of the season.  Get someone younger with potential and something to prove.

He wanted to come to put himself in the shop window, don't delude yourself thinking any different.

All these players would leave the minute a better opportunity arises. There's no difference between Remy and the likes of Cabaye, Debuchy and Ba who all left the minute a better position was available to them.

Well except that Remy was never our player anyway, the entire squad would leave if they got a better offer.

None of those players mentioned turned us down for a worse team purely for more money. That's the difference. We knew what Remy was like before he signed.

No one else was in for those players thats why. Debuchy only came coz Cabaye was here, Cabaye wanted out after a season and we all know about the clause stuff with Demba Ba.

So they didn't in fact turn us down to join a worse team for more money? They simply joined better teams eventually after earning it, like what's been happening for a hundred years?

Someone playing well enough to earn a move upwards is not the same as someone turning down a team to join a worse, better paying one. Night and day.

This is something you see rarely because not many clubs the size of QPR have the money they had at the time. If they did, I reckon you'd see Remy scenarios all over the place. Money talks, not just to Loic Remy.

Due to differences in insurance policies, one club's medical may be far more stringent -- or may look for more specific conditions -- than another's. Certain providers have very particular things that must be seen before they'll sign off on a player; it may well be that a medical with us would be perfectly fine.

Although there was this back in January 2013 after initially going to QPR...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/loic-remy-warns-qpr-he-can-1546337

“My profile as a player is that when I’ve got a small problem, things become difficult. It might sound pretentious but the physios say to me that I’m like an F1 car. Whenever I’ve got a small problem, it’s straight into the pits.

“When I’m 100 per cent I can do very good things but when there’s something not right in my head, something bothering me, then it becomes a bit difficult.”

Thinking purely of results. Yes please.

Thinking purely of how quick can Pardew get sacked. No.

:lol: Pardew could take a dump on the boardroom table and they wouldn't even ask him to clean it up. He's untouchable.

Thinking purely of results. Yes please.

Thinking purely of how quick can Pardew get sacked. No.

:lol: Pardew could take a dump on the boardroom table and they wouldn't even ask him to clean it up. He's untouchable.

Little known fact, he had to do that for his initiation.

The sooner football fans realise players' see this as a job - the better. Remy's just like the rest of them - except he's shown he can really play and could play at a higher level. As soon as any of them start to show that consistency in top performances they'll do the same. If Steven Taylor was a world beater he'd be off in a shot.

Reading this thread is making me laugh.

Someone said "none of those players mentioned turned us down for a worse team purely for more money". I've said this many times but we've signed first team regulars from championship winning Lille and fucking Ajax. I'm sure we'd comfortably lose to both teams. Both teams constantly play in the PL.

All these fancy players that join us do so for the money and the opportunity of a big move.