Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's obviously told his teammates he is signing for Newcastle. We have been speaking to him since before Christmas so I would think personal terms have all been agreed on.

Yeah as I said earlier, Barton's tweet seemed a lot more than 'could', sounds like he has said his goodbyes (still trying not to get my hopes up! :lol:)

I was thinking about this on the way home today - Surely, he wouldn't be saying his goodbyes and coming over if he hadn't agreed personal terms already, or if we hadn't agreed terms with his agent(s). Personally, I reckon he's coming over purely for the medical and to give the signature

He's obviously told his teammates he is signing for Newcastle. We have been speaking to him since before Christmas so I would think personal terms have all been agreed on.

Yeah as I said earlier, Barton's tweet seemed a lot more than 'could', sounds like he has said his goodbyes (still trying not to get my hopes up! :lol:)

I was thinking about this on the way home today - Surely, he wouldn't be saying his goodbyes and coming over if he hadn't agreed personal terms already, or if we hadn't agreed terms with his agent(s). Personally, I reckon he's coming over purely for the medical and to give the signature

Same.

He will come over tomorrow, sign Thursday and the Flickr pictures will be dated 14/01 :lol:

Yes I'm pretty confident about this now. Apart from the wide left position which he'll hopefully take up, it will be good to have an alternative to Cisse as well.

If anything I think this transfer will offer a lot more balance to our side. Remy can play CF and either side, I think.

Obviously it was a blow to lose Ba and his goals. However, I can't help but think playing Ba left our side really unbalanced. Cisse totally out of position and Simpson behind him was awful. Having Cisse playing CF, HBA and Remy either side we should appear to be more balanced.

Add a ball playing CB and a power CM such as Diame and I'd be thrilled!

We do tend to ascertain whether a player is interested and whether we can meet their demands fairly early on in negotiations so I'd be surprised if we weren't very close to agreeing terms. The medical could be a stumbling block if our doctors have a different view on his dicky heart.

Doesn't Ashley normally bung the Doc to provide a negative report, in order that he can drive the price down a bit further ?

He has heart problems?

Yeah can hardly walk or breathe, is on all sorts of medication, requires regular hospitalisation and has to live in a rarified atmosphere.

Do you actually think the tight fuckers who run our club would try and sign someone who is healthy and end up having to pay a fair price?

A direct, lightning-quick and strong striker who is actually good with the ball at this feet. Hope there are no hitches, we tie this up quickly, and he should make his full debut in the starting 11 vs Reading. Remy - Cisse - Marv up top with Cabaye, Anita, and Perch in midfield.

If his heart problem was ever going to be a problem he wouldn't be playing football.

Tell that to some of the families of the players that we've lost recently due to heart problems.  :idiot2:

And those were undetected.

If his heart problem was ever a problem then he wouldn't be allowed to play professional football, that is even if he could manage it.