Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

Is it just me or is bimpy completely losing his mind over hoofball at exactly the point when we're, erm you know, not playing that much hoofball anymore? :lol:

No you are correct i'm losing my mind :lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/9754211/Newcastle-striker-Demba-Ba-faces-fine-as-Newcastle-close-in-on-a-transfer-window-move-for-Marseille-forward-Loic-Remy.html

Newcastle striker Demba Ba faces fine as Newcastle close in on a transfer window move for Marseille forward Loïc Rémy

Newcastle could fine Demba Ba for giving an interview in which he admitted he was interested in a move to Arsenal

By Luke Edwards and Jason Burt

11:00PM GMT 18 Dec 2012

As revealed by Telegraph Sport yesterday, Alan Pardew is closing in on the signing of France international striker Loic Rémy from Marseille in a €14 million (£11.4million) deal but is annoyed with Ba’s comments.

Ba’ s future at Newcastle United has been a constant source of speculation since his advisers leaked the existence of a £7 million release clause 12 months ago, but he caused a stir on Tyneside this week when he openly admitted Arsenal were “attractive” to him.

Newcastle are far from happy with the Senegal international, who made his comments on French television, and Pardew will discuss with managing director Derek Llambias what action to take.

Ba also criticised the team’s tactics and, as the interview was not sanctioned by the club’s press department, he is in breach of contract and could be fined two weeks wages, about £90,000.

It remains to be seen whether a player who has been hankering for a move in the last two transfer windows finally leaves, particularly as there are doubts about whether interested clubs will be able to insure him for the value of his £7million release clause because of a long-standing knee problem – but Newcastle appear to have decided they will sign another striker regardless.

Ba was given a final new contract offer by Newcastle last month in a last attempt to remove the clause, but his representatives have not even responded to it and are demanding wages well in excess of Newcastle’s budget.

The club have been scouting the versatile forward since 2010 and were first linked with a move for him in the summer. Although a bid was contemplated, they were given little encouragement by Marseille and did not submit a formal offer.

But, with Newcastle willing to pay the entire fee up front, the French club appear to be willing to sell next month as they will be able to reinvest the money quickly.

However, Newcastle remain wary that news of the negotiations has been leaked to try to spark a bidding war, with Arsenal, Chelsea, Tottenham and Queens Park Rangers all previously linked with the 25 year-old, but it seems Rémy is also keen on the move to Tyneside.

“They are a very good team,” said Rémy. “They are a big club with good players, very good fans and a nice stadium that is always full.

“The window opens in January, and there will be speculation from now until the window closes – if I have to leave then all parties must be happy. I have a contract so let’s wait and see what happens.”

Marseille had been interested in taking one of Newcastle’s players, thought to be Gabriel Obertan, as part of the deal, although this will not happen as manager Alan Pardew does not want to lose anyone.

Newcastle supporters have reacted positively to the news they are trying to sign Rémy, although opinion on Ba is split. Although he has been one of the team’s best players, he is starting to anger many as he is happy to let his advisers engineer a move for him.

The former West Ham forward has scored 11 goals in a team who have struggled with injuries and the drain of a Europa League campaign, but his partnership with Papiss Cissé has not clicked and it is understood the Senegalese pair are finding it difficult to get on.

The arrival of Rémy will be a big boost, with Pardew also hoping to bring in Lille right-back Mathieu Debuchy.

Price seems to be going up. :rolleyes:

Club going on full throttle pr campaign to attack Ba?  Covering their asses when they sell him so they then tell us they had no choice because he was so desperate to leave.

No need, most of us know he's more trouble than he's worth, but I wouldn't be adverse to keeping Ba as well as signing Remy.    Who would lol

Club going on full throttle pr campaign to attack Ba?  Covering their asses when they sell him so they then tell us they had no choice because he was so desperate to leave.

No need, most of us know he's more trouble than he's worth, but I wouldn't be adverse to keeping Ba as well as signing Remy.    Who would lol

So he breaks clubs rules and shouldn't be punished?

Luke Edwards has been shit-stirring about Ba for ages tbh. All of the summer.

You make Edwards sound like some scheming spin doctor on a mission. :lol:

Fair play to him if he has somehow also managed to manipulate Demba into his latest interview, but I think that Ba and his camp being the 'brains' behind the constant drip feed of non committal want-away hints is the more likely angle.

/Hope the kidda stays mind, we need him.

Guest tollemache

Really looking forward to January as I think we'll be pretty active.

Remy in / Ba out is a great piece of business considering the enormous problems we've had accommodating 9 and 19 along with Ba's knee of Damocles. He's exactly the kind of player you want to sell in his prime because his value will plummet like hell at the first sign of decline.

Debuchy is obviously a great player but I'd like to hear talk of a left back. I'd love to see Santon over on the right where he can really let rip. Just a thought but Debuchy is a very capable centre-half (as well as being ok in midfield if required)... Not sure to what extent he's any enthusiasm for playing there but I'm told he's very good at it.

I'm about to go and check but if there isn't a transfer window thread there really should be...

Really looking forward to January as I think we'll be pretty active.

Remy in / Ba out is a great piece of business considering the enormous problems we've had accommodating 9 and 19 along with Ba's knee of Damocles. He's exactly the kind of player you want to sell in his prime because his value will plummet like hell at the first sign of decline.

Debuchy is obviously a great player but I'd like to hear talk of a left back. I'd love to see Santon over on the right where he can really let rip. Just a thought but Debuchy is a very capable centre-half (as well as being ok in midfield if required)... Not sure to what extent he's any enthusiasm for playing there but I'm told he's very good at it.

I'm about to go and check but if there isn't a transfer window thread there really should be...

:lol: