Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You sure? Same quotes in the Mail would suggest it came during the Q and A in the pre match press conference.

From The Mag.

http://www.themag.co.uk/tyne-talk/ba-contract-clause-still-active-as-pardew-targets-agent/

Ba Contract Clause Still Active As Pardew Targets Agent

Thursday 20th September 2012 by Mark Jensen

In the build-up to our game in Madeira, Alan Pardew has surprisingly taken the opportunity to reveal that Demba Ba’s contract clause (widely believed to be a £7m buyout) is still active, rather than having ran out in the transfer window as was reported.

Speaking to journalists ahead of the Maritimo match this is what the manager had to say;

“The situation with him (Demba Ba) is ongoing in terms of his contract, as there is that clause in there and it makes us vulnerable. It is still open, the clause, in the next transfer window.

Sometimes you have to be honest and I don’t think Demba has played particularly well, I don’t think Papiss Cisse has either, so Papiss might miss out next time.. Hopefully we will get a reaction from him too.

At any of the top clubs you see the same thing, Robin Van Persie has missed some big games at Manchester United, it is about what is best for the team”.

I hardly need tell you not to believe everything you read in the papers and it would be interesting to follow the trail back to where exactly the clause disappearing ‘story’ came from but for the here and now, why has Alan Pardew put this in the public arena at this point?

In the summer I think most fans read the situation as follows; Demba Ba was happy to stay but the ‘people around him’ were actively trying to engineer a move due to money (for them!) that would be generated by a sale, throughout the summer the player didn’t do anything to suggest he was looking to move. In fact when Ba returned from his summer break he was keen to rubbish any claims that he was going to move.

Maybe what Alan Pardew also said yesterday tells us why he has spoken out now;

“I’ve told Demba I was disappointed with some of the comments around him but I will not let the words of anyone affect what I consider to be my good relationship with the player. I just think the agent stuff was people saying things they shouldn’t say”.

I think we are dealing with two different situations here, yes I think Ba is undoubtedly annoyed that he was on the bench and also he doesn’t want to play wide left.

However, the other part of the equation appears to be the agent(s) taking advantage of this to try and force a move elsewhere to activate their contract clause cash.

Not for the first time I think Alan Pardew is cleverly using the press to get this out into the open and that the big problem is with the people around Demba Ba and not the player himself.

Well why dont you just post the exact question seeing as you clearly know what it was?

Because it was back in September and I can't remember what the exact question was.  I just remember him being asked about what the agent or agents had been saying and then the clause seemed to come out mid-sentence.

Well why dont you just post the exact question seeing as you clearly know what it was?

Because it was back in September and I can't remember what the exact question was.  I just remember him being asked about what the agent or agents had been saying and then the clause seemed to come out mid-sentence.

That's how i interprate it as well.

Guest Roger Kint

Fair enough if you dont know. I will go back to believing what i want i guess. Doesnt make any sense as i said.

He admitted back in September – unprompted – that a release clause was still in the striker’s contract and that Newcastle are “vulnerable” to predatory clubs

:lol: Wonder why he's shamelessly trying to sell some of our most important players in every window. Nobody is safe from "get 'em while they're hot" Pardew.

Guest Roger Kint

Call me crazy but there is no question there like i asked  :undecided:

You said "Given that Pardew said it in a post match press conference after the Everton game."

Fucks sake, you really are so desperate to appoint blame at the club that you will jump on any minor thing. The interview was between Everton away and Maritimo, a space of two bloody days its hardly relevant whether it was post/pre match is it?

So has anything extra been said about Remy?

Highly doubt we will sign him.

I wouldn't be surprised if Liverpool or Arsenal don't go for him instead. I can't see either club stumping up £7m for Ba no matter how many times Pardew advertises the release clause is still valid.

Guest Roger Kint

So has anything extra been said about Remy?

Highly doubt we will sign him.

Based on the Auclair interview i am fairly confident. Being us though there bound to be umpteen setbacks :lol:

ffs man. does it really matter that pardew mentioned it (the clause) in the press asked or not ? does anyone really think that that was first that those in charge at other clubs heard about it ? it may be news to us bit i'd guess it was well known on the inside of the football world like cabayes clause that got him here, like ba's that got him here.

f***s sake, you really are so desperate to appoint blame at the club that you will jump on any minor thing. The interview was between Everton away and Maritimo, a space of two bloody days its hardly relevant whether it was post/pre match is it?

You and skirge were the ones who were trying to appoint blame.

You were agreeing with Skirge that Redknapp was to blame for the clause being made public, I’ve pointed out, and so have others, that Pardew was the one who made it public after all of us though that it had expired and you can’t seem to handle it.

You said “This wouldnt be a story without Saggychops doing his usual tricks, his advisors also shoulder the blame for touting him everywhere since mind, dont particularly blame Ba for wanting to better himself but not by talking about it like he has.”

ffs man. does it really matter that pardew mentioned it (the clause) in the press asked or not ? does anyone really think that that was first that those in charge at other clubs heard about it ? it may be news to us bit i'd guess it was well known on the inside of the football world like cabayes clause that got him here, like ba's that got him here.

"mentioned" is one thing and "continually mentioning" is another thing. Same with how he tries to sell Tiote for no reason.

Exactly.

Get Carter ITV4 ten o' clock tonight.

Not relevant but more useful than most of the other irrelevant stuff in here.

Was that not last night ?

Fuck I hope not!

Which side of the International Dateline are you on ?

:lol:

if was deffo on last night like, no time difference between Fenham & Benwell :D

Either way, the correct answer to any question put to Pardew is "I will not discuss the details of any player's contracts." I thought he'd been trained for interviews.