Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can't see the Arsenal thing happening unless Walcott goes.

They bought in Giroud and Podolski over the summer for big money (relative to Arsenal, at least). They also have Gervinho, Ox and Chamakh. Plus Walcott looks like sticking around if he is given the central-striking role. That's six forward men - plus Arsene occasionally plays Ramsey higher up (god knows why, he's so unreliable post-injury).

The fans really want to keep Walcott and I think Wenger/Arsene's negotiating team will concede to the terms he asks for personally.

More worried abour QPR/Chelsea.

I can't see Chelsea signing Ba, they'll want a bigger name.

Selling Sturridge and Torres' unreliable form guarantees Chelsea will make a move in the winter, though.

They have one out and out striker, and they're fucking crazy, let's face it. Wouldn't be surprised if they went after Falcao, Ba and Fellaini.

Falcao won't leave Atlético until the summer. And is Fellaini really a striker now?

Can't think of many gettable proven strikers for this January window, to be honest. So purchasing Ba might be realistic.

He might go über-nuts and buy somebody like Neymar or Higuaín; fuck knows with Roman.

Falcao won't leave Atlético until the summer. And is Fellaini really a striker now?

Can't think of many gettable proven strikers for this January window, to be honest. So purchasing Ba might be realistic.

He might go über-nuts and buy somebody like Neymar or Higuaín; fuck knows with Roman.

Why the summer? I think if the offer was big enough they'd part with him now. Fellaini isn't your typical striker, but he would play further forward than all but Torres, I think. As you say though, heaven knows what they'll actually do. They might buy Van Persie :cheesy:

If Atlético sold Falcao now, in their first successful league season since the dinosaurs were about and on course of finishing above Real Madrid, the entire board would be hanged in the morning. Endangering CL qualification for just getting €60m now instead of the summer would be a terribly stupid risk.

Agree with all this really. This wouldnt be a story without Saggychops doing his usual tricks, his advisors also shoulder the blame for touting him everywhere since mind, dont particularly blame Ba for wanting to better himself but not by talking about it like he has.

The story was over after the summer transfer window, Pardew was the one who mentioned that he still had a clause in his contract.

Agree with all this really. This wouldnt be a story without Saggychops doing his usual tricks, his advisors also shoulder the blame for touting him everywhere since mind, dont particularly blame Ba for wanting to better himself but not by talking about it like he has.

The story was over after the summer transfer window, Pardew was the one who mentioned that he still had a clause in his contract.

Was saying this earlier in the thread, was no need for it.  But someone pointed out he was asked directly?

Unless it was in the Demba thread.

He had no choice when harry was banging on about it in the summer, but then he came out and said it would be there again in January, not sure if i missed it but fairly sure there was nothing said about that in the media or elsewhere till Pardew mentioned it.  He is a gobshite like.  Although I don't think he's being pushed out :lol: Some people really have been made paranoid over the past couple of years.

Paranoid? It's not paranoia, it's the way it's been. Look back at the Carroll fiasco and the conflicting stories that came out from that, Enrique leaving etc (though that was more to do with the player wanting away).

Still can't help but feel that Ba's been critical of the board / AP over his contract rejection, team tactics and saying that being at another club would be a dream - and this is probably the fall out from it. Ashley and Dekka are spiteful bastards man, we know how this goes

Was saying this earlier in the thread, was no need for it.  But someone pointed out he was asked directly?

Unless it was in the Demba thread.

I don't remember how it came out but thought that it was mentioned after one of our games and remember it came out of the blue, I do remember being surprised that it he actually came out with it. 

Guest Roger Kint

I refuse to believe that he just came out and said it out of the blue without any journo directly asking him.

I've found it, Pardew mentioned it after his agent kicked off when Ba was left on the bench.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19655578

Demba Ba: Alan Pardew admits striker could leave in January

By Ben Smith

BBC Sport Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has admitted last season's top scorer Demba Ba could leave the club for £7m in January.

The 27-year-old Senegal striker is believed to be frustrated at his current role at the club and talks over a new contract have reached an impasse.

It was thought Ba's £7m buy-out clause expired on 31 July, but Pardew revealed it is still active in the new year.

"There is that clause in his contract and it makes us vulnerable, " he said. "It's still open in the next window."

The former West Ham striker's absence from the squad that travelled to Portugal for Thursday's Europa League tie with Maritimo is not linked directly to the ongoing situation.

Newcastle are, however, exasperated by comments made by his agent Alex Gontran on Tuesday which suggested his client might seek a move away if he continues to play second fiddle to Senegal team-mate Papiss Cisse in the Magpies' attack.

Pardew revealed he held talks with Ba before the squad left for Portugal and stressed that such statements would not be tolerated and that he wanted Ba to remain at the club.

"'I have spoken to Demba [about his agent] and told him I was disappointed with some of the comments around him," Pardew added.

"Sometimes it's out of his control and out of my control.

"But we know each other well enough, and I've got no problems with him, because he is a team player who wants to do his best for the team. He has always been like that.

"I just think the agent stuff was people saying things they shouldn't say, really. It doesn't really affect myself and Demba, because we've got a very good relationship."

Ba's frustration is believed to stem from the second half of last season, when he was regularly deployed on the left to accommodate fellow Senegal international Cisse, who was signed from Freiberg in January.

Despite starting the new season in his favoured position through the middle, Ba expressed his displeasure at being a substitute for Monday's 2-2 draw at Everton, where he came off the bench to score both goals.

He had no choice when harry was banging on about it in the summer, but then he came out and said it would be there again in January, not sure if i missed it but fairly sure there was nothing said about that in the media or elsewhere till Pardew mentioned it.  He is a gobshite like.  Although I don't think he's being pushed out :lol: Some people really have been made paranoid over the past couple of years.

Paranoid? It's not paranoia, it's the way it's been. Look back at the Carroll fiasco and the conflicting stories that came out from that, Enrique leaving etc (though that was more to do with the player wanting away).

Still can't help but feel that Ba's been critical of the board / AP over his contract rejection, team tactics and saying that being at another club would be a dream - and this is probably the fall out from it. Ashley and Dekka are spiteful bastards man, we know how this goes

Yes I think it's paranoia,  think there's more things pointing to Ba wanting, well not so much wanting...but happy to leave(?) rather than him being pushed, there's nothing to say that.  We'd be the party losing out if Ba was to leave, especially as we'd then have to find a replacement.  Sure Mike would actually rather keep Ba than fork out for Remy for example and it's not like we'd be getting silly money a la 'the Carroll fiasco'.

I just don't see any reasons why we'd be trying to shift him.

He just doesn't look like a Wenger signing to me. He always goes for either players based abroad (Chamakh, Gervinho, Podolski, Giroud, Bendtner, Cazorla) or young hot prospects (Walcott, Chamberlain).

Wenger has always had - to me - this vanity approach to signings where he can lay credit to having "discovered" a player instead of buying established PL players that everybody knows.

Like the ones he "discovers" in your youth teams?

Guest Roger Kint

I refuse to believe that he just came out and said it out of the blue without any journo directly asking him.

You can believe what you want.

I can thats true, just as you can believe whatever line makes the club to be in the wrong at all times as usual.

Given that Pardew said it in a post match press conference after the Everton game and that such affairs work on a question and answer basis the idea that Pardew just spat out such a statement is pretty daft reasoning isnt it?

'Hey Alan you were a bit lucky to get a point there werent you?' Sure we were, thankfully Ba came off the bench to score two, he will be a great signing for someone in the January window when the clause all of you thought had expired suddenly becomes active again'

Aye seems legit........

I can thats true, just as you can believe whatever line makes the club to be in the wrong at all times as usual.

Given that Pardew said it in a post match press conference after the Everton game and that such affairs work on a question and answer basis the idea that Pardew just spat out such a statement is pretty daft reasoning isnt it?

'Hey Alan you were a bit lucky to get a point there werent you?' Sure we were, thankfully Ba came off the bench to score two, he will be a great signing for someone in the January window when the clause all of you thought had expired suddenly becomes active again'

Aye seems legit........

The clause came out during an interview with the BBC, it wasn't a written press interview and it was before the Maritimo game.

Guest Roger Kint

Aye seems legit........

The clause came out during an interview with the BBC, it wasn't a written press interview and it was before the Maritimo game.

How does that change what i said in any way? Are you suggesting the BBC just gave him a microphone and said start randomly talking please?

The fact you understand it was asked in an interview suggests you know what i said mind.

Aye seems legit........

You sure? Same quotes in the Mail would suggest it came during the Q and A in the pre match press conference.

Guest Roger Kint

Aye seems legit........

You sure? Same quotes in the Mail would suggest it came during the Q and A in the pre match press conference.

Either way an 'interview' involves questions and answers regardless of when it was :lol:

Aye seems legit........

Either way an 'interview' involves questions and answers regardless of when it was :lol:

Well, aye. :lol:

How does that change what i said in any way? Are you suggesting the BBC just gave him a microphone and said start randomly talking please?

The fact you understand it was asked in an interview suggests you know what i said mind.

He was asked about comments that Ba's agents had made about him not starting against Everton, the question had nothing to do with the clause in his contract.

Guest Roger Kint

He was asked about comments that Ba's agents had made about him not starting against Everton, the question had nothing to do with the clause in his contract.

Well why dont you just post the exact question seeing as you clearly know what it was?