Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2262358/Loic-Remy-join-QPR-Newcastle-deal-hijacked.html

Queens Park Rangers have hijacked Loic Remy’s move to the Barclays Premier League and swooped to steal the France international from under Newcastle United’s noses in an £8million move.

And Hoops boss Harry Redknapp is hoping to secure another £8million deal for Rennes’ midfielder Yann M'Vila who is also believed to be on his way to Loftus Road in the next 24 hours.

Sad state of affairs when Newcastle United can't compete on wages with Queens Park Rangers. :undecided: Not that I'm saying we should in this case like.

You can say that about every other case. We reportedly couldn't give Ba, one of the top strikers in the country, the very reasonable 60/70k he wanted, now we can't compete with f***ing QPR for his replacement. It's the same story for transfer fees, where we are being massively outspent by most other Premiership clubs. Ashley's business model has its merits, but it's also holding us back massively when it comes to realising our potential.

I doubt that's true. Misrepresenting the facts isn't going to help any.

There you go sir:

http://i.imgur.com/bBUiA.jpg

Source?, the numbers look very odd even at first glance.

http://transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/transfer-league-table-last-five-seasons.html

All the transfers are there. Knock yourself out.

Guest bimpy474

I think the mass depression that has hit the place, is rather to do with us knowing (not really but) that we wont have a back up ready.

Just think of the joy if we do though, it'll be a proper GIF delight.

Or that if we do have a back up he'll be pretty shit.

Nah, Shola has that covered :lol:

http://www.nufcfans.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/nufcfans_cabaye_debuchy_embrace_newcastle_united.jpg

Chill. We got this.

A couple of good looking mincers isn't gonna sort this

Of course, Remy's their mate. Dreamboat will sort this.

Still feels to me like we're letting the deal go on stubbornness/principals. We're in a desperate situation in January of a relegation threatened season which is caused by their stubbornness in the first place, letting another signing and subsequently window go will be disasterous IMO.

Look at the quotes from Ben Arfa today, if the ambition is there he is on board otherwise he's off and he'll not be the only player with the same ultimatum. For once we need to just go and get our targets, fill the squad gaps and stop fucking about. Look at that net spend table for fuck's sake, it's a joke. The lack of apparent alternatives out there in the market is worrying too.

Guest bimpy474

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2262358/Loic-Remy-join-QPR-Newcastle-deal-hijacked.html

Queens Park Rangers have hijacked Loic Remy’s move to the Barclays Premier League and swooped to steal the France international from under Newcastle United’s noses in an £8million move.

And Hoops boss Harry Redknapp is hoping to secure another £8million deal for Rennes’ midfielder Yann M'Vila who is also believed to be on his way to Loftus Road in the next 24 hours.

Arry is such lying arsehole though, can't pay daft wages and only £7m to spend.

http://www.nufcfans.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/nufcfans_cabaye_debuchy_embrace_newcastle_united.jpg

Chill. We got this.

A couple of good looking mincers isn't gonna sort this

Of course, Remy's their mate. Dreamboat will sort this.

Even the thought of being sandwiched between them two batty boys isn't gonna stop that rent boy picking up his 80 grand a week. If only Pards had slipped him one

He should have told everyone how much they really had to spend on players.

Guest bimpy474

He should have told everyone how much they really had to spend on players.

Or said nothing, rather like Pardew on the spewing front.

Sad state of affairs when Newcastle United can't compete on wages with Queens Park Rangers. :undecided: Not that I'm saying we should in this case like.

You can say that about every other case. We reportedly couldn't give Ba, one of the top strikers in the country, the very reasonable 60/70k he wanted, now we can't compete with f***ing QPR for his replacement. It's the same story for transfer fees, where we are being massively outspent by most other Premiership clubs. Ashley's business model has its merits, but it's also holding us back massively when it comes to realising our potential.

Source?

Tell me, who else in this league would offer Remy £80k+?  You're going on as if QPR are one of the lesser paying clubs and we can't even compete with them, bollocks quite frankly.

It's not bollocks. I reckon a club like Sunderland vastly outspends us terms of wage total and maximum wage their structure will allow.

So you believe Sunderland would match QPR's offer?  QPR are currently one of the most mental teams in the league for offering crazy wages and clauses, yet you're talking as if it should be easy to compete with them.  We can offer those wages, we can do that if we wanted, but its a f***ing stupid thing to do.

Yes, I don't think Sunderland would have much trouble spending 80k/week for their number one striker, especially if they could get somebody of his quality. They spent a combined 25 million or so on Adam Johnson and Steven fucking Fletcher six months ago.

What SKY should ask:

"Harry you stated that QPR were paying far too much in player wages and also stated that you only had enough transfer money - debt funded I might add - to sign one player in the region of £7m.  What changed?"

Reality:

"Fuckin' buzzin me old wheeler dealer mukka.  Talk us through your genius."

you sound surprised :lol: this is the bloke who had a bank account in his dogs name

No way will they go down with Remy and M'Vila, they'll force their way out of it.

Be class if they do though, will piss myself at the thought of them going down with all that debt. Will be difficult for any player going there I imagine as they have a lot of journey men and just not very good players.

If we fuck this window up and come out of it still short, we deserve to go down. There comes a point where you have to put ideals to the side, like now for instance, when those ideals have fucking led us to this desperate point.

I doubt that's true. Misrepresenting the facts isn't going to help any.

There you go sir:

http://i.imgur.com/bBUiA.jpg

That's transfer fees only though isn't it? You were mentioning wages in your first sentence. Does that figure still hold if you take those into account?

What the fuck, you bolded a section and outright questioned its validity. Now you change your question. I don't have a ready graph that takes wages into account no. What I do know is our wages to turnover is one of the lowest in the league at the moment, which isn't bad in itself but it is obviously hurting us when we can't even compete with QPR for wages or offer our top scorer the going rate for a top Premiership striker. I don't think anybody can argue with that really..

Oh right. I should have realised you only wanted to discuss transfer fees and NOT include other significant expenses like wages because you wanted to make a daft point using partial truths. My bad.

Guest neesy111

For the sake of maybe £500k a year, i can't believe we've lost this lad to QPR.

It could be the difference of fat boy losing £50million or whatever it will be next season.

500k a year, it's a bit more than that. :lol: