Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just found out that his agent is actually Frederic Guerra, the same man who represented Ollie Bernard back in the day. He acted a cunt then and he has over this, officially going on my hate list that bloke.

He's not, thats his old agent.

I doubt he'd even have heard if QPR before the summer. Sickening that a tin pot club can just go and spend willy nilly, despite having nowhere near enough resources to really fund it. I always assumed that FFP wouldn't come down on the big boys but would impact the lower level clubs that do overspend like QPR, going off comments on here tonight however, it seems I was mistaken. Absolute farce.

They haven't come into effect yet so we really don't know exactly how they'll affect any club.

it has, Malaga kicked out of europe for one season and fined €350k odd which I find a strange punishment when finances are bad to begin with

They haven't reviewed this league yet based on all the current years financials though surely?

no that part is ongoing as far as I'm aware but it will mean fuck all, see all the sudden huge sponsorships PSG Chelsea and City are pulling from shockingly enough companys located where the owners of the respective clubs are from

There's a difference between it been 100% effective and meaning fuck all though.  For instance none of those sponsorship deals are anywhere near inflated enough to allow any of these clubs to continue to spend whatever they want.

EDIT: The SUN, what can I say, I don't have the words to describe the contempt I have for that fucking rag.

It's going to be annoying reading/listening to the media lick Harry's arse and make it sound like he used his "charm" to get him to sign

They are offering daft money to players and it will come back to bite the club on its arse, though Harry won't give a s*** as he will be long gone by then

This is fucked up, this is seriously fucked UP. Wow. Harry is a fucking wheelin' dealin' cunt, a bigger cunt than we ever knew. Loic Remy, sure, but to sign M'VILLA as well?! What the fuck. Think they're gonna stay up? Those are two fantastic fucking signings, money or otherwise. I didn't see either of them coming, especially the latter.

Honestly don't know why anyone is surprised by this - also, the slating of Redknapp is just about funny...

Football is a dog-eat-dog business and we have been here before...back in the 70s, Dinnis had 2 Irish players lined up to sign and we were playing their club, Bohemians, in the Uefa that night at SJP.

Tommy Docherty, manager of Derby at the time, actually pinched them from under our noses before Dinnis could sign them. Then we had Sunderland, run by McMenemy at the time, pinching Alan Kennedy from under our noses when we had set up a deal to bring him back from Liverpool in 1985.

If we had grabbed a player that QPR were on the brink of signing, nobody on here would have been whinging about Pardew's sneaky antics and would have laughed at any outrage expressed by QPR fans....

Redknapp was able to get the player(s) because his club were able and willing to pay more wages - that's business and that's life.

Newcastle United are a club punching below their weight and because of that, they will ALWAYS be in the same position of making do and mend because there is no way Ashley is going to budge from his policies. These things are like an avalanche - get some momentum going and you pick up more ; that applies to both success and failure. The club failed to invest in the summer and are now going to find it much more difficult to attract better players because both the lack of ambition and the league position are a deterrent.....had we pushed on and been higher in the league we would have been more of a target destination for decent players.

This is also likely to cause players like Cabaye and HBA to re-think their futures at SJP unless we manage to get some better players. Personally, I had a number of questions about Remy and both his commitment and fitness but that remains to be seen and if he comes off for QPR good luck to them - life and football is about taking shrewd gambles and that is what they have done.

It is clear enough to a blind man now that we are always going to struggle to get top players if we have to compete with most PL club's wages so we are going to be a selling club.

That is a disgrace for a club with the support of NUFC and I will never be convinced that the club will approach anything like consistent success(i.e., Top 6 regularly, winning a trophy) whilst Ashley and Llambias are at the club.

Kevin Keegan laid the blame firmly at their door in his recent ESPN interview and whilst I thought he was far too quick to excuse Pardew from any blame for the club's position, he was essentially correct in what he said.

Get used to it - if you are happy with the way the club is being run it is pointless to complain about things like this - the fault lies at our own door and that of greedy players, not with Rednapp, QPR, Chelsea or Man City etc

Honestly don't know why anyone is surprised by this - also, the slating of Redknapp is just about funny...

Football is a dog-eat-dog business and we have been here before...back in the 70s, Dinnis had 2 Irish players lined up to sign and we were playing their club, Bohemians, in the Uefa that night at SJP.

Tommy Docherty, manager of Derby at the time, actually pinched them from under our noses before Dinnis could sign them. Then we had Sunderland, run by McMenemy at the time, pinching Alan Kennedy from under our noses when we had set up a deal to bring him back from Liverpool in 1985.

If we had grabbed a player that QPR were on the brink of signing, nobody on here would have been whinging about Pardew's sneaky antics and would have laughed at any outrage expressed by QPR fans....

Redknapp was able to get the player(s) because his club were able and willing to pay more wages - that's business and that's life.

Newcastle United are a club punching below their weight and because of that, they will ALWAYS be in the same position of making do and mend because there is no way Ashley is going to budge from his policies. These things are like an avalanche - get some momentum going and you pick up more ; that applies to both success and failure. The club failed to invest in the summer and are now going to find it much more difficult to attract better players because both the lack of ambition and the league position are a deterrent.....had we pushed on and been higher in the league we would have been more of a target destination for decent players.

This is also likely to cause players like Cabaye and HBA to re-think their futures at SJP unless we manage to get some better players. Personally, I had a number of questions about Remy and both his commitment and fitness but that remains to be seen and if he comes off for QPR good luck to them - life and football is about taking shrewd gambles and that is what they have done.

It is clear enough to a blind man now that we are always going to struggle to get top players if we have to compete with most PL club's wages so we are going to be a selling club.

That is a disgrace for a club with the support of NUFC and I will never be convinced that the club will approach anything like consistent success(i.e., Top 6 regularly, winning a trophy) whilst Ashley and Llambias are at the club.

Kevin Keegan laid the blame firmly at their door in his recent ESPN interview and whilst I thought he was far too quick to excuse Pardew from any blame for the club's position, he was essentially correct in what he said.

Get used to it - if you are happy with the way the club is being run it is pointless to complain about things like this - the fault lies at our own door and that of greedy players, not with Rednapp, QPR, Chelsea or Man City etc

Very wise words there, well said indeed.

Love your post Merlin...

:lol: there you go making me feel like a mug for being so angry.

Why are people complaining about him choosing money over coming to us? Who's more likely to have success? The club willing to pay top money or the club that isn't? Is he suppose to come to us and think to himself that we're more likely to be successful when we always always lower wages? Come on. Get real. Clubs that offer the most money get the best players. If QPR offer the most money to the best players, players will come and play for them, and they will be more successful than us. If their owner is willing to subsidise them then it's fair enough.

Let's not kid ourselves and say he chose money over us. He chose money and the potential of success over us, a choice that given to any other footballer would be the same. You tellin me Ben Arfa will stay with us long term if Chelsea offer him 100k/pw? QPR are, at the moment, far away from Chelsea, but if they keep on offering top dollar to talented players then they'll end up being closer to Chelsea than we are.

I'm disappointed in him choosing them over us but it's really reflective of the way the game is structured at the moment. On the one hand, clubs that try to operate with a sensible financial model like us are screwed. But on the other hand, if QPR couldn't do this, they'd already be consigned to relegation, which also isn't fair. If they can and want to pay, let them pay. If FFP comes in hard, it will lock away the top league positions forever because clubs like us and them will never be able to generate enough revenue to compete with Arsenal and Man Utd. And how are most clubs supposed to build big enough stadiums to bring in more revenue when all they're doing is competing for 8th? It's a vicious circle. If we weren't being fucked over, I would say well done to QPR because they're doing what they have to do to survive.

I don't mind us missing out on a star player who wants more than we can afford and more than we were prepared to give Demba Ba with his proven goal record. Well I do mind, but its more a worry about us having all our eggs in this particular basket and a game we really should be winning just days away.

I definitely do mind us not having better non-star players who we can afford and trying to make do with a second XI of players who are clearly not ready or not good enough. The "oh we've had injuries" is thinnest of excuses. In modern football its a certainty that you'll get them. The days of Villa winning the league with 15 players are long gone.

I don't even consider a striker as the top priority this window, but fuck - i'll be foaming if we don't get someone else in - on principle if nothing else. It's fairly pitiful in itself that we've only invested £8m into the striking department since Carroll's departure; whilst in the mean time saying cheerio to Best, Lovenkrands, Nolan (not a striker but a goalscorer), Kuqi (:pow:) and now Ba. We must have had somebody else lined-up in case Remy failed a medical/succumbed to some cockney cunt's sweaty wodge of cash.

Assuming (hopefully) that we do; possibly Erdinc? There were reports of a delegation going over there just recently, wasn't there?

Even just somebody relatively cheap to occupy the bench; a better alternative to Shola. And not some bargain basement League 1 freebie.