Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aye, but if its a loan deal with 'must buy for £6m in January if not guilty' as a clause then he might accept that, nobody will pay the money when he might get put in the big house and rightly so

Nice to see that there's definite interest from NUFC and you've made a bid, was bummed when you missed on him since I think it'd be a brilliant addition to your squad, and has already proven he can do business the PL :thup:

Yeah I was worried we weren't going to bother with the whole court case business. Glad to see we apparently are. I think he would add the most to our side out of everyone we have been linked with this summer.

Aye, but if its a loan deal with 'must buy for £6m in January if not guilty' as a clause then he might accept that, nobody will pay the money when he might get put in the big house and rightly so

Only NUFC would stick a clause like that in a contract :lol:

Only NUFC would stick a clause like that in a contract :lol:

It's a fair clause though. No club will risk spending millions on a player with a potential court case hanging over his head. Loan with a view to buy is the best option for both buying and selling clubs as well as the player.

Guest frazernufc

Isnt a relegation release clause only viable for the first transfer window? or am i mistaken. So if we get him on loan they could set a higher future fee than his current transfer clause?

Isnt a relegation release clause only viable for the first transfer window? or am i mistaken. So if we get him on loan they could set a higher future fee than his current transfer clause?

They could if we don't buy him outright. But then they will risk pissing interested clubs off and deal with the risk that he's found guilty and the investment in him going tits up.

Reckon they will go along with his release clause fee.

Loan until January would be best, they are not going to loan him to us for a season and then sell for the release clause fee if they win promotion.

His criminal case will be sorted by January then we can pay the fee or send him back depending on the outcome.

I am against the signing because I don't want to sign a player that previously rejected us in 11th hour for higher pay.

But I couldn't deny it would be a brilliant deal if we could get him on loan, subject to the court case results. 

They could if we don't buy him outright. But then they will risk pissing interested clubs off and deal with the risk that he's found guilty and the investment in him going tits up.

Most likely a buyout clause will be written in the loan contract, surely?

Most likely a buyout clause will be written in the loan contract, surely?

Should have made it clearer. I meant buyout clause = release clause, with it being mandatory if guy is found innocent.