Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OMW - Gone from apathetic to getting pretty excited for the season.....

whoooodathunkit

I'd still like another 2 players, one more striker/forward, one winger who can oust Obertan and Jonas.

Gomis and Thauvin/Ince :)

Loic Remy deal all but confirmed, Bafetimbi Gomis remains in France

Loic Remy has arrived in Newcastle to complete a medical before signing a one year loan deal with the Magpies from QPR with an option to buy.

We understand that there is a buy out clause in the contract for €11m (Around £9.5m) which Newcastle can activate at any time during the player’s one year stay at the club.

Newcastle will pay a £2m loan fee and they are expected to cover all of his £2m a year wages, although the latter piece of information is unconfirmed.

Bafetimbi Gomis remains in France as he awaits minor details for his transfer from Lyon to Newcastle for €10m to be completed (€8m + €2m add ons). Get French Football News has learnt that there will be a meeting, potentially via phone, to attempt to get past the current agent issues later today.

There remains competition from Marseille and one other Premier League club and should either of those sides offer more than the proposed €10m from Newcastle then Lyon will pull the deal with the Magpies. As far as we are concerned, Marseille are yet to make an approach for Gomis and have by no means agreed wages for him.

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France 40s

Whether or not #Newcastle make it official today or not is anybody's guess regarding #Remy. We repeat he has not signed contract yet. #QPR

Erm, we can't make it official lads if he hasnt signed the contract.

Full Online Seasons on FIFA to play first, JFK using the two button configuration, Pards in the corner looking longingly at pictures of Darren Bent on the iPad causing lag, before its announced.

:lol:

Against the lesser teams and most home games i'd reaaaally like to see a front four with:

Cissé

Remy        Marveaux  Ben Arfa

Two sitting midfielders at home to s*** teams, aye that'll show them.

Has he even played LW much or is he automatically being turned in to a trend inverted forward?

Who said anything about two sitting midfielders? And i wouldn't play either of HBA/Remy as wingers, more like wide forwards.

What else you going to have behind that front 4? Wing backs? 3-3-3-1?

No, no, he needs to sign over the line.

L

O    R

Signed (player).............I......E.................................................

C      M

Y 

like that surely..

On paper I'd go with this:

Krul

Debuchy.      Mbiwa.        Coloccini.      Santon

Sissoko.      Cabaye    Marveaux

HBA.                Cisse.          Remy

Loic Remy deal all but confirmed, Bafetimbi Gomis remains in France

Loic Remy has arrived in Newcastle to complete a medical before signing a one year loan deal with the Magpies from QPR with an option to buy.

We understand that there is a buy out clause in the contract for €11m (Around £9.5m) which Newcastle can activate at any time during the player’s one year stay at the club.

Newcastle will pay a £2m loan fee and they are expected to cover all of his £2m a year wages, although the latter piece of information is unconfirmed.

Bafetimbi Gomis remains in France as he awaits minor details for his transfer from Lyon to Newcastle for €10m to be completed (€8m + €2m add ons). Get French Football News has learnt that there will be a meeting, potentially via phone, to attempt to get past the current agent issues later today.

There remains competition from Marseille and one other Premier League club and should either of those sides offer more than the proposed €10m from Newcastle then Lyon will pull the deal with the Magpies. As far as we are concerned, Marseille are yet to make an approach for Gomis and have by no means agreed wages for him.

£2m a year would only be £38k a week, I suppose they must be talking about wages after tax.  If so I don't see any chance of us paying him nearly 80k a week.  Also £9.5m for his buy out clause?, that's significantly higher than rumoured.

Krul

Taylor in for Mbiwa and that's one hell of a side.

Krul

That's outrageously attacking and extremely unlikely to ever happen. Looks mouthwatering like.

Krul

Quite small even with Taylor in there. We might have a few issues defending from set pieces.

Krul

Quite small even with Taylor in there. We might have a few issues defending from set pieces.

I'd be more concerned with crosses than set pieces, you can defend set pieces with a small team if done right.

Crosses from open play is a little different as people can be caught out of position at any moment.