Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's twice the striker Gouffran will ever be, and so much more clinical. I think the idea in playing him as the front man, was to finish our few chances on the break. That they never materialised isn't his fault. But, I understood the selection.

Thing is Remy is so much more effective than Gouffran as a wide player.... he can take people on and commit defenders while creating chances.

Gouffran is ineffective out wide really while Remy isn't and there's nothing wrong with a bit of movement with them swapping positions either as a lot of Remy's chances seem to come from drifting inside from the LW position where he doesn't get picked up.

I can see where you are coming from and why Pard's did it but our entire front 3 was out of position in the first half which caused them to not have a clue what was going on.

Better balance in the 2nd half and hopefully lessons are learned.

He's twice the striker Gouffran will ever be, and so much more clinical. I think the idea in playing him as the front man, was to finish our few chances on the break. That they never materialised isn't his fault. But, I understood the selection.

Thing is Remy is so much more effective than Gouffran as a wide player.... he can take people on and commit defenders while creating chances.

Gouffran is ineffective out wide really while Remy isn't and there's nothing wrong with a bit of movement with them swapping positions either as a lot of Remy's chances seem to come from drifting inside from the LW position where he doesn't get picked up.

I can see where you are coming from and why Pard's did it but our entire front 3 was out of position in the first half which caused them to not have a clue what was going on.

I agree with Inochi that Remy is probably a better striker, but at the moment the team is better when Remy is wide than anyone else. He just causes more problems for defenders.

I agree with Inochi that Remy is probably a better striker, but at the moment the team is better when Remy is wide than anyone else. He just causes more problems for defenders.

yeah, that's one of the reasons I wasn't sure about dropping Cisse. If we are going to keep Cisse benched then Gouffran has to play as the central striker. I don't see why it should be a problem, it is supposedly his natural position after all.

yeah, that's one of the reasons I wasn't sure about dropping Cisse. If we are going to keep Cisse benched then Gouffran has to play as the central striker. I don't see why it should be a problem, it is supposedly his natural position after all.

Exactly. If we had a natural left winger it would be different and I could understand Remy in the central position, but we don't, so it has to be Remy out wide where he's proven to be very effective unlike other forwards we have tried there over the years. Then it's between Cisse and Gouffran for the central spot.

Guest neesy111

In the France squad apparently.

Him, Cabaye, Sissoko and Debuchy all are.

Has Ben Arfa fell out with the national management again or just overlooked?

:serious:

He did badly at the Euros, he'll have to show some pretty good form over a sustained period to get back in. At the memnet there are question marks whether he'll even start at Cardiff never mind for France.

He's not playing well enough to get in the national team,  you need to be playing better than 1 good game in in 5 to play for your club side never mind your country.

Guest icemanblue

He's not playing well enough to get in the national team,  you need to be playing better than 1 good game in in 5 to play for your club side never mind your country.

How did Debuchy get in then? WAHEY!

How did Debuchy get in then? WAHEY!

He didn't play shit for France. Boom Boom!  :lol:

Guest hatem garrincha

No Ben Arfa.

A clear signal from Deschamps that he'll never pick him.

What you mean? Just not sure if he's played under Deschamps or not, remember had a bust up with Blanc after Euro's and had a disciplinary meeting and can't remember him being back in since. Just wondering if there is still a grudge from that or their past history is stopping him from being selected.

What you mean? Just not sure if he's played under Deschamps or not, remember had a bust up with Blanc after Euro's and had a disciplinary meeting and can't remember him being back in since. Just wondering if there is still a grudge from that or their past history is stopping him from being selected.

Deschamps was manager of Marseilles when he joined us.

Guest hatem garrincha

If that's the criteria, he's played better than Cabaye, Sissoko and Debuchy all put together.

Guest hatem garrincha

Not really a shock, we've seen he can be a very good player and he's only played a few games for us. Benzema, Giroud and Remy, quite a decent striker pool to pick from.

Agree, and Remy could become a serious contender, as Giroud and Benzema have efficiency problems with the national team.

:dowie:

It's a funny situation, on one hand we obviously want him to do well while he's with us but if he does, there will be others in for him in the summer and no doubt Redknapp with get QPR back up so he could also go back there if he wants. He's already turned us down once when another team showed interest, if there is a minimum release still active in his contract then bigger clubs than QPR will be looking at him in the summer assuming he continues his current form and the legal issues are resolved.

This is why I hate loans, but I do understand the need for it in his case, just hope we've protected ourselves with some kind of clause that gives us first option or something, as the guy from the games we've seen is just the player we need.