Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ba wasn't particularly outstanding in any one area of his game (outside of finishing) but just seemed to manage to be extremely effective and for us an unbelievable goal scorer, he always seemed to find a way to get the ball in the net.  Remy has some better attributes no doubt, but I'd be absolutely amazed if he ends up a much better striker for us.

Ba wasn't particularly outstanding in any one area of his game (outside of finishing) but just seemed to manage to be extremely effective and for us an unbelievable goal scorer, he always seemed to find a way to get the ball in the net.  Remy has some better attributes no doubt, but I'd be absolutely amazed if he ends up a much better striker for us..

depends on the day, he had days when his control was evostik-like, when whatever came to him stayed there, other days he could control it 10yds.

Ba wasn't particularly outstanding in any one area of his game (outside of finishing) but just seemed to manage to be extremely effective and for us an unbelievable goal scorer, he always seemed to find a way to get the ball in the net.  Remy has some better attributes no doubt, but I'd be absolutely amazed if he ends up a much better striker for us..

depends on the day, he had days when his control was evostik-like, when whatever came to him stayed there, other days he could control it 10yds.

That's one of the main differences between Ba and Remy, for me. Ba was capable of sublime control (as is Cisse, to be fair) but it wasn't much of a shock to see him completely miscontrol it either. It's very rare that Remy doesn't have the ball where he wants it, his touch is really smooth and it sticks, the majority of the time.

That's one of the main differences between Ba and Remy, for me. Ba was capable of sublime control (as is Cisse, to be fair) but it wasn't much of a shock to see him completely miscontrol it either. It's very rare that Remy doesn't have the ball where he wants it, his touch is really smooth and it sticks, the majority of the time.

One was excellent for us, the other is excellent for us and I couldn't choose between them.

Ba is a brilliant all-round footballer and goal scorer. One of the very best strikers in the league imo. The guy managed about 13 goals in 20 games in that bag of w*** team last season.

Nah he isn't.... he's not a great passer, dribbler and doesn't have great technique.... Remy beats him in all regards as far as being an great all round footballer goes, Ba is lethal as f*ck with the right service but he's not a great all round footballer.

Which is why he's struggled for Chelsea, he doesn't get the chances because he isn't very good at creating space for himself.

So we create more than Chelsea now? :lol:

I think Remy is the better player but I sometimes wonder if a few even saw Ba play for us given the criticisms he gets.

For the striker yes we do.... strikers at Chelsea are used differently.... they have to move well and link up to create space for the midfielders behind them.

Also i don't think my criticism is that unfair.... he wasn't the all round beast he's being described as.... he was fantastic for us but in general link up and creating chances for himself through dribbling ability he wasn't better than Remy is.

Remy has better mobility, that's it pretty much. Ba slays him in everything else.

Ba slays him in dribbling, passing, technique, link up, first touch etc etc?

Sorry i don't see that, Ba was quite average at those things i don't remember this outstanding all round footballer that was great at many things outside the penalty area.

I remember a lethal striker who with service would score up there with anybody.... but his all round game wasn't this good he'd miscontrol passes and give the ball away a lot and wasn't that great of a dribbler and certainly not as good as Remy at running at defenses.

If he was this player he wouldn't be sitting on Chelsea's bench most weeks and struggled the majority of time when he does play.

I'm not saying specific instances in isolation are unimpeachably indicative of his skills in the areas you mention, but in terms of first touch and movement - see him hold his run and take the ball after Cabaye's chip, before sliding it into the corner vs Norwich. From the same game, he beats a defender without pace by turning the ball onto his left foot (before finishing with aplomb from distance).

You also missed off other categories your list. In terms of presence and link-up play, I very much urge you to watch the full 90 minutes of the 3-0 win vs Man Utd - far superior to anything I've seen Remy demonstrate thus far ;D He's far stronger, braver and aggressive than Remy too. I wouldn't be dismissive of just how much better a finisher he is than Remy too, who seems to be a one-in-three chances striker. It's pretty important in their roles. Ba's also better in the air too, for me.

In terms of link-up, he did just as well (if not better?) with Ameobi as Remy is currently doing.

Anyway, we disagree, that's cool - I'm going to leave this post as my parting shot as there's no way to prove one way or another who is right. I don't think the "look at him at Chelsea" argument holds much sway whatsoever. He's getting a payday now, it doesn't retrospectively change how he was up here.

He has much better presence true.... don't agree on link up play though. Ba's link up play was very erratic, as for finishing as of right now i agree but i wouldn't dismiss the notion Remy could be better as he's been very lethal so far. He had a off day against West Brom but there's a reason why he had the best shot to goal ratio in the entire league before the weekend. ( he still might i haven't checked)

As far as in the air goes Remy is no slouch there either he probably isn't someone to outmuscle a defender like Ba in the air but has a great spring and excellent off the ball movement to find space reminds me a bit like Owen in that way.

Any case that's my response to it all if you don't agree then fair enough, it would be boring if we all agreed with each other. :thup:

One was excellent for us, the other is excellent for us and I couldn't choose between them.

They are both obviously very good strikers, no doubt. But, I know if I was looking for a player who could do more than score, Remy is the one I'd pick. Ba has been the better goalscorer for us, his consistency was outrageous.

I'd f***ing love to see Ba and Remy up front like.

Aye fkn hell with Cabaye providing the ammo.

HBA too, the understanding that HBA had with Ba was verging on telepathic.

seriously ?

It might just be rose-tinted glasses and all, but that goal against Norwich man. HBA knew exactly where Ba was going to be.

They are both obviously very good strikers, no doubt. But, I know if I was looking for a player who could do more than score, Remy is the one I'd pick. Ba has been the better goalscorer for us, his consistency was outrageous.

This - the two players are different kinds of striker, Remy relying on his pace to beat the last defender whereas Ba had to rely on good judgment. Ba was not great in the air for a big man and wasn't a good target man really...neither is Remy but he causes the opposition far more worries than Ba because of his pace and constant presence on the shoulder of the last defender.

If we had a decent target man, Remy would be my choice in front of Ba every time...as it is, I would still have Remy but not by a great margin although his control and comfort on the ball make him a better footballer.

Ba is a great striker. Remy is a great forward. Remy is objectively better at most football skills and brings more to the team, but if you get Ba isolated with a centreback or feed him a good ball in behind, he's likely to get a good shot on target every time. I would say the reason he hasn't succeeded at Chelsea is that they will play against packed defenses most of the time and his game really doesn't lend itself to breaking that down. He won't get to isolate, his runs aren't particularly great at pulling the defenders apart, and he doesn't have the pace, strength, or aerial ability to physically dominate defenders the way Lukaku would have done. Chelsea really should have loaned him back here and kept the Belgian.

At this early stage is he our best ever loan signing? :lol:

I don't remember too many more good ones in this division

Distin's the only other good one I can think of.

Saha too. But neither of those were as good as Remy.

Hatem, too. :yao:

Saha? :lol:

At this early stage is he our best ever loan signing? :lol:

I don't remember too many more good ones in this division

Distin's the only other good one I can think of.

Saha too. But neither of those were as good as Remy.

Hatem, too. :yao:

Saha? :lol:

Don't you think he's the third best loan signing we've ever made, after Remy and Distin? :laugh: