Loïc Remy

Guest bimpy474
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Here's my bold prediction ... Man City to fall out of the top four.

Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool and Man United to remain. Probably in that order too.

Can you give some reasoning behind that opinion?

Personally, I think Brendon Rodgers is a great forward thinking manager, for all the s*** I want to talk about them, I simply can't. He plays good football, he defends his players, and he'd much rather see Coutinho/Sterling/Saurez/Sturridge on the same pitch versus the King who'd never have Sterling/Coutinho together on the pitch for fear of too much fret and not enough tackle.

They'll be fine next season provided Sturridge stays fit. They'll still create loads of chances and Rodgers will do what it takes to play good football. If by January they aren't up to speed, fully expect them to spend cash to find the game changing player they need.

O0

Very good post Kanji.

This with knobs on for me as well. Truly gutting to see them have the courage to appoint a manager with such vision and who approaches the game with such verve and vigour.

Never been the biggest fan of them, from the 70s onwards really, but you have to admit they look to have got this one spot on.

Biggest issue will be retaining his services, one more good season and the 'real big boys' may come a courting.

Rodgers ceiling is Liverpool, but I also believe they have every bit about their owner in John Henry to stay in this bracket of fighting for top 4 as he'll not shy from spending cash and trying to win something there. If that means Rodgers is moved on if they can't and they bring on a European manager, I think that is also possible too.  They have the right owner, ambitious and not afraid to spend cash. As long as he stays committed, the sky is the limit for them as well as any other club that is willing to pay the going rate in transfer fees and wages and hire a forward thinking manager with clear tactics and plan.  What would have become of Sterling, Henderson, and Flannigan had Rodgers not been manager? Would Coutinho have still been wasting away at Inter? Suarez looked a lost soul when they were played off the park at SJP our 5th season...

I don't ever see a situation where Man Utd, Chelsea, or Man City go for him. Man Utd's ship sailed when Moyes was appointed after Sir Alex. I was thinking the other day what could have been for Man Utd had Rodgers taken over there right after Sir Alex. I know I'm really praising the blobfish bastard like crazy right now but they were within a shadow of winning the PL title last season if not for Henderson's red and Gerrard's slip (imo). Sure you can attribute a ton or most of that to Suarez but nobody can deny he's a forward thinking gung-ho manager. His test will be this season, when he doesn't have a top 5 world player in the form of his life scoring at will.

Honestly man, unbearable. :lol:

:lol:

This is what they said when I told them of Liverpool challenging for the title last season. You could have all been very rich men.

We'll discuss this again next summer, with your tail between your legs.

Guest firetotheworks

Honestly man, unbearable. :lol:

:lol:

This is what they said when I told them of Liverpool challenging for the title last season. You could have all been very rich men.

We'll discuss this again next summer, with your tail between your legs.

Can I put a bet on for Liverpool to challenge for the title please?

Sorry, we don't take really open-ended bets like that.

Guest firetotheworks

Could have bet on them finishing top four KI.

True. I don't think it would have been that big a shout though.

Anyway, regarding Man City, I'm not sold on Pellegrini. Think his teams looked a bit vulnerable defensively myself, and they had scoring droughts sometimes, against some really average teams too. If he sticks with that 4-4-2 he likes, I'm just not sure it will work.

They seem to be sticking with largely the same team too, while Chelsea, Arsenal and Man U are making much more significant moves. Arsenal and Chelsea won't fall away like they did last year, and Man United will be back making noise. Liverpool, well, think they'll look quite similar to how they did last season in all honesty.

Just a feeling I have on this season. Sounds crazy now perhaps, but I guess we'll see soon enough.

Guest chopey

At this point I would say its Chelsea's title but it all depends on what players go where and I also love the way  Pochettino's teams play so Spurs could even be a dark horse

Personally, I think Brendon Rodgers is a great forward thinking manager, for all the shit I want to talk about them, I simply can't. He plays good football, he defends his players, and he'd much rather see Coutinho/Sterling/Saurez/Sturridge on the same pitch versus the King who'd never have Sterling/Coutinho together on the pitch for fear of too much fret and not enough tackle.

They'll be fine next season provided Sturridge stays fit. They'll still create loads of chances and Rodgers will do what it takes to play good football. If by January they aren't up to speed, fully expect them to spend cash to find the game changing player they need.

Rodgers has been great for them and I thought he would be from day one tbh. Even if they don't match last season they'll play good football.

If Arsenal got one more to quality player I could really see them winning the league this season

Yeah but we say that about Arsenal every year :lol:

Was just going to say that. Usually around this time that I start thinking they've got it in them.

We are turning into a very decent stepping stone for players mind. No need to question why they'd want to come here.

Outside the top 5 we're the next ones in line imo. We've always had a decent pull on players, wether it's a stepping stone or any other reason Newcastle is still seen as a good club to play for.